Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
well said, Rani.. wow, brilliant dissection, i must say.. 👏  
i completely agree with you.. although, i don't agree with the part about Amir Khan.. lol.. because i certainly couldn't relate to Ghajini.. 😉😆  although, i loved RNBDJ.. it's strange, though.. i thouhgt most people loved Ghajini, but it was way too violent for me, i must admit.. although, i love the love story.. that was something.. 😍
MrsMahyavanshi thumbnail
Thank you ji...I am glad you liked it. Yaar with media it might be that you cannot relate to the OVERALL story. Lekin harr kahaani main shayad koi zarray jitni baat ho jo dil kay aar paar ho jaaye, usse bhi "relate" karna kehte hain.

What related to me about Ghajini was the fact that a girl fell in love with a guy, dreamt a WHOLE Life with him, in effect gave her life up....lekin phir bhi she died without knowing his whole truth. As humans, we do not know the reality of ourselves...there are huge aspects to us which we cannot understand, and to understand OTHER people is a bigger challenge. We shall die and move on without knowing so much about the people which have played a huge part in our life. Thats what I related to in Ghajini.

There is a similar concept in Bandini also, from my interpretation of not knowing...DM is unaware of his limitations when it comes to Santu. As many have pointed out before, he is the justice system of Dharampur, but he has married a girl who is far from getting her rights. Santu does not know her own feelings or the severity of her relationship to DM. He is still Malik for her, although she is moving forward in small ways...Hiten and DM have much to discuss and discover about their relationship.

The fact of not knowing enough is just embedded in our souls, sometimes I believe. Mera lecture kuch lamba hi hogaya :p
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
good analysis..!!

but i still find a sweet love story better.. LOL.. and the way it fits perfectly on Bandini.. you just have to switch the roles of the two protagonists.. thrown into a situation both can not avoid and to discover it together.. working on their differences, i find that a lot of us can relate to it.. even if we know someone from before, there is so much you find out after marriage.. marriage can change a lot of perceptions.. so i find that very sweet.. i guess me being a married gal, i relate more to it... lol..
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MrsMahyavanshi

There is a similar concept in Bandini also, from my interpretation of not knowing...DM is unaware of his limitations when it comes to Santu. As many have pointed out before, he is the justice system of Dharampur, but he has married a girl who is far from getting her rights. Santu does not know her own feelings or the severity of her relationship to DM. He is still Malik for her, although she is moving forward in small ways...Hiten and DM have much to discuss and discover about their relationship.

The fact of not knowing enough is just embedded in our souls, sometimes I believe. Mera lecture kuch lamba hi hogaya :p

Rani,

You put it across so beautifully .. that's the whole point I love the make about the show - the fact that DM does not realize how much he's depriving Santo of .. it's like her entire life has changed .. what he thinks is that she has got a status upgrade and should be pretty happy with it ..

But what he DOES NOT realize is the fact that he hardly ever acknowledges her position in his family, which - another thing he does not accept - is also her family!
ronitfan thumbnail
I guess we need this as a sticky too !

heheehe
MrsMahyavanshi thumbnail
Much of drama is so limited to the perception of the audience, aik adakaar kay onscreen ruvayyah na jaanay kitnay mukhtalif tareeqon se samjhaa jaa sakta hai...

...even in the deprivation of Santu, and despite the immense sadness of things that go on with her, she is so content with DM. And neither do I think DM hates her guts, he just does not acknowledge him as a wife, thats just the bare bones that I have described, ignoring all the other interactions that go in it.
ronitfan thumbnail
Yup ..

That's just the upper crust of their relation - the fact that DM has no issues with Santo the person and the fact that Santo is more than happy about how her husband is turning out to be ... well not much about their relationship I am sure ..

There are loads of undercurrents in their relationship .. but I am yet to figure out whether DM finds Santo physically attractive or not .. coz the Holi scene just boggles my mind!

LOL
MrsMahyavanshi thumbnail
^Physically attractive mein I am sure the eldest daughter can use some makeup shakeup. Imaan se, makeup to iss qadar naksha badal deta hai khavateen ka, ka apnay hi husband poochta hai "Array behen, meri bv thi yahaan pe"..

ronitfan thumbnail
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good one ..

I saw some pics on the official Bandini gallery on ndtvimagine.com and it has some pics of the later stage of the show with Santo dressed up as the malkin .. I guess those times are going to be a LOT of fun .. cant wait to see Malik and MALKIN !

hahahaaa and not Malik and CHOKRI .. lol
gurmeetisgod thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Namaste Mrunal

I am British so we get you as Krishna and Hiten at the same time here.

Can I just say that your acting on the mahabharat on 9X was excellent and I have been a fan of you since then,, and a rather dashing Krishna and it suits you as well.  EK chose well.

On the Bandini role, superb actor and when you seen the anger and emotion of you when angry, I want to hide behind the couch.  Top acting Mrunalji. 👏

All the best and best wishes 🤗

J xx