arranged marraige ar new ff

xarmaanx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

heys guys its i really hope u like this ff and i know i have not updated my other 2 ffs i promise i will update them soon as possible. so cuming back to this ff. plz review and tell me if wot u think about this ff

Chapter 1

ridz walked in her house on Friday afternoon, after a long day at college. She dropped her bag and called out into the house. "Mom, Dad, I'm home."

She walked in the kitchen to see her dad sitting on a stool near the breakfast bar and her mother behind the counter baking. She took a seat on the stool next to her father, who was reading the newspaper (that was something he usually did when he got home after work).

"Hey dad," she said kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey, princess," Mr. gupta replied, not looking up from his paper.

ridz turned to her mother. "Mom, why are you making chocolate cake? You only make it when you have big news…wait what happened?"

Her mother looked up the icing she was using on the cake. "What, a mother can't just make chocolate cake for her daughter because it's her favorite. Does there really have to be a reason behind it sweetie?"

"With you? Yes," ridz says, shifting on the stool. "What do you have to tell me?"

Mrs. gupta  looked at her husband. "Ok, your dad and I have something very important to tell you, right shashank?"

Her father looked up from his newspaper momentarily, nodded and went back to reading.

"shashank!!"  padma says, staring at her husband. "We agreed to tell her together, remember?"

"Tell me what?" ridz buts in, curious.

"Well," her mother starts. "Maybe you should try some cake first sweetie."

"Mom, I don't want any cake," ridz exclaims annoyed. "Just tell me what it is already."

"Hunny," her father says, putting down his newspaper. "Don't get mad, but we made these plans when you were born and we want to stick with them."

ridz looks at her parents confused.

"Well," her mother takes over for him. "We arranged for you to get married when you turn 18."

"WHAT?!" Ridz says. "I'm getting married? Since when?"

"Since you were born, sweetie," her mother replies with a guilty face.

"Are you serious,"ridz screams anger building up inside her. "I'm only 17."

"You'll be 18 by the end of the year Hun," her father says. "And that's the legal age."

"So basically, you guys just arranged for me to be married without even asking or telling me?"

ridz, please" padma  starts. "It was arranged when you were a baby."

"So what," riddihma yells. "I just meet the guy and you expect me to like him and then marry him, just like that?"

ridz, it's already been decided," shashank says turning away from her and back to his paper.

ridz turns to her mom, still angry but trying to keep her cool. "So when do I meet my 'husband'?"

padma gave her daughter a warning look before going back to her cake. "We meet up with him and his parents tomorrow."

"Great," ridz says, heading up to her bedroom. "Spring Break has officially begun and already it sucks for me." She made it to her bedroom and slammed her door, showing her parents just how angry she was.

"Wow," angie responds after hearing her friend's story. "That's harsh."

"And weird," muskaan added on the 3 way phone call.

"I know, they said we're meeting him and his parents tomorrow. Well I am. My parents already know them."

"So wait," muskaan interrupts. "Does that mean we can't go to the mall tomorrow?"

ridz scoffs. "muskaan!"

"What," muskaan answers, confused. "What I'd say?"

angie rolled her eyes. muskaan, she's talking about her problems and all you can say is 'Does that mean we can't go to the mall tomorrow?'"

"I'm sorry," muskaan replies. "I was just curious."

"It's ok muskaan," ridz  grabs a dress out of her closet, wondering if she should wear it tomorrow."I know what you mean to say."

"Oh, ok." ridz hears muskaan's voice answer through the phone.

"I'll talk to you guys later," ridz  had now emptied most of her closet. "I have to pick out something appropriate for tomorrow."

"Ok bye," mukaan and angie answered in unison.

ridz threw the dress back in her closet, and then plopped down on her bed. Tomorrow, she was going to meet the guy that she had to marry and possibly spend the rest of her life with. Hopefully at least he would be cute.

The Next Day

ridz's POV

I was sitting at a table for 4 with my parents, waiting for my "future husband" and his parents to arrive. I hadn't said a word to my parents since I had stormed up to my room yesterday. I couldn't believe they were doing this to me, they were controlling my life. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me and my parents looked past my head and smiled. I guess this is it. I stood up as my parents did and turned 

around to see a very pretty blackish and brownsh-head, who looked to be in her mid to late 30's. She looked at my parents and shook both of their hands.

padma , shashank It's nice to see you again." As she spoke I noticed a man come up behind her that looked amazingly like my gym teacher

My mom shook the hand. "kirti , it's so nice to see you again, too."

The woman, whose name I now knew was kirti, and then turned to me. "Oh, ridz look at you. I haven't seen you in 16 years. You were just 7 months the last time I saw you. I can't believe how much you grew up. You're a very beautiful young woman now." I blushed as she hugged me tight. I had to memory of ever meeting her, but apparently she knew me and my parents when I was a baby. I suddenly felt calmer about getting married. If her son was as nice and friendly (and hopefully got some of her good looks) maybe this marriage would work out.

"padma shashank, and ridz! You all look great. Especially you ridz, you've grown so much." I looked up to see the man that was standing behind kirti talking to me. As he got closer, I realized that he was my gym teacher. He was the same gym teacher that was the coach of the basketball team and armaan malik's father.

Wait, which could only mean one thing…….

I lost my train of thought as armaan malik himself stepped into my view. When he saw me he looked as awkward and weird as I felt.

ridz," kirti said, getting my attention. "You won't remember him, but I'm sure you've see him around since you both go to excel college This is armaan." armaan walked over to us and I felt my mouth dropping. He just kept his head down and refused to make eye contact with me. There was absolutely no way in hell that I was marrying Armaan malik! I wouldn't do it if he was the last guy on Earth and the fate of the rest of the human race depended on us being together. And trust me I had my good reasons.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preet916 thumbnail
hey
really gud intro
seems  interestin
nd great nd differnt story line
continue soon
Edited by preet916 - 15 years ago
starasdf thumbnail
new ff kool

very interting

ridz dosent want 2 marry

Armaan Malik

can u plz pm when u cont. thxx

Star⭐️
wow another ff. liking the concept. hmmm... so she doesnt wana get married to armaan for sum obvious reasons cant wait till the story unfolds. do continue soon wid this n ur uder ffz
lov iram
..Mira.. thumbnail
Heyy!
You already have me hooked on this fic!
Ha wow her parents already plan her marriage with Armaan from when she was a baby?? WOW
And hmmm she already knows him...and Shubs is her gym teacer? Lol
Oooo she seems pretty determined on not marrying him...do i sense an enmity or a romantic past??? Hmmm
Can't wait..I hope you continue soon!

perfectpiscean thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Haha awesum FF Sonia!

I totally loved it...Especially the concept...Its very refreshing!
Cant wait 2 see what happens next...And what are Ridz's reasons to not like Armaan...lol

Looking 4ward to reading more! =D

Do PM me when u continue hun!

-Marisha
nidha1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
waoh👍🏼 its awesome one⭐️ intro is so cool😛😊 mind blowing😎 so she is going to marry Armaan😍 but why she dont want to😉 plz continue it soon😛😉

"Zindagi nahin hamain doston say pyari,
Doston pay hazir hay jaan hammari,
Ankhon main hamaray ansu hain to kia,
Jaan say bhi pyaari hay muskaan tumhari."

forARever thumbnail
nice ff...seems veryy intresting!....
HS.KaSh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

nice one

sounds interesting

luking forward to it

lookwhoshere thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cool part Sonia!! u have a different writing style  of ur own, n wid this storyline m sure u r gonna make it very enjoyable  for us again!
update asap..
luv,
anu.