It's About Time; 1st Page Edited.

sabrinaa. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
This is ridiculous. No wonder many people say I-F is the most rudest forum. I thought it was only a crazy and disorganized forum, but I stand corrected, as it is the rudest.

Never in my forum life have I ever come across a forum like I-F.

You say criticism is allowed on the forums, as it's expressing opinions. Not all opinions have to be positive towards a show, right? So how come people totally FREAK when someone types against their favorite show? CLEARLY, people can't take criticism well and decide the best thing to do is be rude to the person who stated their opinion. Then start personal attacks. Are they not allowed to say they don't like a show or its characters? Seriously, it's really ridiculous.

And the great and holy mods, great job. All you do is warn everyone about 5 times and do what? Nothing. A topic is locked just because some people decide to personal attack other members and then people can't say what they don't like. Why not just leave the topic open and edit the wrong posts?

This is JUST an example of the mods abusing their 'power' on members. Just look at the TONE of this warning and come back: http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1228598&TPN=114

"This is the Final Warning from my side. If i get ONE more complaint from Janat or any body posting here, you won't be happy with the consequences!"

"This is finally, the last warning to Everyone. I don't want to hear anybody's side of the story."

EXCUSE ME?! That is NOt polite, and it's clearly just saying he's higher than every single member on the forum.

Also, the members try to SUCK UP to the Moderators. Ever wonder why?! Because on I-F, the Mods are like Gods, aren't they? If members suck up to them, then MAYBE, just maybe, they will become a Mod too! YAY. Now they can boss around other members and act liek they own the forum and nothign goes without their saying!! .. Again, WHAT is wrong with this picture?

People here need to learn that not everyone will like what they like, and there will be criticism.

So, it's about time to do something ..?! No wonder people are leaving ..

A majority of the members in this thread have come up with a few solutions. Though we doubt these will be considered, I'll write them in here anyways.

- Members are made aware of the rules of the Dev Team
- Members are allowed to vote when there are certain people up for position in the Dev Team
- Members are allowed to give proper feedback to the DT team that is each section. They should have a "Moderator Feedback" post as many times we feel we CAN'T say a word because it is taken as "writing against the Dev Team".

Edit: People are liking my post, so before someone says this, it's not just me who feels this way ..
Edited by sabrinaa. - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree with u, the mods only warn people but never bann them. if someone doesn't like an actress, they constantly bash them but mods never do anything. but just warn and say to respect others opinions. well some people in this forum have no respect at all. your right its time someone does somthing.
sabrinaa. thumbnail
I love how so many people liked my post, yet no Moderator said anything yet.

This is the rudest forum with the WORST moderators. WORST. Who think they can go give around warnings to anyone they don't like. Proof? I don't need to give you any. EVERYONE agrees with me. BIASED! Mods here are biased. Just recently, I saw a topic that got closed because someone was sharing their opinion. The members who started the personal attacks didn't get a WL, but I'm sure if I posted the 'F' word uncensored, I would have gotten banned. Just because the moderator LIKED that show, he/she didn't do anything, than simply just close the topic. God, how sick.

Sabrina, you're completely right. The moderators think they're GOD. HELL freaking O!? They aren't. All of them need a reality check. Just because they can post new rules every 2 weeks, give warnings out, close topics doesn't give them the right to be RUDE to members. They can't close any topic because people are critizing a show. Uhm.. ever heard of FREEDOM OF SPEECH? Closing a topic won't shut up the member. Understand that. This is a discussion forum, right?

Once, a moderator said 'Don't you DARE talk to ME like that, moderators don't tolerate people talking to them like that.' WTF. (oh my god, I said WTF, what are you gonna give me a WL for it?!) How the hell can a mod say that? Who are they, do they freaking own the forum? NO. EN OH. NO. They're suppose to be nice and handle problems in a friendly and FAIR manner. But do they? NO. I have proof, and I can show you. But you know what? I WON'T. Because it wont matter anyways. Btw, members don't tolerate people talking back to them either, does anyone do anything about that?! NO. This bs will never stop.

If you guys want good moderators, hire good ones. Mature ones. Who actually know what they're doing. Not some stuck ups who're OH-SO-NICE when they're trying to because a viewbie, and change as soon as they BECOME a viewbie.

