Meet || Wafa Kar Na Sakey (a oneshot)

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey. So I promised a tragic oneshot, especially to Shabz. I'm not so happy with how this turned out, but I finished it, and I have no desire to rewrite it anytime soon. It took me ages to get this written! πŸ˜† It's not great, but whatever. I'm posting it and getting it done with.

And I want honest opinions! (Okay?? Meera! πŸ˜†)

The title, if anyone really cares, is from the Shaan song 'Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na The'.

-||-

Meher rushed around the hall, instructing the workers on the decorations and making sure everything was perfect. She refused to allow herself to think and to feel, avoiding the two people who knew exactly what she was going through. Harman and Maya had both been trying to talk to her ever since the engagement had been finalised, but she had ignored them, pulled away from everything, scared that if she allowed herself to so much as think about it, she would break down. And then her secret, their secret, would be out. The traitorous voice in her head asked her if that would be a bad thing, as it did every time she dwelled too long on the wedding that was to take place today. She steeled herself. She could not allow anyone to see her in any state but one of happiness. Her cousin was getting married today; she should be dancing and singing and teasing her hone-wale Jiju. She would dance and sing and tease him, but her heart would be breaking throughout.

She spotted Harman making his way towards her, and tried to shy away, but Maya was on the other side. She sighed. They would not leave her alone. It was hard enough to deal with things as they were, why were they determined to make it harder?

"Meher,"
Maya began. "tum yeh sab kyun kar rahi ho?"

Meher tried to feign ignorance. "Matlab? Maya, meri behen ki shaadi hai! Main yeh sab nahi karungi to kaun karega?"

Harman folded his arms across his chest, not fooled in the least. Maya shook her head. They exchanged glances, knowing very well just how stubborn Meher could be when she wanted. If she did not want to talk about it, she would spin the topic so much and then slip away. "We're worried about you. You need to react in some way. Any way."

"React to what?"
Meher asked. She shrugged. "There is nothing to react to. This wedding is happening. Today. Nothing can change that."

Before either of the two could rebut her, Gayatri approached them. "Tum log abhi tayar nahi huye? Ja ke tayaar ho jaao!" She beamed. "Aaj mere bte ki shaadi hai, sab bohot hi khush hai," she did not see Harman scoff slightly, eyes on the blank face of Meher. "Jaldi se tayaar ho jaao."

"Ji Ma,"
Maya answered for all of them, a small smile on her face. The smile slipped away when Gayatri turned to Meher and told her to check on Preet once she was ready. Harman's face reflected her horror, and they finally saw the cracks in the carefully constructed mask Meher had created in the past month. She was shocked, and pale, and shaking. She looked at them in desperation.

"Ma, main jaata hoon,"
Harman tried, but Gayatri would hear nothing of it.

"Nahin, Meher Preet ki dost hai,"
they all grimaced slightly, and Meher looked down, hiding her face. "aur ladkiyon ko zyada pata hota hai ki ladke dikhte kaise." She left then, with another smile at the three of them. Maya looked helplessly at her friend, who was trying so hard to reconstruct her facade of indifference.

