Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

Ah Gauri, you were just WAITING for this day, weren't you?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....15 days and Obama's already been written off......wonder how he'll survive the next four years....๐Ÿ˜†

I saw snippets of that speech on the news.....I didn't find it highly partisan....I actually enjoyed the sarcasm too๐Ÿ˜†....but hey, what do I know....I'm just a hopeless Obamamaniac with blinders on about the "Messiah"๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

@bold - Count me in too, was not waiting but was expecting sooner or later truth wil be unvieled๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†. Did you hear Pres O's house democrats speech last night, he asserted indirectly that this bill has been made by top economists (ha ha ha top economists...were they sleeping till now??) and he trusts thier judgement, that seriously questions his creditability. Why was he NOT owning the bill?? and could not say he beleives in it 100% and if anything goes wrong he would take full responsibility and stand by it. And also that the Massiah has seen each and every page and whole heartedly is certain this will stimulate the economy..??

There are obvious flaws in so called stimulus (Democratic agenda in the name of crisis) bill, I don't understand when the acceptance is low, why don't they go back review it and make amends rather then defending what is in there? OK, bill is all good and clean, then why not explain at high level each item and how it will benefit economy right now and near line? rather then giving the same hyponotizing speeches over and over again... high time for people to realize... and 15 days... from the day he won the election...he just should have focused to this one thing.
Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago

Originally posted by: raj5000

..............Why was he NOT owning the bill?? and could not say he beleives in it 100% and if anything goes wrong he would take full responsibility and stand by it........................

Because he can't!  The dude is NOT known for making tough calls or for his decision making.  All he is known, so far is, for his packaging and delivering well written speeches. 

He is looking ways to disown this very same bill if something goes wrong in the future.  This is precisely why he was seeking the Reps' blessings.  So that he can stand on that podium, wage that finger of his and claim he is not to be blamed here because republicans thought it was a workable package as well!  This should tell us how much faith he himself has in the proposed stimulus package.

Security was a top concern after 9/11 and people often blame Bush to play the fear card to get his way around senate.  Well, economy is the top concern right now and we are seeing Obama going down the same path Bush take - trying to bully his way around the house and the senate by playing the fear card all over again.  Where is the change when he is resorting to very same strategies he badmouthed Bush for?

He keeps harping on how he inherited a mess in yesterday's speech.  Well, did he not know what he is inheriting when he was fighting tooth and nail for this position๐Ÿ˜†  Tell us something new Mr. President!  For a change, please tell us something we have not heard already๐Ÿ˜†

Ah Gauri, you were just WAITING for this day, weren't you?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....15 days and Obama's already been written off......wonder how he'll survive the next four years....๐Ÿ˜†

Waiting?  Sweetie, I was anticipating these goof ups๐Ÿ˜†  As far as only 15 days  - well, trailers do give you a fairly decent sense of what the movie is all about๐Ÿ˜† and trailers are paid real close attention too!  Obama is banking on passing this package.  If it doesn't pass, he'll have a lot of egg on his face. At the same time, dude wants more faces to point his finger at in case the package falls flat๐Ÿ˜†   
I saw snippets of that speech on the news.....I didn't find it highly partisan....I actually enjoyed the sarcasm too๐Ÿ˜†....but hey, what do I know....I'm just a hopeless Obamamaniac with blinders on about the "Messiah"๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

His speech yesterday was nothing but his desperation seeping through๐Ÿ˜† and yes, you are bang on target about having blinders on.  There's no way anyone can call it a bi-partisan speech unless, the definition of that term changed overnight๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
@Gauri: LOL....I bow out before your amazing debating skills yaar....waise bhi I can't say much since those blinders of mine blind me to all logic anyways.

btw, you mentioned last time that your daughter was a big Obama supporter?? Still true or has she figured he's done too? lol

btw, I never called the speech bi-partisan either.....just cuz I don't find it highly partisan, should it be automatically presumed that I think it's bi-partisan??? :S lol

And I don't really see any desperation in him either....seems more like he's talking about the urgency required given the gravity of the situation.

@Gauri: LOL....I bow out before your amazing debating skills yaar....waise bhi I can't say much since those blinders of mine blind me to all logic anyways.

btw, you mentioned last time that your daughter was a big Obama supporter?? Still true or has she figured he's done too? lol

btw, I never called the speech bi-partisan either.....just cuz I don't find it highly partisan, should it be automatically presumed that I think it's bi-partisan??? :S lol

And I don't really see any desperation in him either....seems more like he's talking about the urgency required given the gravity of the situation.

sweetum, you yourself said you only heard snippets from that speech.  I'll be glad to know your opinion once you hear it from beginning to end.

