Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: sneha0601

Such interesting debates out here while I was gone for a while hunn!!... Now I'll have to catch up on all of them at one go....

Oh I think Sarina, WA and all others said quite a few things about the characters of Edward and Bella that I'd have to agree with...

Plus, I don't really agree with TNF that being perfect for Edward symbolises that he is the best guy out there... Actually, I don't even think he's perfect... Analyse it on a more personal basis and you'll see the number of flaws he has... It's not a great body and unconditional love (if it is like Sarina stated in the first place) that make up the epitome of perfectness...

I don't like Bella, at all... I despise that one girl who would be like her in real life, and I sincerely hope there aren't... It is not her choices that irk me as much as her thoughts do... Fine, you can choose love over family, marriage over studies, immortality over dying... And whatever else that leads you to your love, but come on woman, be sure to actually LOVE that person in the first place... I wouldn't call her anti-feminist as much as I would love to call her one of the worst-set examples of womanhood... What irritates me beyond measure is the fact that she herself doesn't know whether she loves him or not... I mean she even says to Jacob somewhere that if Edward hadn't gone away, she would have left him and fallen in love with Jacob only!!... That's the girl who left everything for Edward??

In one word, I'd call her confused...

I don't like Edward either... I don't know exactly why, but bits and pieces of his character don't fit, they just seem too, lets say, unreal.... I don't mind fiction, but he's nowhere even near that!!... And if those that don't like him form part of the minority, please count me in... I like being different anyways!! ~ Kidding!!..😆

Jacob, that's one person, the only one actually that made me finish the series... Because he was there, I accepted to continue reading the series till Breaking Dawn... He's not gonna be there in Midnight Sun supposedly... Cool then, I am not gonna touch that one then!!... Jacob is undoutedly the best of the lot from that series... He makes the books readable, his feelings make us feel human, his thoughts symbolise that of a RATIONAL, normal person!!... He is actually someone who makes us realise how irritatingly untrue the other characters are... I don't believe you can either hate or love Edward, because actually when Jacob is near, you can't even see him!!....

I think one of you said it, and it is true, it's Robert that the girls love, not Edward at all... Because they never could love someone like Edward... It's so not happening... Now watch how Taylor is going half-naked in the newest trailers and the girls swooning for him suddenly!!...

Moreover, I don't believe, that if you don't like a book, you shouldn't read it... Nothing against you WA, don't worry!! Hehehehehe...😆 I really dislike Twilight as a book... But Jacob as a character enthralled me, and I feel if its worth reading, just for that character... Nonetheless, as Sarina said also, its not the book that's really a bad one, but I just hate the weakness in Meyer's characters, and the fact that she loves to repeat her vocabulary... That's all!!

Cheers,
Sneha

Wow, GREAT analysis Sneha! I agree with you about Jacob. I finished New Moon quicker than I did Twilight, because Jacob was there. Okay, I'm no where near obsessed about his character, but it's a good sketched out character when compared with the others. New Moon actually seemed like it could be interesting when Eddy was out of the picture, but the minute Bella left with the Cullens to "rescue" him, I knew the series was doomed.😆 So I didn't bother picking up a copu of Eclipse.
-Sneha thumbnail
Lalitha.... *hugs*

Thanks dear... Oh actually you know, eclipse has a lot more of Jacob than it has of Edward ask me... I mean it has a lot more of Edward and Bella together compared to New Moon, which is irritating to hell, but it has loads of Bella-Jacob together as well... What I really really liked reading in Eclipse, and I think those were one of the rare scenes I actually liked, are the fights between Jacob and Edward... Some of the dialogues out there are mind blowing... Or maybe I just find myself to like them because Bella is absent!!... Hehehehe...
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm wary of reading the next few books. But I will read a book, just so that I can keep making fun of it. A lot of people use the argument 'how can you say its bad if you never read it?'. I want that cop out to be EPIC FAIL. It can be amusing too.

Call me old fashioned but I hated Bella's attitude to her dad in Twilight. She is so distant, aloof and impersonal. She did not grow up with him around and he does lack communication skills. But you can clearly see that he cares about her a lot and is just eager to know his daughter better and get closer as a family, but she is just inconsiderate and absorbed in her own world.

Speaking of unconditional love? How about a father who welcomes his daughter into his house even though she is cold and hates the town. How about a father who always tries to strike conversation even though he is awkard at it because he loves his daughter and wants to be a bigger part of her life? How about a father who never gives up even though his daughter ignores him for her selfish obsessions? How about a father who welcomes his daughter back even after the way she left and the things she said?

I've been told that Bella gets better towards Charlie in later books. But for me someone treating their father the way Bella does is unacceptable. I am a romantic and get the whole thing of being lost in love, but there is such a thing as family too.

That could be just me , I am old fashioned in some ways.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Edward Cullen = creepy stalker
Bella = nut case of a woman to fall for him

Go to the Twilight forum, and say that. If you have the guts, go ahead.😉

(Mind it, the consequence[s] could be worse than what it is for blasphemy in crazy nations).😆
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Go to the Twilight forum, and say that. If you have the guts, go ahead.😉

(Mind it, the consequence[s] could be worse than what it is for blasphemy in crazy nations).😆

I actually plan to wear a shirt that says 'Edward Cullen Must Die' to the New Moon opening night. Then when someone says something I'll be like 'you dumb B**ch. Vampires are the dead. Whats so offensive?'
Its annoying

every time someone makes a comment here, i get  a  email notifying me to keep an eye on it...i tried to change it through setting but it still does that, i dont really have much interest in keeping my eye on this topic 😆

at the end of the day, Stephanie made millions and millions from this book, some would love edward and the book whilst others would detest it..personal opinion..i personally liked Edward, you have to read all four books to understand him.

Bella is annoying but edward isnt and to me is close to perfect, not cos of his body or his looks..more cos of his personality. Unlike bella he aint stupid and immature,

anyways i wanna stop this email notification i keep getting...its getting on my nerves.

continue on, happy discussion 😆

Xoxo

Xoxo

Originally posted by: the_Naked_face

Bella is annoying but edward isnt and to me is close to perfect, not cos of his body or his looks..more cos of his personality. Unlike bella he aint stupid and immature,

Yes. He is a cold calculative manipulative stalker wife beater who knows exactly how to enchant the ladies.

Yes. He is a cold calculative manipulative stalker wife beater who knows exactly how to enchant the ladies.

\

😆 😆 😆

your comments are cute like 😆

Yeah i want a cold calculative manipulative stalker wife beater kinda guy to be my baby 😆

Xoxo

Originally posted by: the_Naked_face

\

😆 😆 😆

your comments are cute like 😆

Yeah i want a cold calculative manipulative stalker wife beater kinda guy to be my baby 😆

Xoxo

I figured you must be a masochist. Some people enjoy being bashed. 😆

I actually plan to wear a shirt that says 'Edward Cullen Must Die' to the New Moon opening night. Then when someone says something I'll be like 'you dumb B**ch. Vampires are the dead. Whats so offensive?'

I am with you.

However, your point of view seems to have changed a lot. Remember how you defended Twilight when I attacked Meyer's incapability in writing?