"Meher,"
Harman reached out to put his hand on her shoulder. She recoiled, looking at him hopelessly. He clenched his hand, bringing it down. He could kill his brother for this. For hurting this girl, who'd already suffered enough. Preet may be his brother, but Meher was his best friend, and his brother had given her false hopes and promises, and made her eyes shine with dreams, before yanking all of it oh-so cruelly out from under her. She was flailing, trying so hard to find a hold somewhere, anywhere, but she could not, because the only people who knew just how desperately she was holding in a breakdown were the two people who she was running from because they represented everything she wanted with Preet, but could now never have. Harman and Maya understood all of this, and did not feel rejected or hurt that their best friend was not turning to them in her time of need, but rather felt so powerless. All they wanted was for Meher to be happy. But it seemed that the fates were against them. They were bringing Meher in front of the man she loved more than anything in the world, to help him get ready for his wedding to her cousin.

~~~~~

Meher paused in front of the door, gathering her wits around her. She could not afford to falter, she would not allow herself to appear weak in front of that man. He'd built her castles in the air, with his enigmatic smiles and easy demeanour, and his words of love. And then he'd broken her heart by turning to her cousin and proposing. She did not know why, and she did not want to know. She would not give him the satisfaction of knowing that she still loved him. Despite all that he had done, despite the fact that she was dying day-by-day, minute-by-minute, second-by-second at the thought of him being with anyone else, at his impending marriage, he still held her heart.

She straightened her spine. She was stronger than this, she thought to herself, and knocked. Hearing his voice, cool and collected as always, call for her to go in, she almost lost her nerve and turned to flee. Her eyes flashed as she chastised herself for her cowardliness. She stepped into his room easily, not bothering to close the door behind her. He froze as he spotted her in the mirror. Even through the mirror, his eyes captivated her. Neither could tear their gaze away. It was only fear that Preet would see that he still had power over her, and the anger she directed at herself for allowing him to have this hold over her that broke the spell, and she looked away.

"Tum tayar toh ho," she picked up his stole from the bed and handed it to him. As he took it from her, his hands brushing hers lightly, she had to fight hard to keep from showing the effect he had on her. "Come down in 10 minutes."

Preet grabbed her hand as she turned to leave. She tried to wriggle out of his grasp, not bothering to even look at him. His grip on her tightened, and she spun around, glaring at him. Yanking her wrist out of his hand, she flared up. "Just what the hell do you think you are doing, Mr Preet Juneja?"

"Meher,"
he tried to take a step towards her.

All her hurt and pain was now coming forth as anger. "You are getting married in less than an hour, don't you have any shame?"

"Meher,"
Preet attempted again.

"Naam mat le mera," she snapped. "Don't talk to me, and don't you dare touch me."

She could feel the tears gathering at her eyes. She had to get out of here. She would not cry in front of him. She walked away, and in a last act of desperation Preet called out to her. To his surprise (and hers) she stopped at the doorway.

"I wanted it to be you,"
the raw pain in his voice told her that he was not lying. "But when Bauji told me to marry Ash, I couldn't say no, Meher. I couldn't."

"So you broke my heart?"
She laughed bitterly. "After all, I'm used to being rejected no?"

"I didn't mean to."
Even Preet could feel the hollowness in his words.

"Empty words Preet. The fact is that you did. And you knew what you were doing. So do not make excuses for your actions."

"I still love you,"
he told her. "You were the one." Meher felt like screaming. He had absolutely no right to say this to her. Not now, not ever.

"I hope you and Ash are happy together."

Shooting one last look at Preet, she walked out of the room.

-||-

Let me know what you think (honestly).

Love,
Radz

Edited by Anhdara13 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourpuss thumbnail
Reserving this till I feel like commenting. πŸ˜›

Love,
Bhav (:

Guess what! CrazyBoss is letting me go with my parents to JB on Sunday! Whoo!

Anyway, I finally feel like commenting. Aren't you glad?

I liked the concept of this, how it's Preet getting married to Ash instead of Meher getting married to Harman. (*silently curses self for not thinking of this sooner*) It was sad how there's always this helplessness though that the other person can't quite see.

I do like how Meher decided to immerse herself entirely into the wedding preparations and not give herself any time to think, because she knew that if she gave herself time to think she'd give in to her emotions. Oooh it'd be interesting to see how Meher would react after she left the room. Would she break down and cry? Oooh or would she feel more liberated and at peace? There's an idea you can consider if you're thinking of doing a second part to it.

Okay Whose Line is seriously waaaay too distracting now...

Love,
Bhav :D
Edited by sourpuss - 15 years ago
urworstnitemare thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
reserved..2nd the best!! *yay!!!

unreserved**

woah!! a tear jerker!!! great job!! and i'm erhmm sorry for taking so long..i had trouble finding this ..don't ask why i just didn't use that search engine there..(totally forgot about it yicks!)

Anyways, back to your one-shot..i loved how you showed Maya, Harman and Meher's relationship, u managed to describe both their points of view as well as Meher's! briliiantly written!!!

And Meher *sniff! so proud of her!!! She was so strong! Especially at the ending when she blutenly told mr. preet that his words were worthless Go Meher!!! yay!πŸ˜ƒ 

Anyways, I shall zip it!! and sorry it took so long again!!! 😭 Byes!!!
Edited by urworstnitemare - 15 years ago
sourpuss thumbnail
Yo.

I edited my comment.

-b
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow loved it
Poor Meher
Great to see a nice Harman and Maya for once
Loved the way you wrote, specially the line : He'd built her castles in the air, with his enigmatic smiles and easy demeanour, and his words of love."
And btw I love that song "Hum bewafa" its so touching, whenever they played it in KS it made my eyes teary
But no...it was too sad...please continue and make it a happy ending...
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
mine!

*unreserved*

We have one brain Radzie!! πŸ˜ƒ I was thinking of doing a Meet one kinda like this, I still will...but not as amazing as yours! (no, I'm not trying to put myself down, I'm just explaining what I thought about yours!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜³)

The simplicity with Meher feeling so hurt was just so clear. How Harman and Maya were there for her though? I loved that! πŸ˜› Wish they were all nice on the show too!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

The ending had me though, it was beautiful the way Preet stopped her and told her what happened, so sad! πŸ˜”

Those were my totally honest opinions!πŸ˜‰

Love you loads,

Meera😳
Edited by indiandoll89 - 15 years ago
blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
bhangda!!! =)

Uh oh!!! Another tragedy, you guys are hell bent on making me cry!!!!!!! πŸ˜­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Wow, Maya in a POSITIVE role!!!!! That's a first!!!!! πŸ˜†

Oh god, i could feel Meher's pain!!! 😭 She is so heartbroken!!!!!!! They say ignorance is bliss, obviously that isn't working for Meher here!!!!!

Oh god!!! G-mom had to send Meher of ALL the people!!!!! That is evil!!!!! 😭 Oh no, Meet are both stuck and their is nothing they can do about it!!!!!

You captured the emotions really well!! Meher's pain, frustration, anger, those feelings of betrayal!!!! πŸ‘ And Preet's helplessness really came across very well!!!! Fantastic job Radz!!!!

That was awesome, keep it up and please write more!!!!!
Edited by blackdaughter - 15 years ago
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Aradhana
i love this song so i had to read it, my only problem with this is that why did harman get the role of such a nice guy when he is the one who did this to meher in the show, just dont like harman ..... 😑 why should he be in a good light when preet is the bad guy
but i enjoyed the overall concept even though it was sad, it was nice

fatima
wow. I read that and was like "There is NO way, humanly possible that I can write something that good." Don't argue with that, you are so good at this tragic thing, I am so glad I got you hooked to it! Literally, I have no words to describe it, I didn't tear up or anything, but my stomach was so uneasy and the pain was just so RAW! *shudders*

Still hating on Harman, would hate Preet too but that's not possiable. So I shall settle for hating Ash. πŸ˜† But I would have thought Preet would have had the guts to stand up for his love....it would be Prem who would have not....

The depticion of Meher's character was 100 percent perfect!

--shabz
flowers4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
for me to sad very tragic poor meher atleast 1 positive thing maya an harman gud hard to imagine