Karan Mehra(Naitik) Interview

-Maya- thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Karan Mehra Interview

Are you aware that there is another Karan Mehra in the industry?
Yes, in fact, our dads were college buddies.  I'd like to tell him that if he doesn't know this already.

Your first reaction when you learnt you had landed Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai?
I was nervous.. and excited.

Finally, someone who didn't become an actor by chance!
(Laughs) It's always been my dream to be an actor. Television is the first big step.

Any show you wish you were a part of?
I used to like Mihir Virani in Kyunki Saas Bahu Thi. Amar Upadhyay was so popular as Mihir. In fact, Naitik, the guy I play in Yeh Rishta.., is quite similar. He is sweet and pampered.. simple, cute and responsible. Just like me. It shouldn't be difficult playing him.

Isn't there a wicked streak in you?
No way!

You don't flirt?
No, I've always been a role model for my cousins and peers. (Laughs) My family and friends would always tell them, "Kuch seekho Karan se!"

The show is about youngsters who get married early. Is it healthy to promote such a trend?
It does happen. Also, we are showing how youngsters can be responsible and cultured. We are encouraging family values.

Married young would also translate into becoming young parents. Are you ready to play papa?
If the story demands it, why not?

Do you believe in matching kundalis to find your life partner?
My parents would be happy if I find a girl myself. As for matching kundalis, let's face it, we might have become progressive but no one I know has escaped it. Why take a chance? Har koi karta hai toh main kyun nahin.

I believe you were an assistant director once..
Yes, I've assisted Ram Gopal Varma on Shiva.. and Rajkumar Hirani for an advertisement. I've done a few ads too. The latest one was with  Shahid Kapur.

Besides acting what else about the medium interests you?
Styling, I'm a fashion designer from NIFT. I have my own brand. I hope to relaunch it in a couple of years.

You look so young.. how old are you?
Guess? When I was 21, no one would believe it. I was once denied entry to a movie theatre because they thought I was underage. I'm still told I look younger than my years.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/Print.aspx?Id=ccca14ad-8fde-4cb7-abf9-c7f5c6f470ee

Edited by maya2008 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Girlabouttown thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
very nice answers......
Hajoo thumbnail
niceeeee..... thanks for sharing :D
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Oh wow awesome answers so ....his dad and other karen dad were college frinds cool intersting lolz and i dint know that he was director too and now we got it..he is with sahid in ad ehhe...
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for posting!

Yaar sabse important question toh puccha nahin interviewer ne! And that is WHEN are you entering the show, Naitik?? :P LOL

But he seems like a simple, shareef type of guy....:-)
zindagi0071 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
he is so cutie....can't wait for his entry........I think the story now is just dragging.........Naitik should enter now.......
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing the article

Its surprising to know karan is a NIFT pass out

also that he has done some advertising & even assisted RGV
SamLuvsSaRun thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WOW Thanks..Waitin to see him in the show
sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Really awaiting Naitik's character to enter!!

Luv,

Shagun
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
thanx yaar for the interview....
now i can't wait for karan's entry as naitik...
man its taking all ages yaar....
i like the question asked "are you ready to play young papa" he says why not....he would be such a cute papa to his daughter or son....god i am already imagining akshara-naitik future son and daughter....first let them get married....