You guys try to make this forum kid friendly? HELLO!? It's 2009. Kids at the age of 12 know more than you guys will EVER know. Really now, we can't say hell?! Honestly...

*edit*

A moderator once got caught copying someone elses work. Did anything happen to her? Did she get banned? Did she get a WL raise? Did a GM even bother posting a note in her topic? NO. Why? Because she's a moderator. This issue happened a long time back, yet nothing has happened yet.
Edited by SaNyA_21 - 14 years ago
sabrinaa. thumbnail
^ Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the one example I gave of the moderator was in GENERAL, and that's how many moderators are.

Their tone is just so rude, and it makes me laugh on how they think they're the best and everything is in their power.

However, my post wasn't just pointing at Moderators. There are many more issues that I hope are dealt with.

Please respect this, because the reason I'm posting this ISN'T just to complain. I actually want something to be done. 

The hypocriticism is ridiculous at this forums also. Just read the first part of my first post.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Moderator's Note:
We have not stopped anyone from expression their views or criticizing the character. If you do not like a character, criticise the character but NOT the actor. Same goes to fans too. If one see a criticism against a character, we have always requested everyone not to jump in to defend the Actor/Actress, for it is only the character that is getting criticised. If anyone is at fault then it is the story plot.

And yes, while criticising, remember to not post anything unsavory that you wouldn't like hearing about yourself spoken by others.   Any derogatory references or name callings against actors /characters/members/Dev team members are strictly a NO NO  here.

A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. But a basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily such that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Please do not make comments on someone that you wont like being said about your favorite star. Respect others and get respect back.

This is a family forum where we have members from 13 years of age to 70+ years visiting. So irrespective of how angry how frustrated one is, donot use swear words, curses, slang's, or profanity.

If you have any problem/issue with Dev Team please take it up on PM and sort it out. Don't create a scene by starting a thread here.

Topic Closed

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Topic reopened on Poster's Request.
Dark Love thumbnail

Originally posted by: sabrinaa.

This is ridiculous. No wonder many people say I-F is the most rudest forum. I thought it was only a crazy and disorganized forum, but I stand corrected, as it is the rudest.I-F has become rude, and this, I won't deny.

Never in my forum life have I ever come across a forum like I-F.This can be taken in different ways 😆

You say criticism is allowed on the forums, as it's expressing opinions. Not all opinions have to be positive towards a show, right? So how come people totally FREAK when someone types against their favorite show? Because they're blinded by their love for the show...and are automatically assuming there's a rule on I-F not allowing for criticism, which actually, doesn't exist.

CLEARLY, people can't take criticism well and decide the best thing to do is be rude to the person who stated their opinion. Then start personal attacks. Are they not allowed to say they don't like a show or its characters? Seriously, it's really ridiculous.It is quite ridiculous, it's like saying "your mama" back to someone who says that so-and-so needs to improve their acting. My reaction: Really now? Can I buy you a comeback dictionary? 😆

And the great and holy mods, great job. All you do is warn everyone about 5 times and do what? Nothing. HEY, if I had to warn someone five times, I'll make sure they get banned, 5 x 20 = 100% WL. ðŸ˜² A topic is locked just because some people decide to personal attack other members and then people can't say what they don't like. Why not just leave the topic open and edit the wrong posts? This, should be done. Reminds me of a certain KMH thread a few days ago...one moment everyone's fighting...next, I go, so, I agree, I don't like that character and bam, the topic takes a U-Turn. Memories. 😆

This is JUST an example of the mods abusing their 'power' on members. Just look at the TONE of this warning and come back: http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1228598&TPN=114

"This is the Final Warning from my side. If i get ONE more complaint from Janat or any body posting here, you won't be happy with the consequences!"

"This is finally, the last warning to Everyone. I don't want to hear anybody's side of the story."

EXCUSE ME?! That is NOt polite, and it's clearly just saying he's higher than every single member on the forum. No comment, we've already discussed this.

But yes, I do see why people would get bad, I just think the mod got fed up, happens to me sometimes. But you know me, I don't quit, I make sure the apologies are screamed.

