This is confusing, is it Sagar's mistakes?

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Earlier when Jaimal was attacked by the Khilji's troops, the troops said they were Mahmud Khilji's army.

From doing research on Meerabai, Rana Sanga, Kunwar Bhoj Raj and Mahmud Khilji, these are their birth/death dates:

Meerabai: 1498 - 1547
Rana Sanga (Meera's sasur or father-in-law): 1484 - 1527
Prince Bhoj Raj: 14??–1521
Mahmud Khilji (these are the dates of his reign as Sultan of Malwa): 1436-1469

This makes Meerabai 14 years younger than her father-in-law.
In the olden days, the men had to be older than women when marrying, meaning Rana Sanga had to be married and had a child by the time he was 14 right? This is confusing, although Baal Vivah (child marriage) was normal then, I doubt that Rana Sanga and his wife Rani Kunwar Bar are sexually mature at 14.....

Another point to be noted is, Mahmud Khilji was succeeded by Ghiyas ud din Khilji, in 1469, so why would he have troops that would attack Jaimal in around the 1500s, 64 years after he came to being Sultan of Malwa, by which time he was probably dead, because he was succeeded and probably after his death, Ghiya ud Din Khilji came to power.....

Anybody else thinking the same? I think this is a big blooper by Sagar Arts and Colosceum...... they should state which sources they get their information from, like they did with Ramayan!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khalrika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sattvik

Earlier when Jaimal was attacked by the Khilji's troops, the troops said they were Mahmud Khilji's army.

From doing research on Meerabai, Rana Sanga, Kunwar Bhoj Raj and Mahmud Khilji, these are their birth/death dates:

Meerabai: 1498 - 1547
Rana Sanga (Meera's sasur or father-in-law): 1484 - 1527
Prince Bhoj Raj: 14??'1521
Mahmud Khilji (these are the dates of his reign as Sultan of Malwa): 1436-1469

This makes Meerabai 14 years younger than her father-in-law.
In the olden days, the men had to be older than women when marrying, meaning Rana Sanga had to be married and had a child by the time he was 14 right? This is confusing, although Baal Vivah (child marriage) was normal then, I doubt that Rana Sanga and his wife Rani Kunwar Bar are sexually mature at 14.....

Another point to be noted is, Mahmud Khilji was succeeded by Ghiyas ud din Khilji, in 1469, so why would he have troops that would attack Jaimal in around the 1500s, 64 years after he came to being Sultan of Malwa, by which time he was probably dead, because he was succeeded and probably after his death, Ghiya ud Din Khilji came to power.....

Anybody else thinking the same? I think this is a big blooper by Sagar Arts and Colosceum...... they should state which sources they get their information from, like they did with Ramayan!

Actually, this is a very good question. I was also wondering the same thing. Later in life there is a story that says Akbar disguised himself to hear Meera's singing. What was the time difference between the Khiji dynasty and the Mughal dynasty?
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Mughal empire was from 1526 to 1707

Khilji dynasty was from 1436 to 1531 but this was the Sultan of Malwa Khiljis, there was Khiljis who were Sultan of Delhi, from 1290 to 1320.

Abar was from 1556 to 1605, which isn't that far away from Meera. He was born in 1542, meaning he was 5 when Meerabai died, meaning that this is also another dating error....
Khalrika thumbnail

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mughal empire was from 1526 to 1707<br><br>Khilji dynasty was from 1436 to 1531 but this was the Sultan of Malwa Khiljis, there was Khiljis who were Sultan of Delhi, from 1290 to 1320.<br><br>Abar was from 1556 to 1605, which isn't that far away from Meera. He was born in 1542, meaning he was 5 when Meerabai died, meaning that this is also another dating error....<br></font>

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I got this Khilji confused with the Sultan of Delhi. I too wish Sagars will reveal their sources. Looks like there are some dating errors. Love the serial nevertheless.
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
ohhhhhhhhhhhh hoooooooooo too much confusion yaar
-madhvi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i guess i hv the poorest history here

_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Mughal empire was from 1526 to 1707

Khilji dynasty was from 1436 to 1531 but this was the Sultan of Malwa Khiljis, there was Khiljis who were Sultan of Delhi, from 1290 to 1320.

Abar was from 1556 to 1605, which isn't that far away from Meera. He was born in 1542, meaning he was 5 when Meerabai died, meaning that this is also another dating error....

i've also heard about it tht Akbar had called Mira to sing Krishna bhakti songs in his court because he

wanted to insult Maharana Pratap and show him tht a woman of his family is singing in his court

but how 4-5 year old Akbar can fight with 7 year old Maharana Pratap 😕

It is too confusing

aandhanika thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hehehe... confused!!!

By the way thanks..
Khalrika thumbnail
I am trying to find a timeline for Meera's life online. I haven't been successful yet. I will post it if I find one (to give a general idea; I know there are different versions about her life). If someone else on the forum is more successful then can u post it on the forum?
Varni4LiFe thumbnail
One cannot trust everything you read online
Edited by Varni4LiFe - 14 years ago