Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

and what aboout the diseases caused due to these contraceptives? or say excessive use of them?

Didn't know that contraceptives causes diseases. Now am curious to know what disease. 🤔

Originally posted by: souro

Didn't know that contraceptives causes diseases. Now am curious to know what disease. 🤔

I think she meant side effects😆  I know copper T  sometimes causes heavy menstrual bleeding and pills have side effects too in some women.  Even I was lost on the "diseases" part of Sandhya's post. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Well, where you are coming from - they stay parasites even after coming out of the womb too.  Don't they claim most of their parents' resources and time once they are out?  Hence, going by your rationale, even infants or toddlers or pre-schoolers or elementary schoolers don't have any rights.

Mind that, I am not the one who'd call an embryo a parasite.  Neither would people who go for planned pregnancies or who are excited about the baby on the way.  Sab nazar nazar ka sawaal hai.  If it doesn't fit into certain people's plans, they would be glad to call'em parasites just to justify the immoral act commited by them - that is, nipping a life in the bud.

I am using the term parasite in pure biological sense.

When an embryo is in the womb it is completely unable to sustain life on its own. It extracts its nutrients from the mother. Nothing spectacularly different than a tapeworm that would attach itself to the intestine. The only difference being that its not a tapeworm, it is a human embryo. While it has no apparent value on its own, we attach value to conception and to a grown human, assigning it some form of value or life.

An infant would by a semi-parasitic being. It also depends on the mother for nourishment, but can perform essential respiratory and life functions on its owns. Cognitively it still has a long way to go to reach full human ability. There was a time when infants that were financially burdensome, weak or constantly sick would be killed. The thought appalls us now as society attaches greater value to human potential than such selective rearing.

A toddler however is not parasitic. It has reached a point where it can sustain its own life. It has cognitive abilities. At this point it has the ability to command the full rights. 

Of course its a matter of perception. Whether planned or unplanned a person who attaches value to the embryo has automatically transformed that embryo to something precious and they will make their choices based on how they perceive it. Some will keep it, some will choose to adopt it out and some still will go ahead with abortion due to other societal concerns.

I don't think the parasite analogy is merely a justification for immoral acts. Its merely a purely biological (and colder) way of looking at an embryo for what it is,

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am using the term parasite in pure biological sense.

Going by pure biological sense, humans should be no different than any other animal out there as far as basic organs and their functions are concerned.  Debate over abortions has a much more social undertone than purely biological.  At least for me it does.  Hence, I am averse to taking generalizations to this extent.

When an embryo is in the womb it is completely unable to sustain life on its own. It extracts its nutrients from the mother. Nothing spectacularly different than a tapeworm that would attach itself to the intestine. The only difference being that its not a tapeworm, it is a human embryo. While it has no apparent value on its own, we attach value to conception and to a grown human, assigning it some form of value or life.

A tapeworm does not get created the way an embryo gets created.  There lies the major difference.  It's not like people are getting pregnant due to a pandemic.  You can't keep on comparing a pregnancy to an illness.  Period.

An infant would by a semi-parasitic being. It also depends on the mother for nourishment, but can perform essential respiratory and life functions on its owns. Cognitively it still has a long way to go to reach full human ability. There was a time when infants that were financially burdensome, weak or constantly sick would be killed. The thought appalls us now as society attaches greater value to human potential than such selective rearing.

A toddler however is not parasitic. It has reached a point where it can sustain its own life. It has cognitive abilities. At this point it has the ability to command the full rights. 

A toddler can sustain it's own life....w/o any adult supervision or assistance?  Like I said, if you are basing right to live purely on breathing and excreting then you also need to consider the fact that this is precisely where the embryo is heading for even if you want to keep this detached extremely generalized biological tid bit as your defense.  What right does one have to kill a being that will be a full fledged human being in a matter of some months?

Of course its a matter of perception. Whether planned or unplanned a person who attaches value to the embryo has automatically transformed that embryo to something precious and they will make their choices based on how they perceive it. Some will keep it, some will choose to adopt it out and some still will go ahead with abortion due to other societal concerns.

I don't think the parasite analogy is merely a justification for immoral acts. Its merely a purely biological (and colder) way of looking at an embryo for what it is,

For you - may be.  But there are many out there who would not mind taking this path just to get rid of the responsibility resulting from their irresponsibility.

No matter what you resort to calling an embryo, fact remains it is not an illness, it is not a pandemic, it is not something that happened on its own.   Lets get comfortable with this basic premise before supporting or not supporting frivolous abortions.
RTH, who's this dude in your av?  He is masculine but still looks so gay!
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

RTH, who's this dude in your av?  He is masculine but still looks so gay!

🤣..greatttt..sorry RTH u know gauri's comment made me..🤣

Originally posted by: sonur15

I just noticed RTH has that dude's name and occupation listed for aankh key andhey naam nainsukhs like moi😆  War or peace, that Ares still looks gay😆
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: sonur15

It says in the AV who it is.

But back to the topic....humans are not a pandemic?😕
I thought we were the next black plague. 😛
Wow, so much discussion had happned while I was busy studying ... Hmmm will come back with my replies. Btw, I agree with Gauri, here.

You'll ned to elaborate on what diseases you are talking about here. 

BTW, would you rather people avoid contraceptives and then go for abortions?  Abortions can also have side effects on the physical and emotional health of the woman opting for them.

Not all contraceptives have harmful side effects.  I was referring to those contraceptives that actually help protect against both STDs and unwanted pregnancies. 

As far as excessive use is concerned - it's personal choice where after effects are borne by the person making that choice.  With abortions - embryos or foetuses are not given any choice even when they are not at fault.

i am talking about cervical cancer. i dont have too much medical knowledge but heard a debate on NDTV at the time of jade goody leaving BB.  intaking of too much emergency contraceptive pills and also abortions cause cancer and other diseases also.