Population control- good or bad?

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Many countries promote smaller families by birth control in order to take care of problems of scarce resources. In our country too, many educated families have just 1 or 2 kids whereas the less educated & less affluent families  continue  2 have many more kids. After few generations they will outnumber the better placed families.

Do U think this can cause social upheaval as the number of illiterate ppl will far outnumber the educated & well placed citizens.  This will then lead to comparisons and feelings of unfairness by those who do not have access to finer things in life against the ppl who do have them & wud be a minority by then.

Some communities are against limiting family size so that they can  increase their census-  This is already tipping the national census in many countries all over the world. ..A few generations down the line the census wud be very different ' the present majority is set to be come a minority !

China too is anticipating problems due to increase in older population against a drop in the productive younger generation because of its one child per family policy in the past.

So on one hand it makes sense to follow population control policies whereas on the other hand it has its own consequences. ! What is your opinion on this !

Edited by angie.4u - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The" have- nots" will outnumber the 'haves" & then may B we go the Russian revolution way. May be deliberate population control isnt such a good idea as the educated masses will reduce but the uneducated will go on multiplying & soon overtake the reigns ..
One has to control pop explosn not only for saving scarce resources but also for ones own health.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Basically smart people are waiting to have children at the right time and dumb people are breeding like bunnies. So the number of smart people is getting disproportionately low every year. The future of the earth is nothing but Idiocracy.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I saw in some debate topic people talking about Personal/Private choice n life.......I think birth control also part of these category.....& I know lots of smart people having more than 4,5 kids....😊Am not against the BC, but I see a deep connection between birth control methods n the Women's Liberation Movement. 😊Women are becoming destructive n thy r destroying family life, their relationships..... They may be trying to rationalise it in many ways, bt thy r trying to be liberated frm the slavery In fact it is a destructive phase....I think the birth control methods have stopped their creative channelization.... 😳😊if some channels are not opened to thm they will becom very destructive😊But can go beyond nature cos you have a higher nature also.... One can go beyond biology, n one has to otherwise one is a slave to hormones!😊

_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

The" have- nots" will outnumber the 'haves" & then may B we go the Russian revolution way. May be deliberate population control isnt such a good idea as the educated masses will reduce but the uneducated will go on multiplying & soon overtake the reigns ..

yeah, the population equation seems to be all set to change for the worse 
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: saaby

One has to control pop explosn not only for saving scarce resources but also for ones own health.

Thats also true . The Ministry of Health & family welfare has been having a tough time convincing the rural population to go for family planning as multiple births were harming the mother's health & also the father's financial health ..
_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Basically smart people are waiting to have children at the right time and dumb people are breeding like bunnies. So the number of smart people is getting disproportionately low every year. The future of the earth is nothing but Idiocracy.

exactly ! But considering Darwin's law of natural selection & survival of the fittest , it really makes me wonder if we are on the right track 😕
angie thats a very valid point and this is a very good topic. i think we have had enough of awareness. now what we need to do is heavily fine people for having more than one child. bcoz as u said."Some communities are against limiting family size so that they can  increase their census". we can spread awareness among people who r ignorant but not between people who r purposely being ignorant.
also in case of illiterate people, i dont think there is any source of mass communication which the govt. has left unturned to spread awareness among these people.
so i think the best course of action right now would be to punish or heavily fine these people.
there shouldnt be any subsidies, reservations or other welfare measures for people having more than 2 children.

Infact now a days educated family prefer to have only 1 child  due to scarce resourses.

_Angie_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

I saw in some debate topic people talking about Personal/Private choice n life.......I think birth control also part of these category.....& I know lots of smart people having more than 4,5 kids....😊Am not against the BC, but I see a deep connection between birth control methods n the Women's Liberation Movement. 😊Women are becoming destructive n thy r destroying family life, their relationships..... They may be trying to rationalise it in many ways, bt thy r trying to be liberated frm the slavery In fact it is a destructive phase....I think the birth control methods have stopped their creative channelization.... 😳😊if some channels are not opened to thm they will becom very destructive😊But can go beyond nature cos you have a higher nature also.... One can go beyond biology, n one has to otherwise one is a slave to hormones!😊

These are sweeping statements Vinu 😊 While its true that BC gives women some amount of liberty we have to look at other aspects too. For many women BC is not a choice as they have to follow the dictats of their husband & in laws & bear as many children as they have to until they beget a male child & many times even after that. There are many women from the lower socio economic grp who get pregnant every year & have 6-7 kids even if their health does not permit & they have no means to ensure a decent life either for themselves or their kids.