Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Sanjay Dutt remembers Feroz Khan

Sanjay Dutt shares his memories of Feroz Khan who passed away on Sunday night at Bangalore.

I was fortunate to meet Ferozbhai when I was a child. He had worked with mom in Raat Aur Din and with dad in Geeta Mera Naam.
I remember that he held dad and mom in great esteem and was very loving towards me.
He had approached me to act in Qurbani but at that time I couldn't do it because of other commitments. I regret missing out on that film till today.

I have watched all his films my favourites remain Qurbani and Apradh which was a romantic thriller. Ferozbhai changed the line of films with his unique brand of stylish filmmaking and made some breakthrough films for Indian cinema.

I think of him the original and only rock star of the film industry. He was suave, sophisticated, stylish and classy. Many people say he and I are similar rock star cowboys and although that is a huge compliment, I think he's incomparable…
I acted in Ferozbhai's home production Yaalgaar (1992) and thought of him as an elder brother. Many people feel that he was a strict director but he was just very passionate about his films. If we had suggestions he would listen them and was never autocratic that it had to be his way.
He withstood all our tantrums, and carried on with the shooting without once losing his temper. He was a lion of a man!
I have lost both my parents (Sunil and Nargis Dutt) so I know the pain of losing that Fardeen must be feeling today. I would have loved to go for Ferozbhai's funeral but I don't think I shall be able to.
I am in Lucknow and there are no normal flights from here to Bangalore. I have been trying to get a chartered flight but even those are unavailable because of the elections. But I shall definitely go soon. I know what Fardeen is going through and I want to be there for him.

Link : http://www.gossipbollywood.com/index.php