Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
married or unmarried, how does that matter? If married it wud B bwtter to take the husband into confidence but suppose he denies permission in case of threat to mothers life then who should be taking  the final decision?
Its a womans body that is being affected for better or worse. Its her life that will B affected by any decision so let her decide. If the child is unwanted will anyone else volunteer to look after him or if child is having some grave disorder will anyone else who R voicing against abortion volunteer to look after the child? If not then let the woman decide as its her life as well as her body ! The foetus does not have an independent existence yet so cannot B looked upon as a living entity .

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Sure if he carries it in his belly, quits his party nights out, quits his killer vices, sure he can keep it.

How is it the man's fault that he was created (or evolved) in such a way that he is incapable of carrying a child within him just as a woman can?  If a woman had consensually, willfully and in full consciousness had sex with a man, and gets pregnant, then she will be responsible for it, just as the man will be equally responsible for it, too. If the woman didn't want to get pregnant, then she should have taken proper measure, or be a bit more careful with her sexual habits to begin with. Sure the man is equally responsible for the consequence of his action.

However, I do agree that at the end it is a woman's choice and it should be left to her to decide. The man, the family members and the society must have a say, but at the end it should be the woman's choice. I might not agree with her choice, but I cannot and will not stop her from doing whatever she wants to, wither. As much as I detest abortion, I think banning abortion, or forcing someone to not have an abortion will make the circumstance even worse; I don't think anyone can stop a woman from aborting her child if the woman wants to do it herself. I do believe in the Wiccan law - every person faces the consequences of his/her action in this very lifetime.

It is sad, no matter how one looks at it.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 15 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I dont think any woman feels happy about aborting . Its after much deliberation that she wud take this decision.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
i think it goes back again to the individual. i personally think that abortion is not good and should not be done unless it is necessary to be done. but everybody has different opinion regarding this and therefore we should respect each individual opinion and should not judge them for thinking in such a way.

Originally posted by: NaughtySon

My opinion is that the choice to abort or not an embryo must be left to the mother.

...And what about the choice, right and will of that unborn child? Does he/she not have the right to stay alive, to see the world and humanity? Or is it that simply because he/she cannot communicate with us the way an 'already-born' child can, he/she would be termed as a lesser mortal?
I understand your notion about the choice being left to the mother, owing to the fact that it is her life, her body, her soul; however, we should not forget that there is another life, another body, another soul, and another consciousness residing inside her, hence the fetus should be given the equal right of a born person.

Originally posted by: rongna

does that mean that you disagree with aborting pregnancy if you the child is defect or something???

Personally, I'm on a fence for supporting abortion in rape case scenario[s] and genetic dysfunction[s] (fatal risk to the mother's health being the only place where I do not mind, even at the least, for supporting abortion). Since you are talking of genetic dysfunction (that's what I got from your post; "defect or something???" ), I will speak of that here.
I can understand that it is excruciatingly difficult for both the mother to give birth to a defected child, just as it will be for the child to be born as a defected one (I can already sense the number of time the child will accuse his mother of not aborting), but I believe the world needs diversity to grow, and move on. Every person may bring something new with him (regardless of the level of intelligence of the person), that the human race may benefit from, hence eliminating a life may also eliminate a new source of idea. I'm not quite sure about the rate of abortion per year, but whatever it is, (correct me if I'm being wrong), it isn't a really small number, especially countries where premarital sex and abortions had been legalized, it may have devastating consequence on the society. The millions of child who may have provided something new to the society is being eliminated before they can even face the earth, see it for once. Besides, there is not guarantee that the child will always remain the way he is being born; with the advent of science and technology, it is very much possible that the 'defected' child may be cured from it.
Hey, imagine a mother aborting her child on the thought of the 'defect' he would be born with, but after decades, that very mother may witness the invention of a technology that would 'cure' that very disease (for which the mother didn't dare letting her child face this earth). Imagine how she would feel then. 🤔

Labib
_Angie_ thumbnail
looking at it from an emotional angle I have to agree with U . But practically spreaking a few potential lives lost due to abortion wouldnt create any noticeable loss in most countries that R overpopulated. But it would be significant in countries facing zero population growth rate. As for the woman regretting her decision after say 20-50 yrs when newer tech develops, I very much doubt it . By that times she wud have got over that loss, unless she is unable to conceive later
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

Originally posted by: jimchu65

I don't like abortion because "Sex" was given to us by God as a gift but only to those who are "Married". The problem with our world today is that they have taken for granted the gift of God. You can see anyone doing "IT" even if they are not married. This is the reason why people opt to do abortion! Also abortion is like killing a person!

For these reasons, I hate abortion!

there are also married couples who are not ready yet to have children and thus abort the pregnancy. there are many other reasons as to why a person will undergo abortion not just because of premarital sex.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rongna

does that mean that you disagree with aborting pregnancy if you the child is defect or something???

Yes, I do.
Posted: 14 years ago
Dunno how to post videos from youtube, so I will just post the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2l1-kvKomg

Saw it, thought of sharing. 😛