Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
so my question is

when as a member we step WAY out of line..we get warning level increases and a ban if needed!

As a mod u are expected to behave even better than us coz u represent the forum more than us!shouldnt the consequence be stricter !

so shouldnt mods get demoted by a point system or anything for bad behavior? If that is not possible isnt there a double standards somewhere?

and if by mistake I press the REPORT button on a MOD post..where does it go?

Edited by carolinecj - 14 years ago
sabrinaa. thumbnail

Originally posted by: carolinecj

so my question is

when as a member we step WAY out of line..we get warning level increases and a ban if needed!

As a mod u are expected to behave even better than us coz u represent the forum more than us!shouldnt the consequence be stricter ! Exactly.

so shouldnt mods get demoted by a point system or anything for bad behavior? If that is not possible isnt there a double standards somewhere? Which is one of my biggest concerns.

and if by mistake I press the REPORT button on a MOD post..where does it go? I guess it goes to the Mods themselves .. so you know what that suggests ..

roxthefox thumbnail
I do believed I also PMed mango, amongst other GM's, not just in February, but throughout, and when our plea was ignored, and no action was taken, we gave up, and were compelled to leave the forum. IT doesn't matter if the issue is old. The point is, it's still continuing, and nothing has been done to correct the matter.
sabrinaa. thumbnail
^ Agreed.

I didn't PM mango actually, she started it. So I guess that's why I'm actually having a conversation with a GM.
roxthefox thumbnail
Exactly Caro, and that's another issue that we presented to another mod. Who moderates the moderators? If there is an issue with a particular mod, nothing is really done about it, because you know, DEV Team is apparently a really tight family... ha! Shouldn't there be a feedback system for the mods?

Also, why are mods allowed to appoint their best friends as moderators? Especially when the 'friend' already has animosity with other group of people, and is there for the sole purpose of 'punishing' those other people? Shouldn't the mods be neutral?
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: roxthefox

Exactly Caro, and that's another issue that we presented to another mod. Who moderates the moderators? If there is an issue with a particular mod, nothing is really done about it, because you know, DEV Team is apparently a really tight family... ha! Shouldn't there be a feedback system for the mods?

Also, why are mods allowed to appoint their best friends as moderators? Especially when the 'friend' already has animosity with other group of people, and is there for the sole purpose of 'punishing' those other people? Shouldn't the mods be neutral?

In that case

another issue

when a normal member is warned

there have been cases of DevTEam displaying the warning along with the post ..indicating the warning level increased
"Ur warning level has been increased by 20%"--> an actual post by a dev team member in the forum!

so yes agree.... u have a very transparent system of moderating members...

why shhould the moderating of the DT by ppl up the ladder be not-so-transparent....

arent we all equal in I-F? or are we talking about a different forum ?

when the moderators are not as neutral as they claim to be..shouldnt they be moved when atleast evidence is produced?
Edited by carolinecj - 14 years ago
The only fear I have is that Moderators who are best friends with morbid fangrils recommend the GM's for their best girlfriends to become coolbies/viewbies/mods and whatnot.

I mean I guess I can swallow one inefficient Moderator, but to have an exact carbon copy of the Moderator is too much to handle.

I only say this because recently one of the WORST person on the entire planet got chosen to be promoted as a Viewbie which means that power just got landed into the wrong hands. This specific person has had major tiffs with normal headed members, and has publicly harassed myself and members that I know of. Is this the criteria used for picking Mods?

I say that we should eliminate the system of Moderators or there better be a legitimate way of picking them.
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sabrinaa.

This is ridiculous. No wonder many people say I-F is the most rudest forum. I thought it was only a crazy and disorganized forum, but I stand corrected, as it is the rudest.

Never in my forum life have I ever come across a forum like I-F.

You say criticism is allowed on the forums, as it's expressing opinions. Not all opinions have to be positive towards a show, right? So how come people totally FREAK when someone types against their favorite show? CLEARLY, people can't take criticism well and decide the best thing to do is be rude to the person who stated their opinion. Then start personal attacks. Are they not allowed to say they don't like a show or its characters? Seriously, it's really ridiculous.

And the great and holy mods, great job. All you do is warn everyone about 5 times and do what? Nothing. A topic is locked just because some people decide to personal attack other members and then people can't say what they don't like. Why not just leave the topic open and edit the wrong posts?

This is JUST an example of the mods abusing their 'power' on members. Just look at the TONE of this warning and come back: http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1228598&TPN=114

"This is the Final Warning from my side. If i get ONE more complaint from Janat or any body posting here, you won't be happy with the consequences!"

"This is finally, the last warning to Everyone. I don't want to hear anybody's side of the story."

EXCUSE ME?! That is NOt polite, and it's clearly just saying he's higher than every single member on the forum.

Also, the members try to SUCK UP to the Moderators. Ever wonder why?! Because on I-F, the Mods are like Gods, aren't they? If members suck up to them, then MAYBE, just maybe, they will become a Mod too! YAY. Now they can boss around other members and act liek they own the forum and nothign goes without their saying!! .. Again, WHAT is wrong with this picture?

People here need to learn that not everyone will like what they like, and there will be criticism.

So, it's about time to do something ..?! No wonder people are leaving ..

Edit: People are liking my post, so before someone says this, it's not just me who feels this way ..

let me tell you a few things.  Seems like you have arrived at this conclusion quite late. Once upon a time I, along with my friends, decided to create a topic about the pathetic moderation in a particular section of this forum. The only thing that we posted in that topic was examples of different times moderators have been plain rude AND have played favoritism towards some stuck ups. As a result, our topic was called "AN ATTACK" and we all got WL increases.😆 With time I realized that most sections of IF are corrupted due to pathetic moderators and their pathetic moderation.   If u ain't a friend with "A MODERATOR" on IF, you can't say a word without getting warnings and threats to close your topic or chat club. 

Just to make things easy for you in the future "if"  you want to be in this forum, you must realize that you can only survive here if 1) you have a typical desi mentality that has corrupted most of the asian countries' politics  2) you must be able to stuck up to a moderator 3) if you are not friends with a moderator, then keep in mind that you cannot say that you dislike an actor/show/scene, etc.  In other words, you are NOT allowed to do anything on this forum besides.....................BS. 

One more thing, if you think you can change anything here..........YOU ARE WRONG.  This forum is full of people who can have life long discussions about an actor's nostrial and armpit hair.  If you have the patience to argue with people like that, then you are welcome to stay here.

ENJOY! 

Edited by totallyfabulous - 14 years ago
sabrinaa. thumbnail
^ How about the friggen members choose themselves? Or vote or something. Anything really. Just not the way they choose them now.

I mean it's pretty freaking obvious how the viewbies get chosen and why. No one's living under a rock, here, darlings.
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sabrinaa.

I love how so many people liked my post, yet no Moderator said anything yet.

They aren't gonna say anything..............they go into hiding as soon as somebody says a word against them OR they will give us a long lecture which will consists of how much hardwork they do and how "other" members should behave.  Most of them have nothing to defend themselves with so they like to keep quite.  😊