-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

What Happened Last On roadie?

EPISODE 7:
    Dehradun Dur Nahin...

Just 7 of them were left, that's almost half the initial number. Bruised but not beaten the Roadies marched on; their destination, Dehradun, a pleasant change from the hot sandy dunes of Rajasthan.
An early start to the day and the Roadies were off. There's an extra twist as well, they had  given Rs 200 to manage all their expenses for the day, till they reach Dehradun. To make matters worse, they received an initial fatka of Rs 50 courtesy Stuti.

However the generous team players that they were, some of them offered to skip lunch for the good of the team. Thankfully there was no need for such martyrdom, several enterprising Dhaba owners offered the Roadies a free lunch in exchange for a few publicity shots. It's amazing what a camera can do for you these days. However there was another twist - at the end of their meal our roadies received (would you believe) a bill. . A fight followed: DHABA DUDES vs THE ROADIES (Rahul and Shubi leading from the front). A timely intervention by AJ prevented things from getting out of hand.
They arrived at Dehradun, checkd into their hotels (plush rooms with big TVs) and were back to their favourite pastime- politics. This time it was AJ in full effect, plotting viciously against a teammate. Shubi must go he maintained.

Soon their task for money was handed to them; it was a quiz contest, the roadies pitted against a bunch of school kids. 1,70,000 up for grabs. Finally the task for immunity, each roadie was given a rope and tied at the hands and feet by knots. They had to free themselves from these knots without removing either of them.within a limited period of  10 minutes as well. Unfourtunately nobody won.

At the end , AJ was voted out.

Thanx to mtvindia.com😊

P.S Is there anyone who can do regular updates on Roadies? Coz i am not sure about myself.

Edited by misha - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luving_gal_neha thumbnail
Episode 8:
    Only the mentally strong will survive
Show Episode Dehradun to Rishikesh. The group keeps getting smaller, the final destination closer, but the journey just keeps getting harder. A new day has dawned amidst our favourite group of bikers and a new captain is chosen – Meher.

There's no lunch for the Roadies today, they would have to earn it. We've seen the Roadies earn money before and this one is as interesting. A broken badminton, a matchbox full of used matches, a tennis shoe, a fused bulb are just some of the items given to the Roadies as sellable goods. Watch them make a meal of this task; all for a meal too. Several customers later, our friends sit down to a nice hot lunch, paid for by their very own money.

They make it to Rishikesh later that evening and are greeted by a slight change from the normal. Instead of nice plush hotels that the Roadies have gotten used to, they receive tents. Check out some full on grumbling as our 'mama's boys take a walk more like a nap on the wild side.

A new day, a new destination and a new task. This one's for money and it's a slightly unconventional task-Yoga. Make that very unconventional. Given a list of ten odd asana each Roadie has to pick one and duplicate the asana as demonstrated by the sadhus present. For each asana completed the Roadies win 10,000 which would be added to the Rs.5 lakh kitty. Yoga? The Roadies? Yeah right! You have to catch this one though, just to see if they can complete even one of those body twisting, backbreaking asanas.

A few grueling hours later a pooped bunch of Roadies make their way back to their tents. With the vote outs looming Stuti rounds up the girls; some plotting is necessary she feels.

Finally the task for immunity. Lying in front of the Roadies is a bed of nails! Yup! You read correctly. The task - simple, just lie on that bed of nails for as long as you can. Weights would be periodically added just to make sure the Roadies don't get too comfy. The winner gets immunity, the losers face elimination

Rahul got the immunity!!
N stuti got voted out!
luving_gal_neha thumbnail
Episode 9:
    Kris under pressure...!
Show Episode Stuti's gone! That was the big shocker last week. She was the strong link right! I mean everyone thought she was the one, well with her being voted out the game is wide open now and its anyone's guess, which reminds me; I hope everyone has been playing the KAUNSA ROADIE NIKLEGA CONTEST? Some cool 'maal' to be won there. So get clicking. Rishikesh to Nahan; the story moves forward.

Rahul is their new captain, I don't think he's ever been one before and he leads the rest of the pack through a scenic, mist laden ride into Nahan. The clouds practically caress the road along the way, one of those seen to be believed types. The hotel was a pleasant change too. Sorry! Make that one fabulous hotel going by the expressions on the faces of our weary travelers. Beats camping huh? The pool amidst that scenic view was the deal clincher.

Now that's a nice hotel. Pretty much the only thing our Roadies seem to be agreeing upon. Watch Parul and Shubi go at it in the bathroom. Whoa! Slow down; before that mind of yours begins to work overtime let me explain. They're plotting their next vote out. Parul tells Shubi what Meher told Parul about Krish and Rahul. Confused? Go figure. Again watch Parul and Shubi go at it.

