Time Bomb 9/11

Ketan Mehta On Timebomb

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Hey guys This is the old article but I did not find in Time bomb forum so think to share it...hope you guys enjoy this..i caught this article while surfing the netπŸ˜‰

TELE EXPRESS

TALKING POINT with Ketan Mehta

The Rising's director goes back to his television roots with Time Bomb 9/11

Sulakshana Gupta

Mumbai, June 19:What is Time Bomb 9/11 about?
It's an international political thriller with its epicenter in South Asia. The protagonist, Varun Awasthi, is a special agent with the Agency to Counter Terrorism. Over a span of 24 hours, he tries to outwit the terrorist Osama, who's planning a terrorist attack more grand than 9/11.

Is your villain Osama bin Laden?
The name is globally recognised as a symbol of terror. The character in our story is not the real Osama bin Laden, but a fictional character in a futuristic India.

< = src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js"> < = src="http://banners.expressindia.com/adsnew/adjs.php?para=no&n=231549182&what=zone:377&target=_blank&exclude=," =text/>

You claim to have broken many rules with this show. What were they?
One is that it's the era of saas bahu soaps and you can't do a complex political thriller. Two, that you need to keep it simple for the audience. There's nothing simple about this show. Even in terms of form, we've used simultaneous happenings and fast-paced editing.

It looks more like a film than a TV show?
It's been shot like a film, with special effects and larger than life characters. It's also the most expensive show ever produced on Zee.

Why a new show that's only 24 episodes long?
It's like a 25 hour film. After The Rising, I wanted to do something that's compact.

How did you research the show?
This is fiction based on well known facts. The story evolved out of the feedback from journalist friends and Indian Intelligence officers. The plot evolved from those interactions.

How did you cast the lead actors?
I selected them on the basis of their personas. Rajeev had the look of a hero, and Akash looks evil enough to play Osama's son, Usman.

Kay Kay Menon has played a prime minister earlier on your show?
He did an excellent job in my earlier show Pradhan Mantri. Time Bomb is an extension of that show, so it was appropriate to cast him again.

Do the negative characters on your show smoke?
No, I gave up smoking a while back. But I feel that the ban on smoking onscreen is ridiculous.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RajeevGurtiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing the article.
KinshukLuvsDina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx but ave red dis 1 too hehe πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ 😳
ek bat bilkul sahi kahi dat raj luks like a herooo πŸ‘ sirf hero nai balke hero no.1 πŸ‘
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
hey hero no. 1 woh toh hai hi...yeh bhi koi kehne waali baat hai...v all kno...thanx princess for tis
KinshukLuvsDina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† yeahhh pari yeh tu hai πŸ˜‰
sabphycama thumbnail
thanx for article.now princess 1 i want ektas latest interview
Sehar_Sheikh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thx alot 4 sharing princess1 πŸ˜ƒ