Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soulink thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
@_LalithaJanaki....Thanks!..glad to hear that you are also in favour of the right decision....

Valid point raised. 😊 BTW just how many of the married couples in our country are mature, ready- financially & emotionally to take on the responsibilities of parenthood in the first place. 😉 😆Good question! ......well this applies to any other country as well (if you are referring to India only), then I guess the married couples will have to learn to assume their responsibilities through first hand experience....not much of a choice but they will ultimately learn the basic skills of parenthood naturally as all parents do.....and as for being financially able, it will all depend on other factors such as the couples's sense of wisdom and the foresight to think ahead in the future....afterall money alone can't be the decisive or important factor......you may not possess it now but you may have acquired that in the later stage of life....or as a responsible parent, it's your duty to see that you provide the basic needs for your child and family....that's my POV!😉

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

I already wrote in my previous posts that abortion in the case of rape is justified.

i understand that in your previous posts you have said that the case of rape is justified however you said in your second latest post "how is aborting a baby not immoral? it is taking the life of another individual, which no one a right to do. if a human being is killed by another human being, people call it immoral and they are punished, but doesn't apply for abortion. someone is still taking the life of another individual." then you are creating a double standard because even though the child of the rape case is also another individual, another life and also an innocent soul. and immorality and morality depend on each individual. what is good for you might not be good for other and what is good for others might not be good for you. what is not good for you might be good for others and what is not good for others might be good for you.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

For me, abortion is immoral. period. But I said it's justified in the case of a rape victim, because the rape victim has no power over what happened to her. Her life changes in a way she never wanted it to.

It's like murder. Murder is an extremely immoral act, but in the case of self-defense, it is justified.  Abortion too is like that. It is immoral except in certain circumstances.

And about how you said some people don't consider abortion as immoral. Well, some people don't consider murder as immoral either. Does that make it right? It's not about what people consider, but the fact that whatever you say to convince yourself, you are still taking the life of an individual, and if someone feels comfortable doing that, then obviously they will not consider it immoral.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Actually its not only a rape victim 's case which shud giv rise to such doubts of morality ! What about kids with genetic disorder ! Can aborting them B justified ? What about aborting for medical reasons too ? Is it not a case of choosing ones own life over another ? So is that moral or immoral. What about contraceptive failure ? The couple intended to prevent pregnancy but due to C F , baby is conceived though the parents never intended the conception. So abortion justified or not ?
Every case can B debated 😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: angie.4u

Actually its not only a rape victim 's case which shud giv rise to such doubts of morality ! What about kids with genetic disorder ! Can aborting them B justified ? That's a hard decision to make, but I feel that every kid should be given a chance to live life. After all, today's world has high technology and is very medically advanced. There are treatments for lots of genetic disorders, so I don't think abortion is right in the case of genetic disorders either. There is a very good chance that the genetic disorder the child has could be cured, and if not in the present day, sometime in the future. What about aborting for medical reasons too ? Is it not a case of choosing ones own life over another ? If you mean that if the mother's life is threatened, I also previously said that it is justified in that case also. It would be very hard for the father to bring up the child himself, and also, the pain of losing his wife would come in the way of giving his child a good upbringing. So is that moral or immoral. What about contraceptive failure ? The couple intended to prevent pregnancy but due to C F , baby is conceived though the parents never intended the conception. So abortion justified or not ? In all cases of contraceptive failure, I am strongly against abortion. Yes, the couple never meant to conceive, but it is not right to take the life of another being simply because pregnancy was 'not meant to happen'. Something people need to keep in mind is that no contraceptive is 100% dependable. There will always be that small chance that the woman may get pregnant. A small chance, yes, but a chance nonetheless, and so the couple has to keep in mind that the woman may get pregnant, and if they still go along with it and the woman gets pregnant, they should either keep the child or give it up for adoption. That's the responsible thing to do. Abortion should not be an option in this case. 

Every case can B debated 😊Sure it can; and that's what this thread is for.😊

nuomi.riceball thumbnail

@lalitha janaki. you said that some people consider that murder are not immoral. can you give example of sane people who consider murder that are not immoral and not the murderer themselves. and also not the killing in case of war.

Edited by rongna - 15 years ago

Originally posted by: angie.4u

Actually its not only a rape victim 's case which shud giv rise to such doubts of morality ! What about kids with genetic disorder ! Can aborting them B justified ? What about aborting for medical reasons too ? Is it not a case of choosing ones own life over another ? So is that moral or immoral. What about contraceptive failure ? The couple intended to prevent pregnancy but due to C F , baby is conceived though the parents never intended the conception. So abortion justified or not ?

Every case can B debated 😊

great points!!!!! 👏  i think its all depends under wht circumstances and mutual understanding. morla immoral are all invalid.
i agree to most part. except that if a child is having severe genetic disorder to the extent that it will make their life miserable. then certainly  they should go for abortion.  and good point abt contraceptive failure. both should know that thye are not 100% dependable and be mentally prepared in case things go wrong before getting into such a relation.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
well even though i don't like the idea of abortion with the exception of the mother's health condition and in the rape of cases, i do believe that abortion should be permissible by the government. the government should not ban the abortion clinics and the acts of abortion. those people, especially most of the youngsters who engaged in sexual relationship before marriage would not want to keep their child and would want to abort it instead of giving birth to their babies and keep them or give them up for adoption. these people will seek out the traditional physician or other methods for terminating their pregnancy in case the abortion clinic is made illegal, or they will go to illegal abortion clinics which operate on secretely. it is better for them to terminate their pregnancy if they want to in abortion clinic rather than alternative pregnancy termination ways. however, it is better for them not to engage in any kind of sexual relationships before marriage, or if they cannot stand it to use protections such as condoms and pills and other means to prevent pregnancy.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

Originally posted by: rongna

@lalitha janaki. you said that some people consider that murder are not immoral. can you give example of sane people who consider murder that are not immoral and not the murderer themselves. and also not the killing in case of war.

i do believe that the murderer are not normal or sane