I don’t sulk for too long says Rahil Azam

aparichita thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I don't sulk for too long says Rahil Azam

Actor Rahil Azam talks about his workout regime, his daily diet, his happiness quotient and his idea of relaxation

People don't realise that over doing workouts are bad. I work out four days a week to keep myself fit. But if I've to shed weight or get into a particular physique for a role, I hit the gym six days a week. That's what I have been doing of late. I'm trying to balance between cardio exercises and weights. My workout sessions always include cardio, but not more than 20 minutes. Many don't know that even cardio exercises shouldn't be overdone. Whenever I can, I try to cycle to the gym and back. I love walking and always make it a point to take stairs. I regularly used to practice martial arts but, it's not happening now. I want to start with it again. I'm also planning to do yogasanas which really help you relax.

Right now, I'm looking forward to losing some weight so have been concentrating on my protein intake. So my diet is definitely more proteins, especially in the night and very little carbs. Even if I feel like having something heavy, it's before six in the evening. I drink a lot of water and have a fruit or two every day. I think one fruit for the day is more than enough and that too only after my workout. But now, I have started concentrating on vegetables. My dinner consists lots of vegetable with small pieces of breast chicken.

Small things give me happiness. It doesn't take me too long to get happy. Even a small gesture like a smile makes me glad. I don't sulk for long and don't expect people to pamper me. And even if I'm irritated for a long time, it doesn't take more than a minute to smile. But I'm happy the most when my parents appreciate my work or when I know I've done everything right.

I don't get stressed often to relax. But it happens when I feel I'm not satisfied. This is when I get back home and ask my cook to make me chai —- my stress-buster potion. For me it's ghar and ghar ki chai. I'm not the kind of person who would go to coffee shops to de-stress. I'd rather call my friend over and offer him also a cuppa tea argue, discuss and find solutions with him. Speak it out —- this is my idea of relaxation.