Posted: 15 years ago
BollywoodRegional StarslInternational StarslTV lPhotogallerylMovie ReviewslPotpourrilIndiatimes MovieslCrosswordlCartoonslGaming
I am open to acting in films: Bhagyashree
4 Mar 2009, 0008 hrs IST, RACHNA BHUTORIA , TNN
Print       Email       Discuss      Share      Save      Comment     Text:
Says Bhagyashree Dassani in conversation

Bhagyashree Dassani
with TOI.

As an actress Bhagyashree brought a charm and simplicity to the screen that reminded audiences of the yesteryear actresses. She began her acting career with the tele-serial Kachchi Dhoop directed by Amol Palekar. The child actor metamorphosed into the innocent Suman of Maine Pyar Kiya, her first and last Bollywood hit. After a short stint in Bollywood, Bhagyashree did a couple of South Indian films and a Bangladeshi film before taking the plunge into matrimony. Television for this rather conservative actress has been a means of balancing her happy but placid domestic life with her desire to satiate her creative urges. Excerpts from an interview:

Dance with me:
I was always interested in dance and the show Jhalak Dikhla Ja 3 will help me to train myself in the nuances of different forms of dance. It was always my wish to learn the intricacies of various dance styles. So when I got an opportunity like this, I decided to take it up.

Compete and excel:
Though there will be stiff competition in the show I believe that one should always strive to do what one is capable of and shouldn't push oneself beyond that.

Future flight:
I have just finished Red Alert which is based on the Naxalite movement. Moreover I am a firm believer of taking up just one project at a time.

Looking back:
Though it was a conscious decision to be away from Bollywood, I think I really missed out on working with some very creative people. It was my fervent desire to work with Amitji and Aamir Khan because I am a big fan of both of them and secondly I am fascinated by their creativity and body of work.

Bollywood calling:
I am open to acting in films, provided the roles suit my image and persona. But I have drawn a fine line with the kind of scenes and dresses that I would do or wear for a movie. I am not ready to compromise on that issue. While entertaining one must not lose sight of one's culture and people.

Family first:
I am really blessed to have such a supportive and loving family. I used to read in love stories that true love lights up mundane lives but didn't expect that it will become a truth in my life. For all that I have, I thank god immensely.

Hobby ideas:
Travelling, watching films and painting.

Food for thought:
Lip smacking spicy food adds a zing to my taste buds. But in winters I just gorge on a wide array of veggies teamed up with spicy sauces.

De-stress mantra:
I don't allow myself to get overly stressed. I surrender myself completely to god when things are not going my way. This relieves me of the stress.
Click here to comment on this story.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywood/I-am-open-to-acting-in-films-Bhagyashree/articleshow/4219031.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she was the first one to go from Jhalak...n i think she deserved it..she doesnot look like a heroine from any angle..

i really like Gauhar Khan..that girl is gorgeous and i would love to c her in movies..n shez also a gr8 dancer..may b in an item number..but bhangeshree has no chances of movies now...thats wat i think...no offence..

Originally posted by: Koizakapoor

she was the first one to go from Jhalak...n i think she deserved it..she doesnot look like a heroine from any angle..

i really like Gauhar Khan..that girl is gorgeous and i would love to c her in movies..n shez alsoa gr8 dancer..may b in an item number..but bhangeshree has no chances of movies now...thats wat i think...no offence..

Jhalak is a dance show whats looking like a heroine got to do with it..rest is your view which is fair enough. Personally i would like to see her in films but i prefer actors like juhi, madhuri etc to nowadays actors.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^oh no...u got me wrong..i mean she deserved it coz she didnt dance that well compared to others...as far as my saying that she doesnot look like a heroine is concerned that was only for her joining bollywood...

^^oh no...u got me wrong..i mean she deserved it coz she didnt dance that well compared to others...as far as my saying that she doesnot look like a heroine is concerned that was only for her joining bollywood...

Oh ok thats cool not seen this weeks performances yet ..yeh i agree with you she would be really different and the big break was her biggest mistake though i would love it if she did a movie
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
lol.. no fighting. i think she still looks gre8.. and can do films.. i would love to see her pairing with salman khan once again..

but ti was sad thats she was out
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I found her to be breathtakingly beautiful when she started out. I don't think anyone has been given the importance she has for one successful movie, well I've never seen such a furore anyway.  She still looks stunning for her age, no doubt. As for acting in movies, it's too little too late to be open for acting in them.
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

i really like Gauhar Khan..that girl is gorgeous and i would love to c her in movies..n shez also a gr8 dancer..may b in an item number..but bhangeshree has no chances of movies now...thats wat i think...no offence..

I am not to agree with u here, Bhagyshree is far away having the look and the attitude of a heroine, Gauher might be good looking, but she behaived badly in Jhalak Dhiklaja, this kind of attitude never survive anywhere, beside this Gauher's dancing skills is not that good..........

No offence to her fans, but I think Bhagyshree is far away better, she already gave a hit in bollywood............

She might be late to come in bollywood, but in any way, she is better than Gauher anytime.........

who is gauhar anyways?? i hope bhagyashree does sign a movie even if its not main lead.
zarine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I did not like her so much bcoz i think she was reacting like someone very important in the stage of jalak dikhlaja .... I mean she does not look like an heroine in any angle .... She thinks tooo much for someone like her ... anyways i love juhi and madhuri. By the way Juhi gave a very big compliment in the first show and think she was not diserve for that .. thanx