Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
There are 300 religions in the world — this is such an absurdity! If truth is one, how can there be three hundred religions?...I think these are only ideologies, dogmas, creeds...true religion has no name...There is no need to believe in any particuler one...but I believe in one supernatural power......but its true...There r believers in God so there are disbelievers in God. Whn the believers are gone, what is the need of disbelievers?😊
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I thought there were 300 Spartans. Variety is the spice of life though. One religion would be too conformist and boring.
coz humans love "clan mentality"

Simply because it provides people with a feeling of comfort and certainty, that there is someone out there - a supreme, supernatural, celestial power - that is watching over you, watching each and every step you make, and acting as a guide to you; that there is a life after this one, a life which you will gain, even after your physical body had been expired to nothingness. Maybe not all, however, many - even most - system of beliefs grew to answer people's question and deal with the unknown, especially people's fear of the dead.

Now, whether religions and system of beliefs really is advantageous to the society, culture, the nation and individuals is a matter of debate. While religions help a particular group to unite, it makes the entire humanity to divide. While a lot of individuals are comforted and 'blessed' with various religious dogmas and ideologies, many other individuals are repulsed, and, furthermore, oppressed in the name of 'Beliefs' (I can expand on that If anyone wishes...though, I highly doubt anyone would); just as many individuals are awaiting eagerly for next stage of consciousness (the afterlife), many individuals are revolted by the thought of an eternal torment, the fiery hell that would suck out your soul, and make you live like a leech in your Creator's presence (maybe this is what increased the irrational fear of death among human beings). While religions preach love, nonviolence and peace, it, too, cannot be denied that a lot of hatred, prejudice, bigotry and intolerance had stemmed from various systems of beliefs, or at least, it had given the hate-filled minds an opportunity to hide under its veils and project their hatred, using their Beliefs as a shield.

Whether it is religion that ought to be blamed, or twisted people's twisted interpretation of the religious texts and ideologies is another subject of debate. Personally, I'm willing to hold those individuals (who use religion for their own convenience, to subjugate another human being and then hide behind the religious veil to conceal their deeds) as responsible, than the actual religion itself. Religions, religious texts, and their ideologies are open to interpretations; how one wish to view and use it depends on the individual itself. Therefore, I'm more prone to blame/praise the individuals themselves than the religion[s].

Religions had brought a lot of peace and goodwill into the world. However, its negative impacts and influences cannot be forgotten either. Hope a day will come when religions wouldn't be the cause of anything evil, but rather would become equivalent to humanity.

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
We don't have enough belief in ourselves.
So no oppositions to what I said? Heck, DM is loosing its ground.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

So no oppositions to what I said? Heck, DM is loosing its ground.

You expect a refutation within three hours regarding a topic about which an average person does not give much thought too. Most people would more or less agree to some extent or another, but yet ought to oppose for the sake of opposing lest the entire forum lose its ground for lack of opposition. In essence there ought to be no concurrence or acceptance. 😛
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

You expect a refutation within three hours regarding a topic about which an average person does not give much thought too. Most people would more or less agree to some extent or another, but yet ought to oppose for the sake of opposing lest the entire forum lose its ground for lack of opposition. In essence there ought to be no concurrence or acceptance. 😛

Nice response RTH ur very much a person who enjoys debating and u have other positives too, what may they be u think well since i'm posting u like Asma 😆

edit to say sorry i know that's not related to topic will stick to rules i future 😃
Edited by baz786 - 14 years ago
Maybe that is the problem. The 'average people' are too busy getting on with their religious/cultural rituals - some rational, some not - and yet, not for a single instance do they think of why they are doing that, to whom that is being done, and for what reason. Maybe the lack of rational, logical thinking towards religious/metaphysical aspects is one of the many reasons behind religious intolerance amongst society, culture and individuals.

I am not asking anyone on refuting my point[s] just for the sake of it (on all ground, that would be purely worthless). It's quite strange that even a few months ago, we had actual, heated debates, whereas now, the forum is more focused on discussions (not that I enjoy discussions any less, but do feel at times a hot debate is necessary to warm up the atmosphere). Maybe it is the lack of controversial topics that used to be posted before, or maybe the active debaters here have been bored to death with debating over and over again.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: baz786

edit to say sorry i know that's not related to topic will stick to rules i future 😃

How is that against forum codes? And since when did we discuss things 'related' to the actual topic? At least from the time I have been active here, DM had been more or less like a chat club, with hot discussions lurking in between. And since when did DM folks become so rule-abiding in nature? 😆