Jatin Shah copes with the loss - Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Jatin Shah copes with the loss of his father

Jatin Shah, popularly known as Ronak of Kasturi, is struggling to cope with the loss of his father, who passed away due to severe cardiac arrest, in December. But the actor, the eldest in his family, has to put up a brave front for the sake of his mother and younger brother.

Shah returned from his hometown in Bhopal to Mumbai 10 days ago. He talks about his loss, saying, "It all happened so suddenly. Dad had health issues before but they were not serious. I feel really bad but I cannot be anxious in front of my mother. I have asked her to come and stay with me now. I also have a brother who is eight years younger than me. He is doing his first year of B.Com in Pune. I have to be strong for them. If I am weak, they will feel worse. So I keep telling them that everything is going to be alright."Speaking about the responsibilities that he must now take on, Shah says, "It is obvious that they look up to me. For my mother, I am her eldest son. For my brother, I am his older sibling. Work is important now as I have to look after my family. I have to be more mature and choose my offers carefully. For my family, I will make all the sacrifices necessary."

Amidst his grief, Shah found a little consolation when he came to know that he won the first award of his career. He says, "The day after I came to know about this tragic news I received my first award. I was happy to get an award for the first time in my life but at the same time I didn't know what to do."

Remembering his father, the bereaved actor says, "He supported me in everything I did. I am from a very small village in Bhopal, where there is not even a theatre or a coffee shop. After watching me on television, my father would always say that I was doing a good job. Now, it feels as if I have lost my backbone."

Shah has also lost his part in three serials and currently has no roles. He says, "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Mahabharat wrapped up and my part in Kasturi is also over. I do not have any project in hand as of now but I am meeting up with people. I will only accept a really good show. Personally, this is a bad phase but I will fight back and get through it."

Jatin's father used to live in a joint family in Bhopal, where they were in the food grain business. His grandparents and uncle also live in Bhopal and will be continuing the business.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090209_51

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, February 09, 2009

• Posted: 15 years ago
    My heart goes out to him......may God give strenght to Jatin and his family.
    may god rest his dad's soul in peace and give him strength to deal with this difficult situation.
    May his father's soul rest in peace

All the best Jatin…u will get thorough it…just keep the faith in god strong and u will come out of this ordeal a winner…

i feel sorry for him.i really wish good luck in his carrier. Edited by robbii - 15 years ago

---------------

Edited by robbii - 15 years ago
    May his father's soul rest in peace
    That's very sad!
    May his father's soul rest in peace!