Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
woow great discussion thread but the ans seems to be unclear till now..
even i have the query how they look like.
but guys i want to tell u something if u guys have seen Mano ya Na Mano serial which use to come on  Star one
its first story was about one Brahmin who was great devotee of lord hanumana and he asked for boon from hanumanji that his sons should be like him (strong and intelligent) but when his son born he was exacty like monkey
infact among his four sons three sons are like this..
this is the biggest mystery i have seen in my life..
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
yes !!! that guy died who got the real darshan of HANUMANJI at HIMALAYAS (the guy was going to the AMARNATH YATRA ,he lost his way & reached a cave ,there he saw a monkey ,who was holding 4 books was sitting & an orange coloured dupaaata was wrapped around the monkey )

it is said that those 4 books were 4 vedas !!!!

& yes the real picture of HANUMAN JI is just great !!!!
rupalip thumbnail

Thanks for the discussion thread ...

Khal di the guy not died
but got salvation ...
 hehe
We heard more cases like this someone entered that
Ras-leela place  and got paralytic then died.
then  read somewhere
one person reached some mediation place of
 Rishis and died later ...

Behind this pic mystery of Hanumanji
Though I do  believe I am against this pic ...
but still
 DO you think  God can be captured in camera..

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: rupalip

Khal di the guy not died
but got salvation ...
 hehe
then  read somewhere

but still

Sometimes I also wonder if God can be captured on camera, but maybe Hanumanji wanted to remind the world and society (which is becoming more matieralistic each day and going further from God) that he is still there to resuce the good and punish the bad.
I guess we won't really know if that pic if the real Hanumanji or not, but it sure is a nice pic.😛

I never heard about the guy who got paralytic and died in the Raas Leela place. Can you tell the story?
Khalrika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rupalip

Khal di the guy not died
but got salvation ...
 hehe
then  read somewhere

but still

Rupali, what is the story about the Ras-leela palace? Please tell. 😃
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Okay, I have a question on Kesari (something that came to mind courtesy Same108).

In the Ramayan serial, it was almost shown like Kesari was a ruler, and Anjana was a queen, in the Bal Hanuman part of the serial.  But were they?  I thought that the founder and father of the vanar race was Riksh Raj, the parent(s) of Vali & Sugriv, and that he ruled the Vanaras, and when he came of age, he turned over the leadership of the vanaras to Vali.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCI45ZXdqUo[/YOUTUBE]
So does anyone know what timeframe Kesari was around, and whether Hanuman was born during the reign of Riksh Raj or Vali?  I understand that as his gurudakshina, Hanuman was asked by Surya-deva to serve Sugriv (I think it's inaccurate as depicted in the Ramayan to show that he stayed on in Ayodhya after Sugriv, Angad, Jambavan et al returned to Kushkindha - I don't recall anywhere in Valmiki that being stated.  In fact, Hanuman isn't mentioned at all, except when it comes time for the Mahaprayan).

Another question - why is Hanuman known as Pavan-putra,  unlike, say, Bhima, who was known as Pandu-putra?  Was it b'cos Kesari was a nobody?  Or was it b'cos their Pandava status was their basis of their claim to Hastinapur, whereas Hanuman wasn't to be the ruler of any kingdom?

P.S.  I haven't been watching this serial.
Khalrika thumbnail
Aha, seems like old times! Vrisha has given us more home work assignments as usual. 😆

Seriously, those r very good questions Chandra.

Now I am planning to read up on Hanuman's ancestry unless someone more knowledgeable beats me to it and saves my time.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe Superman Kal El can do this for us 😆😆😆
Vibhishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vrisha

Okay, I have a question on Kesari (something that came to mind courtesy Same108).

In the Ramayan serial, it was almost shown like Kesari was a ruler, and Anjana was a queen, in the Bal Hanuman part of the serial.  But were they?  I thought that the founder and father of the vanar race was Riksh Raj, the parent(s) of Vali & Sugriv, and that he ruled the Vanaras, and when he came of age, he turned over the leadership of the vanaras to Vali.