My daughter, just like you, is still a huge Obama supporter and I have heard all that you said in your first post here from her already --- minus the "blinders" though๐Ÿ˜†  It's the idealist in her that would like to give obama at least one year before finally admitting what a big mistake he is๐Ÿ˜‰

Yaar, I am just glad this thread brought you back to DM!  Hoping to see Nupur here as well.  I missed you girls๐Ÿ˜Š  Welcome back๐Ÿค—
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Because he can't!  The dude is NOT known for making tough calls or for his decision making.  All he is known, so far is, for his packaging and delivering well written speeches. 

He is looking ways to disown this very same bill if something goes wrong in the future.  This is precisely why he was seeking the Reps' blessings.  So that he can stand on that podium, wage that finger of his and claim he is not to be blamed here because republicans thought it was a workable package as well!  This should tell us how much faith he himself has in the proposed stimulus package.

Security was a top concern after 9/11 and people often blame Bush to play the fear card to get his way around senate.  Well, economy is the top concern right now and we are seeing Obama going down the same path Bush take - trying to bully his way around the house and the senate by playing the fear card all over again.  Where is the change when he is resorting to very same strategies he badmouthed Bush for?

He keeps harping on how he inherited a mess in yesterday's speech.  Well, did he not know what he is inheriting when he was fighting tooth and nail for this position๐Ÿ˜†  Tell us something new Mr. President!  For a change, please tell us something we have not heard already๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜† .. Seriously with all due respect he is one of the best orator / speaker, did you notice (yes, once again) his facial expressions, timely pauses while talking to the house last night...for once even I felt felt keeping thoses barbells down and clapping๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜† but then...*cough* .. is there are one word term for all about personality with no substance disorder? ๐Ÿ˜‰
AreYaar thumbnail
Aww thanks so much for the sweet welcome back, Gauri ๐Ÿค— Those were some heady days of debating about him right after the elections, nahin?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....

I do lurk around occasionally and read some of the threads here, but I guess only an Obama thread could make me speak up again๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....Maybe Nups will show up cuz of his 'magnetic' pull as well๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

btw, you still crushing on Rahm Bhau or not???๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: raj5000

๐Ÿ˜† .. Seriously with all due respect he is one of the best orator / speaker, did you notice (yes, once again) his facial expressions, timely pauses while talking to the house last night...for once even I felt felt keeping thoses barbells down and clapping๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜† but then...*cough* .. is there are one word term for all about personality with no substance disorder? ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿคฃ Like they say in our UP, shakal soorat ka kya achaar daaleyngey๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

Oh yes, he is heck of an orator.  It's a pleasure hearing him --- if one forgets their brains in the kitchen or on the dining table because the moment you try to go behind the beautifully delivered words, there's not much substance there to think about๐Ÿ˜†  Hamarey UP mein iss key liye bhi ek kahawat hai --- baniya gud na dey per gud kee see baat toh keh dey๐Ÿ˜†  i.e. what if he can't deliver all he keeps on harping about.  At least he is saying all that the public wants to hear๐Ÿ˜›

Aww thanks so much for the sweet welcome back, Gauri ๐Ÿค— Those were some heady days of debating about him right after the elections, nahin?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....

I do lurk around occasionally and read some of the threads here, but I guess only an Obama thread could make me speak up again๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....Maybe Nups will show up cuz of his 'magnetic' pull as well๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

btw, you still crushing on Rahm Bhau or not???๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Yep๐Ÿ˜†  Still drool over him.  Was so disappointed when came to know he was not there during yesterday's speech - one of my main reasons to tune in and suffer through it all๐Ÿ˜†  But loved the quip Obama had on our raam bhau.  He said something to this effect - Rahm is very busy working hard.  Last, he was seen teaching profanity to some underprivileged children๐Ÿ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Sure, sure. Bring it on RTH.  But do keep in mind --- the longer you wait, more ground you'll lose going by the way Obama is fumbling up and going around shooting his mouth off these days๐Ÿ˜†

I would not stand for him if I did not believe in him. Besides the more he falls from grace from your vision, the more you will be pumped up for debate.

Now after a ten hour work day I got to go to bed. Early day tomorrow. But as a reward at least I made it on the local news. My nose at least. ๐Ÿ˜†