Member of the week - socalgirl

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Dear Friends,

From this week onwards we are going to put a member of this forum in hot seat for a week. The person will be our 'member of the week' and will reply to questions asked by other members. This way we will get to know each other much better. So here's Kasshish's very first member of the week.
❀️ socalgirl ❀️

socalgirl is a newbie in IF. She takes part in discussions and has also provided updates in Priya's absence. Her name is Vina. Please welcome her to the hot seat and fire her with your questionsπŸ˜ƒ.

Here goes mine--

Your username:
Your name:
How did you decide on this username:
How did you get into IF:
Your fav. pastime:

Kasshishites, start shooting your questions at her and fill this thread with excitement and fun. 

Thanking you,

IF Development Group

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lalgulab thumbnail
Hi Socalgirl, welcome to the hot seat πŸ˜‰ Here are my questions:

- Where are you from? Originally and where do you live now (if different)?
- What other shows do you watch?
- How old are you? (You can skip this one if you want) 😊

More later 😳

Jyoti
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Soclagirl 😊
Welcome
wat do you do? Study...Job???
who's ur fav. actor/actoress?
-Aji
Edited by scorpion134 - 18 years ago
socalgirl thumbnail

OK.... So here are the answer to everyones question :-
first its for Bluepink -

Your username: socalgirl

Your name: Vina

How did you decide on this username: I live in Orange County in Southern California and absolutely in love with OC so thats where this user name comes from. So is southern Cal is California girl

How did you get into IF: I used to read updates of Astitva in Zee4U forum and once some girl posted update of Sindoor and we asked her to regularly do it, at tht time she said its better to go to IF and read it..... though poor girl got good bashing from other members but i came to know about IF and without missing a minute i signed on to IF and since then Hooked on it and have not visited any other forum since the day i sign on to IF. πŸ˜ƒ

Your fav. pastime: Well now thts a bit challanging to explain. Sofar i always loved watching movies, Love to Travel and Reading, any type of reading is OK with me right from News paper to True crime novel to
fiction......   BUT now things r diffrent as i deliverd my first baby in NOV 2004. and since than all i read is Parents and American baby magazine. Have also joined Infant Music Class which myself and my baby attained everyweek (MY kids name is Rishi and now he is 10 month old) Have only seen 4 or 5 movies since his birth. So you can say raising him has become full time job and favourite passtime too... πŸ˜‰

This one is for Lalgulab:-

Where are you from? Originally and where do you live now (if different)? I m originally from Bombay (Mumbai) i have whole family there. I used to live in Goregaon and also have a house in Thane. My mom lives in thane these days. But my sister lives in Goregaon as she married our neighbour.

Right now i live in Southern California in Orange County in city called Laguna Niguel.

- What other shows do you watch? I watch Astitva and Sindoor beside Kasshish but i decide about watching Astitva after reading sree's update if i feel its gonna be nice show i watch, and if i read that its gonna be crying show then i skip it. Sindoor i try to watch regularly. Used to watch JJKN but since the day they showed Jassi and CJ in HOtel room where Arman sees them, i stopped watching it completely. and Every now and then read update of tht. I also used to watch Kaisa Ye Pyar hai but since that show has also become typical Ekta Kapoor show i stopped watching it. I do not like like to watch very very dramatic kind of show which is exactly what ekta makes.  I prefer stupid comedy than this kind of high drama so i do watch a show called "Sab Kuch ho sakta hain" its completely useless show but Anchor of the Show Sajid khan is very good. All he does is put people, or movie down. If they r bad. I mean its really a crazy show but i do watch that.

Other than that on Fox channel i watch The OC πŸ˜‰ , and Prison Break regularly.

