Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: jagdu

Nishi,

Every one says "Ram naam satya hai." Which translates to the name Raam means truth. How much truth is there to Raam? The protagonists never explained.
Zee Tv, from which SunTv aped the serial "Ramayan" provides no explanaitons. The only reason Lord Vishnu took incarnation to becoming a mortal human being is: Ravana, the representation of all evil did not fear humans. He feared every thing else.
How did good destroy all the good that was in Lanka? Even Hema Malini, a true Iyengar brahmin, married a man who's already been married. The same can be said of Kamalahassan, another brahmin before he converted.
I have many more questions. The integrity of Lord Raama is in question. Can any one step up please?

Jagdu, I hate to be the one to say this, but I do not believe that if a man is a Brahmin, he is above reproach or perfect.  Each one of us has failings, some have bigger failings and some have smaller failings, that's all.  It is how we deal with these failings of ours that determines whether we improve ourselves as human beings or not.  The caste has nothing to do with it, and I personally feel that nobody can claim to be better than another just because of his birth into a certain caste, it has to do with his character, and even then, it is not for him to claim greatness, it is something that is bestowed on him by others after observing his character.  It is also pointed out that Lord Rama had his own failings, however, it is claimed by some that at that point, the avatar part was over and the human part had taken over.  I am not qualified to answer any questions because of my own limited knowledge, but this is what I feel about your question.
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think I have even strayed away from your question, Jagdu.  Blame that on my ignorance.
jai sri ram thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

Jags,

Ramayan is telecasted on NDTV Imgaine not Zee tv. About how much truth about Ram..I am not the right person but i guess cause of his morality and sacrifices๐Ÿค”

i dont think we can blame the religion for those actors dedicion of marrying someone who already was  married. About kamal, he was divorced before he remarried and converted...its peoples own personal desicion..i dont see the point of them being Brahmin here na....its the way you choose to live your own life๐Ÿ˜ณ

agree with u meli
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

wow..the hindi version is gonna end soon๐Ÿ˜ฒ How many episodes are the tamil version away from hindi???๐Ÿค”

jai sri ram thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

wow..the hindi version is gonna end soon๐Ÿ˜ฒ How many episodes are the tamil version away from hindi???๐Ÿค”

yes hindi there is only 1 week & in tamil we have more than 8 months !!
So be cool !!
Meena.IF thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

S'day I saw the episode of Ssamudra dev appearing before Rama.

Hanuman, with dual role (hanuman and mayavi in disguise) gave very good expressions.

I din't like the expressions by duplicate Seetha, as shown by Ravana. She could have been more expressive. Rama showed Anger very well.. But when he was praying the ocena, he could have been more rigid. Fingers were not straight. There was something about his posture that I didn't like.

I just posted comments about Ramayana that is being telecasted. Not about the epic.
I am not the right person to answer u Jagdu, as I take the good ones from the greate epic and try to follow it. I do not extensive knowledge to answer u.

Vibhishna thumbnail
I never knew there was a Tamil Ramayan section. I'm so glad I can continue discussing this show ๐Ÿ˜›

jai sri ram - You started this topic and you never told me ๐Ÿ˜ก
๐Ÿ˜ก
I love this new Ramayan. I used to watch it in Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil but I don't find time these days. I do not know all these languages but Ramayan is something beyond languages. I understood it no matter in what language I watched it.

In NDTV Imagine, the show is going to end soon.

In Malayalam and Telugu version telecast in Gemini TV and Surya TV the series is a few episodes behind the Hindi version.

In Sun TV, they have reached till the part where Ram starts building the bridge across the ocean. Still a long way to go . . .

In this Ramayan, I love the cast, music and settings. Everything is beautifully made.

In the Tamil version - hats off to the dubbing crew. Excellent dialogues ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Vibhishna thumbnail

Nishi,

Every one says "Ram naam satya hai." Which translates to the name Raam means truth. How much truth is there to Raam? The protagonists never explained.
Zee Tv, from which SunTv aped the serial "Ramayan" provides no explanaitons. The only reason Lord Vishnu took incarnation to becoming a mortal human being is: Ravana, the representation of all evil did not fear humans. He feared every thing else.
How did good destroy all the good that was in Lanka? Even Hema Malini, a true Iyengar brahmin, married a man who's already been married. The same can be said of Kamalahassan, another brahmin before he converted.
I have many more questions. The integrity of Lord Raama is in question. Can any one step up please?

I'll try ๐Ÿ˜Š

It was more because Ravana did not consider humans worthy to kill him. The only way to kill Ravana was to be a complete human and capable enough to kill him.

I'm not familiar with details of the persons you have mentioned.

But regarding Lanka - all the good was not destroyed.

I'll be glad to put down my views. I am not completely proficient in the Epics and Mythology but I can try with what I know.
jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
V,
That is a very satisying
Eljay meri maa, Sita went through a trial by fire. When she emerged from the fire, the godess laxmi retired and the human Sita came out succesfully to prove to Rama that she is pure.True? There is no question that Rama was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, laxmana of Aadisesha and Sita was Laxmi.
the livermore hindu temple published that Mandodari was faithful to Ravana and advised him against holding Seeta. And that Ravana got mad with Vibeeshana and anyone else who counseled him as such. But he did not show his anger to Mandodari, because he genuinely loved her. I was always under the impression that Mandodari was a rakshasi.

Vibhishna thumbnail

V,

That is a very satisying
Eljay meri maa, Sita went through a trial by fire. When she emerged from the fire, the godess laxmi retired and the human Sita came out succesfully to prove to Rama that she is pure.True? There is no question that Rama was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, laxmana of Aadisesha and Sita was Laxmi.
the livermore hindu temple published that Mandodari was faithful to Ravana and advised him against holding Seeta. And that Ravana got mad with Vibeeshana and anyone else who counseled him as such. But he did not show his anger to Mandodari, because he genuinely loved her. I was always under the impression that Mandodari was a rakshasi.

It all depends on which version of Ramayan you follow. I tend to follow Valmiki Ramayan as that was the first written and the other version have been written from this one or some other version which had come from Valmiki Ramayan. There are many versions of Ramayan and so many differences in each of them. No offence meant to any other version but I follow Valmiki Ramayan as it is the only one that gives me the least amount of doubts.

This is the first time I am hearing that Goddess Lakshmi retired after the Agni Pariksha. As far as I have read, Devi Sita was the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi and she lived on the Earth till her time was over and then went to Vaikuntha to wait for Ram to finish his incarnation and come back as Lord Vishnu.

Regarding Lakshman being the avtaar of Adisesha, again the different versions are different. In the Valmiki Ramayan, it is only mentioned that the four brothers were 4 parts of Lord Vishnu and nothing about Lakshman being the avtaar of Adisesha or Bharat and Shathrugan being avtaars of Panchajanya and Sudharshan.

Regarding holding Sita - again there are differences in different versions. In Valmiki Ramayan, Ravan snatches Sita away by force. In the Kambaramayan, he tears apart the Earth with the cottage and everything and flies to Lanka. Mandodari and Vibhishan did plead quite a lot with Ravan saying that it was not the right thing to do. But he discarded it all. Vibhishan got kicked out. Though Ravan was not as bad to Mandodari he did not heed her words as well. As for Mandodari, she was not completely a rakshasa - she was born to a Rakshasa father and Apsara mother.

Hope this helped ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago