salonishah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aftab Shivdasani: ALOO CHAAT is a Hrishikesh Mukherjee kind of film

www.glamsham.com
Send to Friend

view ALOO CHAAT videos

view ALOO CHAAT videos

For a light hearted film of his, if Aftab Shivdasani sounds confident that one is tempted to believe him. Reason? The young man has seldom gone wrong when he has worked in comedies. His track record over a period of time is a testimony to that. This is the reason why when he sounds excited about ALOO CHAAT and goes on to equate director Robby Grewal's effort to that of Hrishikesh Mukherjee, one is inclined to give him an ear.

''Trust me when I say that ALOO CHAAT is one film which will keep you thoroughly entertained with that constant smile on your face'', says Aftab Shivdasani for whom this may well be a start of a new innings with the film being the first of his newly signed assignments, ''It's a very Hrisihikesh Mukherjee kind of character driven film.''

This seems like a tall claim considering the fact that Hrishikesh Mukherjee has been a man known for his classic light hearted entertainers for the family audiences.

CHECK OUT: Aamna is professional and so is any other newcomer

''It's the same in case of ALOO CHAAT as well'', says Aftab confidently, ''The film is made for a family audience. I can assure that no one from the audience will have a single moment of embarrassment or discomfort when the film is on; it is so clean.''

Elaborating on the target audience for the film, he says, ''ALOO CHAAT is for any and every age group; it has a universal appeal to it. It is about marriage and doesn't have any vulgarity, blood or gore to it. Frankly, I see a lot of scope for the film to be working. Moreover, it has no melodrama to slow down the narrative. Instead, the film boasts of a brisk pace and whenever there is a dramatic element, it is quite soft and subtle without being on your face.''

Releasing on 13th March all over, the film also sees the big screen debut of Aamna Shariff with Linda Arsenio as the other female lead.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simran1285 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Really?? Hrishikesh Mukherjee was a genius director I watch his films with the same zest as I do the new movies of today.

I have watched. Guddi, Abhimaan, Gomaal, Stayakam, Chupke Chupke, Khoobsoorat & Bawarchi a hundred times at least but Anupama is my favorite. Sharmila and Dharmendra were just brill in that movie.

If they are saying this is similar to Hrishikesh type movies then this better be good!