How old are you? (You can skip this one if you want) LOL LOL there is nothing to hide as Now that i m mom of a kid, NO flirting is gonna happen...... So i m May 12th 1975 born, and that makes me 30 years old. Got Married at age 27 and had a baby at 29. 😳

This is for scorpion134:-

wat do you do? Study...Job??? When in Mumbai i had my own business and before that i had worked for a Hotel and Restaurant consultancy company so i m a great cook.During my college days i used to do modeling, and have done many Calander for a fashion shop called Nanki, also have done few calander for a company in Mauritius,and did ramp walking too. When i came to US i used to work at ATV Safety Institute, But at present i m stay home mom. Just taking care of my baby and home. But may be once my baby is one year old i think of calling my mom here and go back to work.

who's ur fav. actor/actoress :- OK my all time favourite Actor is Amitabh Bachchan, beside him during my collage days and even now i die for Salman Khan, beside that i love Michael Douglas,and like to watch Robert Di Nero, Nicholas Cage and Denzel Washington.

Actress:- All time favourite is Sridevi, and then i liked Karishma,Kareena and Preity Zinta.

Beside this i would like to inform you about my family:-We r 3 Sis and 2 Bro. One is my step Bro. But we do have good relation with him as he is just 7 year old. We all have heard Sharmila's story in this forum, and something like this had happend to my mom when i used to be in my 2nd year of Commerce. I was the oldest among all sibling but we all fought against it and made my dad leave home, but give the home to my mom, so he left and started living with other woman, Now after almost 11 years things are settled in life, I support my mom from here, my husband is a Gem who supports me completely in doing so, infact he bought a home in Thane for my mom as my dad went Bankrupt.... Since then i belive tht what goes around comes around..... and my dad too realises this. But even after all this we are on good term with my dad and do give love of Broter to the kid he had with other woman.

We all sibling are very close to each other and take care of my mom very well. My brother is helping my dad in his business which he had to start from scratch a year ago but doing well now....

So i hope this is enough information to get started with. Looking forward to continue this discussion with all my new friends at IF. πŸ˜ƒ

Regards
Vina

Edited by socalgirl - 18 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail
Hey Vina...   πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ for being the member of the week!!

Guess what, I am from Mumbai too.. so next time you do drop in here, remember me, I am right here....

Whats your other likes and dislikes!!

Do you particularly detest any characteristic or thing in someone!!!!

What would you do to de-stress....

What stresses you the maximum.....

Whats your dream vacation.

Who was your first crush!! (hope u dont mind answering that!!)
socalgirl thumbnail
Well Well Well !!!!! Priya now we are talking. πŸ˜†

As a matter of fact I am gonna be in Mumbai from 2nd of Dec. till 24th Jan. As my parents have not yet seen My son, I m gonna travel to india and spend some time with them. We will surely meet once i m there. I will email you on PM and take your phone no. and will give you my no. so that we can meet.

As far as likes are concern, I like to Eat Ice cream and Cheese cake. I like my freedom and dislike it when anyone tries to boss me. I m pretty strong headed person.(as per my father in law)LOL but no its true i m very very strong headed and no one can change my mind once i decide on something. These are the reason my husband never argues with me.LOL. I like to go shopping. and got great collection of shoes. As i can die for a nice pair of shoe. But i m really obssessed with shoes. Like every girl i like Diamonds πŸ˜‰ and got some too. I dont like gold as much though. I like to go to beach and spend time alone there. I also like spending time alone with my hubby which is almost impossible these days. One big thing i dislike now a days is absence of my family and the fact tht they still have not seen my son.

As for detesting some characteristic in person, i simply hate liers and i can not stand phony behaviour. I dont like people who make up shit. And big one i hate cheaters.(well experienced, thanx to my dad)

If you would have asked me before my delivery what i do to de-stress i would have said a big bowl of Ice cream or cake would help me more than anything else. But now i do excercise to de-stress my self as i m figure concious person. I like to be in shape. As i enjoy wearing mini skirts and short dresses. So i excercise like crazy.

Extra pounds on my body stresses me most. Beside regular worries.(i.e family problem or childs health or husbands health)

My dream vacation would be spending a week in Tuscany(Italy) in some villa and eat Italian food like crazy and drink wine and eat Gelato...... you can guess i am a big eater. But guess what, I m hoping that my dream vacation will come true next year.

