Priyanka to enter Guinness Book of World Records

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Too much, Priyanka!

AAKANKSHA NAVAL SHETYE , TNN 2 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Hard work does pay. Ask Priyanka Chopra, who is all set to enter the Guinness Book of World Records for playing the highest number of characters
Priyanka Chopra More Pics
in one film.

A feat that the actress has accomplished with her 12 avatars in Ashutosh Gowariker's forthcoming film What's Your Rashee?

The producer has sent the actresses' name to be officially entered in the Guinness. "If this does happen, it will be phenomenal," said Priyanka excitedly. "I'm overjoyed and honoured to be a part of this record-breaking film."

Producer Sunita Gowariker, who's equally elated, revealed, "Priyanka has not only played 12 different roles, but breathed life into 12 distinct characters without the aide of any prosthetics. Few people realise how difficult a challenge it is. This we gauged when we spoke to the Guinness officials. No actor has ever played so many different roles in cinema of any language. So it truly is a world record."

The versatile Kamal Hassan played 10 roles in Dashavataram. He beat Sanjeev Kumar and Sivaji Ganeshan by one role as the two had done nine roles for Naya Din Nayi Raat and Navarathiri respectively. Internationally, too, not many actors have come close to achieving this.

Eddie Murphy played seven characters in The Nutty Professor, and he only upped it to eight in the sequel. Eric Idle is credited with having played seven in Monty Python and The Holy Grail (1975), while Alec Guinness played eight in Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Too-much-Priyanka/articleshow/4958727.cms
Edited by friends_rock - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP !

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So proud of Pranks

She deserves it

God Bless Her !๐Ÿ˜
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ohh wow Congo to PC :))

wow. congo to PC, i love seeing indian people in there =)

xChandnix thumbnail

Yayyy congooo Priyanka! :D

There are alot of indian guys; one with the longest ear hair and one who pulled an aeroplane with his ear or something & others but it'll be awesome to see Priyanka there! Haven't seen many indian women!
Wow! That is awesome.
OMG!!!! that's great i'm happy for her she deserves it ๐Ÿ˜Š
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
that's great news...

and i'm glad the so many Indians have made it in the Guiness Book of World Records... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

congrats to Priyanka... it is indeed a great honour...
Sharad K. rocks thumbnail
I hope it does happen!! Congrats to PC!!
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That is freaking AMAZING!!!!
WOW!!!!
<3333