Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rs 7 cr suit against Ravi Chopra for copying film

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Century Fox files Rs 7 cr suit against Ravi Chopra for copying film

Bollywood filmmakers, who have been merrily borrowing stories, screenplays and music from their Western counterparts may not find the going so easy now as Hollywood is now in no mood to let these culprits go scot free.

With Hollywood production houses making inroads into India, it has become that much easier for them to catch these copycats. The most recent victim of this seems to be Ravi Chopra's film Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai. The film, starring Govinda and Tabu, is based on My Cousin Vinny.

It was heard that Ravi Chopra had got the approval to remake the movie. But that does not seem to be the case now with 20th Century Fox filing a suit against Chopra, demanding Rs 7 crore for copying the film. According to reports, the filmmaker himself is shocked as he had reportedly said that Fox had given them the rights to remake the movie and he even has a letter to prove it. It seems that Fox managed to get their hands on the shooting draft of Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai and after seeing its similarities with My Cousin Vinny, decided to file a suit for copyright violation in the Mumbai High Court.

Earlier, the makers of the Salman Khan Govinda starrer Partner too are in trouble with Warner Bros, but the case in still with the courts.

Link : http://www.gossipbollywood.com/index.php#

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
lol
bolly cant b original
but i love bollywood
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: mrs.karan.kundr

lol

bolly cant b original
but i love bollywood

Thats why my dear they have to pay a heavy price for their theft !! Why cannot they write their own stories and make a film. Partner is in trouble also for stealing the story. Will Smith is suing them ! We have best story writers in bollywood. Some of the music directors are stealing other peoples compositions, Anu Malik, Rajesh Roshan are famous for this. No offend my friend but this has been happening for a long time in bollywood.