So does anyone know what timeframe Kesari was around, and whether Hanuman was born during the reign of Riksh Raj or Vali?  I understand that as his gurudakshina, Hanuman was asked by Surya-deva to serve Sugriv (I think it's inaccurate as depicted in the Ramayan to show that he stayed on in Ayodhya after Sugriv, Angad, Jambavan et al returned to Kushkindha - I don't recall anywhere in Valmiki that being stated.  In fact, Hanuman isn't mentioned at all, except when it comes time for the Mahaprayan).

Another question - why is Hanuman known as Pavan-putra,  unlike, say, Bhima, who was known as Pandu-putra?  Was it b'cos Kesari was a nobody?  Or was it b'cos their Pandava status was their basis of their claim to Hastinapur, whereas Hanuman wasn't to be the ruler of any kingdom?

P.S.  I haven't been watching this serial.

Its just like old times but don't forget me, friends, because I don't come here often 😉

I know that Hanuman's father Kesari was a king. It was a mountain or Hill - I forgot the name. In Jai Hanuman there was a conversation between Kesari and Hanuman where Kesari said that he has to take over the kingdom after him and Hanuman refuses saying that he is always Lord Ram's servant and not a king. Apart from that I have heard Hanuman being called as Kesari nandhan but not so much as Vaayu putr or Pavan putr. Besides, in Valmiki Ramayan I think it is mentioned that Kesari and his men were among the forces gathered to aid Ram in recovering Sita after the rains in response to Sugreev's call. His name was also mentioned in the Yudha Kanda - I am not sure where but I remember reading it.

I really don't know when Hanuman was born or whether he was older than Vaali - Sugreev or younger.

As to Hanuman being referred to Pavan putra - I don't know if I can answer this question properly because Pavan Dev's role in the birth of Hanuman has as many versions as there are of Ramayan. But I'll post what I have read so far - I don't know which versions are true. Please don't take offense - these are not my opinions but I am just posting what I have heard and read so far.

Some say that it was Pavan Dev who brought the divine aura of Lord Shiva left in Anjana's womb. She later gave birth to Hanuman. (Different variations of this same fact exist.)

Some say that Hanuman was born to Anjana and Pavan Dev and hence he is known that way.

Some say that Hanuman was bron the same time as Ram and his brothers - the time when Dasarath was performing the Putrakameshti Yaaga, Anjana was also praying for a son. A kite snatched a part of the contents of the vessel and flew away. Pavan Dev caught the divine paayasa or whatever it was and dropped it into Anjana's outstretched hands and she consumed it and conceived shortly. (I find it hard to believe this as I had always thought Hanuman was much older than Ram and his brothers.)

Apart from all this many of you may know the fact that Anjana was an apsara named Punjikasthala and due to a curse she had to be born in the Earth as a vanara. In 'Jai Hanuman', they showed as if Punjikasthala was Pavan Dev's love and that when she danced along with the other apsaras in the court, Pavan used to play the mridangam or tabla but these two had eyes for each other oblivious of everything else. One such day a sage noticing this cursed her (I don't know for what reason) to be born as a vanara.

Some versions say that Pavan Dev volunteered to be Hanuman's Godfather and he played a more important role in bringing up Hanuman and hence he is considered more important than Kesari.

Also, the Pandavas (the name Pandavas means sons of Pandu) were given the name Pandu Putr by Pandu himself. It was an act of accepting the sons born to Kunti and Madhri by the Devas as his own. (That does not mean anything like Hanuman was not accepted by Kesari. There were various other names for the Pandavas as well. Arjun was called Paarth - son of Pritha - Kunti's original name was Pritha. When she was adopted by the king Kuntibhoja, she was called Kunti. Karna was also called Radheya - sone of Radha, the mother who brought him up.)

My post may not make much sense but this is all I know.
Same108 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow! Thank you guys! People were asking me these questions all the time and I don't know full or right answer.