Revealed: Why Katrina & Lara are out of Partner 2

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Revealed: Why Katrina & Lara are out of Partner 2

Much is being written about Katrina Kaif being dropped from Partner sequel.

She had starred along side Salman Khan and Govinda in 2007's hit comedy directed by David Dhawan but as the same team is gearing up for the sequel her name is nowhere in the picture.

It is not just her but even Lara Dutta who played Salman's love interest doesn't star in the sequel too. Now we found out why.

It is learnt that both the actresses have been dropped because two new actresses shall be cast in their places to play Salman and Govinda's love interests.

The story of the sequel won't take the story of the original ahead. It will be a completely new set up. Our sources reveal to us that the makers feel that if they had cast Lara and Katrina again then the audience would have got a feeling of dj vu and wouldn't have excited them much.

The shoot for Partner 2 is scheduled for August

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=28957

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for the article

thanks
good , i like it when they change the actresses up.. =)
but aww i like Lara =(
punjabi_qt26 thumbnail

:0 ... Welll... /// I guess it is forr the better

rightt...
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
good for kat..now shez one of the top most actresses so why play a role parallel to lara's..
Mistyy thumbnail
they need an article , and "source" for this?? i thought it was a obvious thing to know😕
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i hope they cast priyanka opposite salman..
fizzles thumbnail
Katrina didn't have much to do in Partner and Lara was ok. The sequel might be a box office success, but I wish actresses stopped doing films which just have them as show-pieces. Didn't really like the film anyway. Took me bloody ages to get that "do you want a partner song," outta my head....and it did my head in
Thanks it makes more sense suppose..
lhcj21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think its unfair how they keep the same actors but not the actresses. The actresses have it so much harder in Bollywood.