The first task- the money one and Rs. 80000 is up for grabs. This is one cool task, something me and my friends would have liked to have a crack out. They have three tries to pull a Quallis plus its driver up the hotel slope, cross 40 feet and the 80000 is in the bag. The best try is considered and the money drops as the distance drops. Watch our Roadies strain every sinew in their body as they struggle to pull the Quallis past 10 ft in all three attempts. Feeling sorry for them our VJ, Ranvijay offers them a fourth try. In life there is no such thing as a free lunch and Ranvijay's oh so benevolent gesture comes with a price tag. The previous three tries don't count. The Roadies go for it anyway, after all the earlier attempts had been woefully pathetic. Can an already exhausted bunch cross 10 ft in a make or break attempt?

Some lighter stuff after the previous neck breaking task and it's a simple Q & A session. JAVAB KA SAVAL NAHIN, declares Ranvijay proudly. Every Roadie gets to ask another Roadie a question. Any question? Strangely enough all fingers point towards Krishnesh with everyone making their intentions and feelings towards him very clear. Kris must win immunity, at any cost.

The immunity task and it's a tricky one. A water tank about 15 feet high has been attached with several nozzles. Water would be periodically released from each nozzle within a set time limit. Each Roadie must minimize the water released by using any and all body parts to block the nozzles. Simple? Not really!

They won 60000 rs. N Meher got voted out!!!

www.mtvindia.com
-misha thumbnail
Thanx to mtvindia.com

Episode 10:

Rahul, Parul, Shubi and Krishnesh. That's it; there are just four of them left. It was anyone's game now; perhaps Krish was more vulnerable than the rest. Remember last week's confession by the other remaining roadies. Roadies 3: Everyone's getting closer to Leh and the final winner.

The first task at Shimla and this one was relatively simple. Seemed fair, a pleasant break from the otherwise strenuous tasks. This one was a treasure hunt. A fairly self explanatory task, a treasure needed to be found. The treasures happened to be APPLE IPODS. So if you ever spot a Roadie humming listening to his favourite tune from this really small device, well you and I know where and how they won those.

The foursome also had their future read by a tarot card reader.

The group wasn't that tight anymore, Meher's vote out was a rather sad one and the mood seems to have rubbed off on the others as well. To confuse things a little more Ranvijay announced another vote out. Another one? But I thought these were the final four. Nevertheless they all marched down for another vote out and within a matter of minutes the votes had been cast.

Krish was voted out. Hold on though, there was more. Ranvijay stopped the voted out Roadie from leaving and announced a new surprise, there was a vote in. One of those Roadies which had been voted out in the earlier episodes was voted back in. Laveen is back.Talk about a shock for the remaining few.
Big burly pehlvaan Laveen is back! He was voted out in episode 1 and never even got a chance to be on the bike. Now its time for some badla. Will the others be safe?

Edited by misha - 18 years ago
-misha thumbnail
Episode 11
thanx to mtvindia.com

Early morning and breakfast was ready. Laveen gorged down 10 eggs and several pieces of toast. The others could only stare in amazement. Finally after Laveen was done the Roadies headed out. The ride from Shimla to Bilaspur was one filled with scenic roads, and greenery all round. They were also taught how to set up tents, a handy skill to learn no doubt but our friends made an initial mess of it. Finally the tents were up but there was a new musibat. Well, not really a 'musibat', more like an inconvenience really. Thing is the toilets suck and the Roadies weren't very happy. Toilets? More like a hole in the ground as Rahul aptly put it.

Finally both men and women made use of all the facilities and they laid back under the stars chilling to the warmth of a campfire. Kris had changed though and he chose to be rather quiet with Parul, Rahul and Shubi. In his own words 'I felt very hurt, especially Rahul, he hurt me the most.' Laveen; in the meantime continued to try his best to fit in but his attempts only succeeded in annoying the others even further.

Another morning and the Roadies were on the move again. The money task and the Roadies could earn up to 1000 bucks a second. All they had to do was balance themselves on a log floating in water. The more they balanced the more money they earned and if they did not use the help of another roadie then the stakes were raised to 2000 a second. Each Roadie got three attempts and the total time was cumulative i.e. every attempt counts. It looked simple but this was one hard task.

Next up, a new destination; Manali and our Roadies were getting closer to Leh. Another round of tents were set up followed by some hot tomato soup. People usually come to Manali to chill but Rahul and Laveen seemed to have different ideas. A simple taunt got out of hand and the two were all set to whack the living daylights out of each other. What can I say? Boys will be boys!

It was time for the big one, the immunity task. This was definitely one of the coolest tasks that the Roadies had to perform. An adrenalin rush to the core; it was a race with several stages- Rappling, walking while following flags, Ziplining across the river, Monkey crawling across it again and finally a hunt for a scroll that contains the immunity message. There were 5 such scrolls and only one contained the immunity message.

Even though Rahul and Laveen almost beat each other up, in a complete shocker of an ending, the Roadies unanimously vote out Krishnesh. Ab bache sirf Shubhi, Rahul, Parul and "Mr. Comeback" Laveen