As far as crush goes!!!!!! I not only had a crush but actually almost came on the verge of getting married to that guy. He was real Handsome. But thats all he was. No proper job, no business, nothing. Only thing he could do well was to charm a girl. But we still went around for 7 years. and then finally i decided its time for me to move on as even in those 7 years he really didnt do anything great. So i went ahead with my own life ...........(it was painful) in few years settled my business only to close everything to get married to my husband and now its kind a happily ever after............. πŸ˜‰
anjali.nair thumbnail
vina!! thanks for your wonderful replies. i feel so close to you now. hey! i was planning to land up in mumbai in dec too but changed my plans.

so you were a model. must have turned few heads then. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

my next questions:

1. if you were ratna of kasshish how would you justify falling in love with anand?

2. how many languages do you speak?

socalgirl thumbnail
Now this is difficult one. As in my dictionary relation with married man is OFF limit. So to even put my self in ratna's position is difficult for me. But, lets try. As some time in life you got to say "WHAT THE HECK" (this is from "Risky Business" movie a dialouge i will never ever forget)

So if i were to be Ratna, first thing i would say is love is something that happens. You dont plan on it. Love surely does not realise that the person you r falling in love with is married or that the person is your cousine's husband. It just happens. And specially when you have just ended up a relation and trying to learn to live life again with out that person, you are way too emotional and far from thinking.

And at that time any guy giving you his hand, you will surely hold on to it. Without thinking much. As that was the position Ratna was in when Anand met her. And this one is from experience i can say. As once i left the guy i had crush on, i started working for Hotel and Restaurant consultancy company for couple of year, and my boss was a charmer too. and ofcourse MARRIED. But then working with him almost 16 hours a day he knew a lot about my life, and did try to give me his hand to hold on to and shoulder to cry on. And i did feel close to him. But then i surely realised that its not what i want for my life and its not gonna work n i backed out as i had my dads example in front of me. One thing i absolutely didnt want to do is to get involved with a married man.

But thats beside the point. The thing is As much as i hate Ratna, the truth is it is very very difficult to live without some one to love you. And after getting hurt once you just want to hold on to the next person, no matter what he is and who he is. And i think thats exactly what Ratna did when Anand came in her life.

I am Gujarati. So i speak Gujarati, English, Hindi, lived in Mumbai so surely Marathi and now a bit of Spanish.
lalgulab thumbnail
Brilliant answers! I've got few more questions for you..

-Did you have a love marriage or an arranged?
-Do you watch Desperate Housewives? If so, who is your fav housewife and why? (I have a feeling that you watch this show) πŸ˜†
-Whats your favorite color?
-Whats your favorite movie?
-If you were Pia, what would you have done in her position?

Jyoti
socalgirl thumbnail
I ofcourse have Love Marriage. Infact i got married in 4 days. I met my hubby On Shaadi.com and chated with him from July till sep.In sep. he came to Bombay to meet me. His parents live at Malabar Hill. He came on 25th Sep.night. on 26th We went out for dinner at Taj. where he went on his knee and proposed me.LOL on 27th we did my wedding shopping, on 28th i did my mehendi and he came to meet my parents.and on 29th i was MARRIED. Tell me how does that sound.

I m so sorry to disappoint you but i dont watch that show. The fact is i really wanted to watch is but for some reason i missed first couple of episode and you know if you miss the starting of any show here then its not worth watching it. πŸ˜• Thats the reason i didnt bother to see it once i missed initial episode's so to make up for that i started watching Footballers wife but didnt like it after watching first show so dropped that too......

I love Blood Red, Black and Yellow colour.

In Hindi my favourite movies are "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Lamhe, Jo Jeeta Wo Hi Sikandar,and Dil Hain ke Manta Nahin.

In English:- "American President, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Pretty Woman, Mean girls and Confession of Teen age Drama Queen".

And if i were Pia, I really don't know what i would do. But one thing for sure i will never ever be as calm as Pia is. I am very Outspoken person and belive in Tit for Tat kind of thing. If some one hurts me i make sure i hurt them back no matter what. If i m pia i would have taken Anand Left,Right and center and made sure he leaves ratna and then leave him so that he gets nothing. (This would be my first reaction) I am pretty emotional and possessive for everything i have. Be it person or things. One this is sure that i will never ever be in the relation where someone cheats on me. But i will certainly not behave like pia, very cool and calm and still care for the person who cheated her. I would leave the person after teaching him some good lesson.