Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
i agree wid most of dem
i mean 150 charazters is relly 2 much
if only a person is OL in CC den u cant write such a long post dere..
i mean u jus can't
and yeah 150 charazters is 2 much!!
hello. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for this Vijay, and I'm glad that you guys dont simply answer to those who are full of flattering words...

I think its an awesome idea that the rule will be different with chat clubs...and 50 seems to be a reasonable number, though it could be a little lower.
Edited by moonlit.gold - 14 years ago
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Vijay IF rocks and it rocks because u listen to wat the members say be it in favour or against !!! 😊

50 chars. limit is a perfect idea and omitting chat club from it is a mind blowing idea !!! Keep rocking always !!

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: vijay

It is 150 characters not words.

Cheers,
Vijay

This is exactly what I was saying yesterday Vijay....πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: roxthefox

Oh come on, banning people for saying Thank You? It's a stupid idea to ban harmless people, when there are worse problems lurking on IF that should be taken care of. I mean, we have twisted and deranged people here bashing members and their families, and spending all their time stalking other members and tarnishing the environment with their vulgar, vile, and extremely disgusting comments, and we're worried about spammers and having them banned?

First take care of the shameless people who have the audacity to slander members and their parents, the stalking around IF, which has actually led to stalking around the internet. This is very dangerous and downright creepy, and the abuse of report button just because they are too faint hearted and sensitive to hear a word against a fictional show/character.

I think if people can't handle discussions, or any sort of negativity, because they live in some sort of psuedo, delusional world, then they shouldn't be on IF. There are many 'fanclubs' on facebook that they can join.

I dont' mean to offend the admins; IF has something great going for it, and it WAS great back in 2005, but unfortunately, it has devolved into a frathouse of sorts for the socially inept. Less than 90% of discussions that transpire here pretain to anything BUT thought provoking or substantial, and no point was this the purpose of IF.

Come on, we're all here to discuss, but that becomes difficult when we're being told how to post, what to post, and how much to post. There are many loopholes with this idea!

πŸ‘

EVERYONE, I DEMAND YOU TO READ THE POST ABOVE AND THEN RE-READ IT AGAIN!

Vijay, I appreciate you making an effort to communicate your scheme regarding the issue of spamming with the members and collecting their inputs. I view that you have altered the original plan and have forced yourself to re - evaluate your decision. OK, so we can safely that you have chosen to perhaps set this issue up and have prepared to undertake the other vital issues that float around IF. I am enthralled to know that success hasn't gotten to your head and you still envision to make your forum into a ground where substantial amounts of discussion can take place. By the way I am glad that folks that go around literally 'ROFL'ing' and 'LOL'ing' have not forced you to live in a delusional world where you tend to believe that this place that you built is delightful.

Now if you read the post posted by roxthefox, who goes by Soha, you will be at an advantage and end up gaining quite astounding results, I must say. The issues that she raises in her post, in my opinion, are far more heavy weighted compared to the issue of spamming. If in anyway you can eliminate the grave conflicts that have only been arisen due to the dim - witted elders/youngsters who have nothing better to do than spit out vengeance against the scholarly minded.

The issue here is not very simple and until the folks who attempt to carry on bright discussions are ceased by the dim witted folks by their dangerous methods of stalking on IF and outside of IF, this place shall never attain the success it rightly deserves.

My views are quite scattered on this issue, but Vijay, I request you to take out two minutes and read the post written by 'roxthefox.' It will only assist you in making sure that the few intelligent minds do not desert IF who day and night contribute rational material to your site.

To Everyone: Thank you for indeed providing thoughtful inputs to Vijay.

To dim wits - Thank you for again proving that you can do nothing better than add LOL's and ROFL's in hopes of getting into the good book of admins. What more can we except from you? πŸ˜†

To Vijay - I have faith in you and would hope that you tackle the other essential issues that are floating around which have almost infested this place.

In the end, this is my opinion. πŸ˜›
Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
Kiran. thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

One idea that we were pondering is how about putting this character limit of 100 characters for Newbies / Groupies as that is where the most spams are being generated as people are new, unaware of COC and they just want to cross to another group level. We know many of us might have done those "Thank You" but later became quite active poster on the forum. 😊 By this system we just want that we are able to reduce workload of the moderators team.

We can't really say that newbies/groupies tend to spam more becoz I've seen members who have thousands of posts and they still spam like crazy   Some people are just so crazy about the post count as if the post count is a gold medalπŸ˜•

.x.Shilky.x. thumbnail
This useful feature is very much needed.
N thankz for informing us...!
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
^ Roxthefox - I was going to do that but you did it .. But seriously people can just copy others and do these to increase post
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vijay Bhai,

thank u very much for trying to do the best for the forum and it members, believe most of us  don't know what we will do after hard working day at work and schools without this India-forum....for me I-F is a life saver and a get away from real world after working all day non stop but this Rules Rules is turning me off and is puting me off from haven any discussions because I always have it at the back of my mind that I may do or say something wrong...

believe me I am not trying to take anything away from the Mods/GMs,CMs and many other Dev Team, they are all doing mindblowing and fantastic's job and I give dem all a standing ovations for their Amazing performances as Dev Team....

BUT this new changes to fight Spam is seriously not needed if you ask me because I feel you guys are now trying to block ways for some of us who aint doing nothing wrong, there are so many other way to get to the people who are doing what you all don't want......and that way is by Tagging dem first tell dem to stop it and if they keep doing it then ban dem for good it's as simple as that sir.......

thank u very much sir.
Edited by _angel_ - 14 years ago
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i think ppl are actually goin to discuss less if you start putting a limit on how much they have to say. i agree iwth many here, this is not the biggest prob on IF we have alot of bashing going on which is being ignored