Adnan Sami shocked by Jagjit Singh's crit

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Adnan Sami shocked by Jagjit Singh's criticism

Adnan Sami, refuses to believe that Indian ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh criticised him.

MUMBAI: Crooner Adnan Sami, who has sing hits like Bheegi bheegi raton mein, refuses to believe that Indian ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh criticised him by saying "he can't sing and should go back to Pakistan".

"I can't believe Jagjit saab would talk like this about me. He's always been so sweet  to me. I'm his biggest fan. And why would he say I came to India to become an actor?

"When I came here, I weighed three times more than what I am. And why would he accuse me of sending my money to Pakistan? I earn and pay taxes in Mumbai, I can show you my PAN card," Adnan said.

Singh, who openly acknowledges Mehdi Hassan as his main inspiration, told a website in an interview that Adnan can't sing and should go back home.

"He (Adnan) became a singer by mistake. He had come here to become an actor and by mistake he became a singer. He can't even sing. People like him should be sent back to  work there (Pakistan) because they make money in India and send it to Pakistan," Singh was quoted as saying by website starboxoffice.com.

A source from the music industry who knows both the parties spilled the beans behind Jagjit Singh's rancorous outburst.

"There's more to Jagjit saab's outburst against Adnan than a spirit of patriotism. Recently, when Adnan was doing the score for Vikram Bhatt's 1920, he wanted all the stalwarts of the classical world to contribute a track. He approached Jagjit saab for the song. And he even had the tune ready. But a section of the film's production team vetoed Jagjit saab's presence in the album. And Kailash Kher sang the song meant for Jagjit Singh. That's when Jagjit Singh decided who the enemy was," said the source.

Adnan doesn't deny the incident during the recording of the 1920 songs.

"I did approach Jagjit saab for a song in '1920'. He couldn't sing it for some reason. So what? I refuse to believe he'd act so petty. He has always said Mehdi Hassan was his greatest inspiration. Why would he now  make these uncharitable remarks against all  Pakistani artists?"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zoe28 thumbnail
i used to like jagjit singhs music but if hes really this bitter and jealous to make comments about pakistani singers then i really don't want to hear any more of his music because for me hes just as bad as abhijeet the other racist musician who was being petty because he doesn;t get work anymore.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
That's a very rude comment. Adnan can sing and is a very good singer!
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i agree...Adnan is a good singer, and shouldnt listen to Jagjit singh..
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hmm, did Jagjit Singh really make this comment? I'll wait for him to confirm, as I dont believe websites.

anyway, they both are great singers.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hatts off to u Jagjeet Singh Ji 👏... Proud of you...

not only him but All pakis shld go

and some ppl feel so bad when One Indian say Truth abt Paki artists 😃 they expect us to bear attacks all the time but they themslef cant even bear a single True comment abt their Besure artists 😃

Hatts off To Abhijeet Bhatachariya too 😃

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 15 years ago
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this post should be closed before it turns into one of those Anti-Pak or Anti-India  post..........i don't think anyone on this forum possess the intelligence to discuss such controversial issues with neutrality......for the sake of peace.....CLOSE IT
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
First of all, Adnan Sami is an excellent singer, secondly it could be true that Jagit Singh said like this, but in same time it could be the media who made it up, who knows, only ALLAH knows.......
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
😆 god knows whos telling the truth.