Also, the members try to SUCK UP to the Moderators. Ever wonder why?! Because on I-F, the Mods are like Gods, aren't they? If members suck up to them, then MAYBE, just maybe, they will become a Mod too! YAY. I really don't get that. Modship isn't so very exciting guys, why is there always a competition on who's gonna become mod? Don't deny it, I've seen it ðŸ˜² It's better if you don't try too hard and just lay back and be yourself...gives you a better chance.

Now they can boss around other members and act liek they own the forum and nothign goes without their saying!! .. Again, WHAT is wrong with this picture? A lot of things? I see where you're coming from, and I'd like to apologize to anyone who felt like that under my moderating, because I've always tried to keep a friendly relationship with my members, unless they really peeve me with something like plagiarism or adult content, because that really has no justification.

People here need to learn that not everyone will like what they like, and there will be criticism.I agree.

So, it's about time to do something ..?! No wonder people are leaving ..Agree ith this one...

Edit: People are liking my post, so before someone says this, it's not just me who feels this way ..It's not.

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I agree while appointing the mods. it should be taken into consideration that they are polite and not rude. I saw that topic . ITs really a bit harsh. Some mods. do abuse their powers . I hope IF admins and GMs really find a solution for it. There should be a team which should evaluate the behaviour of mods too. If they become harsh with members for wrong reasons then they should be removed from the mod. post but if the member is really creating ruckus then the mod. is right on his/her part !!!
roxthefox thumbnail
Whoa, someone other than 'our' group also isn't happy with the moderation? SHOCK AND HORROR! Be silent, my beating heart, as I wouldn't want to get another ban threat for 'plotting an attack against the DEV team'...

Believe it or not, but we've been voicing our grievances since February. It is August now, and NO action has been taken, and we're delibertly ignored, because we're on the 'trouble members' list *rolls eyes*

This isn't moderation; this is a dictatorship, set up by a bunch of socially inept, frothing mouthed quarter wits, who haven't gotten a clue as to how a forum should be moderated. Granted, there are some great moderators on IF, namely Gagan, and those from the Bollywood forum, but that is an exception, rather than a rule.

Basically, IF is an outlet for a group of deranged morons, also known as rabid fangirls, for them to constantly pour their LOWE for fictional characters, shows, and celebrities who have no knowledge of their existence. Any attempts to to instigate a thought provoking, or intellectually stimulating discussion are halted, with the infamous 'lock' button, and a WL increase. Isn't a forum meant to encourage discussions, whether they be positive or negative? How will discussions ever flourish if the DEV team continously discourages it??!?

We have immature and irresponsible moderators, who let their personal bias and grudge against certain members cloud their judgement, and make it their agenda to punish them. I've gotten WL's because I supposedly 'BASHED' the moderator's best friend. Our posts were deleted, our topics thrashed without any explanation, just because the mod hated us. On top of that, if any one of us refuted the moderator's points with LOGICAL AND VALID points, the topic was locked, but later re-opened so that the moderator's friend could come and post insulting comments to us, but then locked again so that we wouldn't have the opportunity to respond. Not to mention, some moderators asking their moderator friends in other sections to also ban and lock our topics. REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MATURE. This doesn't even  begin to touch the surface of the SHIT that we've had to experience.

Every time a member gets a warning, the moderator makes sure to humiliate them as much as possible. Comments like 'you're an awful member, you should be ashamed, you tarnish the environment of IF, you are absolutely disgusting and sickening' etc etc are posted in warning threads. WHAT EXCUSES THE MODERATORS TO USE SUCH LANGUAGE, WHEN WE SURE AS HELL DON'T HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO DO SO?!?!? Are moderators an exception, then? They must be, because despite many complaints against moderators, and even evidence to support our claims, NO action was taken against mods.

Oh, and I've also learned that mods can post personal information without a scratch. Yep. I LOVE THE DEV TEAM!!!!!!

Don't even get me started on those that suck up to the mods to become best friends with them. They break every single rule in the book, and have a gala time doing it, but nothing is done about it. Nothing.

In a nutshell? Dev Team= power hungry, corrupt, not to mention, opressive.

FYI guys, been there, done that:

Edited by roxthefox - 14 years ago