Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Su, Sofi, Shaina interesting discussions.

I saw something on debutants yesterday. Again, not a word on him. Imraan seems to be everyone's fav and Farhan too has got noticed.

Rajkumar Gupta however was mentioned along with Neeraj Pandey (of A wednesday)
lulu_gr81989 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

Remember how we all said we want to see him in an army movie after Lrl? See, wishes do come true (sometimes)

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But Shaina, like Sofi mentioned, it could also be editing! Lulu said he arrived late whereas he was seen during the first set of awards only

Also, his mooh was khula hua during the entire show, me thinks he was highly bored and half asleep, thts why his mouth was left open πŸ˜†

He came 2 hours late in the show. so if he was shown in the 1st set of awards then it was defn edidting. actually i havent seen the telecast of the show as i was in a NY party. Also rajeev came to the show wen shweta tiwari's performance was going on so it could be that his mouth was open wen he saw the ending parts of the dance or it could be editing.

Rajeev-1. Hope ur heart stays in its right place and ur brain functions normally!
2. Hope uv got over ur fetish for reptiles.
3.Hope ur movies actually take off.
4.Hope uv got urself a good stylist.
5.Hope ur interviews make more sense from now on.

(and i hope i dont hv to hide anywhere after this πŸ˜†)

Priyanka- 1.Hope ur spending time grooming urself
2.Hope u actually do come back with a bang
3.Hope producers and directors line up outside ur home to sign you.
4.Hope uv grown up and become a little more diplomatic.
5.Hope uv learnt from ur mentor how to stay in news by atleast interacting with ur fans.

These points should be more like their New Yr resolutions.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
^^ Thanks for clarifying Lulu. So it could be editing! Abt the khula hua mooh,  tht remained till the end πŸ˜†
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh1

hey ashi Happy new year😊😊

he is doing it, of course not Mohanlal's role, that is a cameo,
Rajeev is the hero. A newly married hero, going off to the borders (a soldier), etc....
He said it would go well with the times, present scenario

and sofi Major Ravi the original director is doing this too.......
Think (can't remember) mohanlal will do the role he did in malayalam and  in the tamil remake too.

and the malayalam version has a sequel too.😊

I did not understand this πŸ˜•
I hope he doesnt mean tht it was inspired by the present scenario.

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mystified

Hmm...

True, priyanka has to show her face now and then to be remembered...

But she seems to have disappeared!!!!!!

And how will she show her face??πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

Films are not happening and she is no more interested in serials!!!!!  

Originally posted by: mystified

He is among the top 3, yippie thats great news....

well it seems true that film FC's are not favouring his luck...they seem jinxed🀒....so we shud start an FC only after the film releases....

I absolutely agree with you on that!!!!!

FCs should be opened only after the film releases!!!!!

Originally posted by: sunaina02

That is the way the real world works.
You will learn this bitter lesson too when you leave the bliss of studentship and enter the world of jobs , career-building and competition.

What are our  big stars doing ??  Do u think they are modest?

I agree with Di on this Sofi!!!!

Be modest but also keep blowing your trumpet in the middle!!!!Thats the trick!!!!

Edited by Shaina_b - 15 years ago
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Shaina, lets hope we see her face soon. If not onscreen then offscreen.

im glad i saw her face at shoppers stop even if it was really old. Atleast its still there.
mystified thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

That is the way the real world works.
You will learn this bitter lesson too when you leave the bliss of studentship and enter the world of jobs , career-building and competition.

What are our  big stars doing ??  Do u think they are modest?

its strange di, ppl have been telling me the same thing abt the rules of this world for the past few days but kya karoon Dil hai ki maantha nahi

I am just hoping that it is so bad as it sounds πŸ˜•

mystified thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But Shaina, like Sofi mentioned, it could also be editing! Lulu said he arrived late whereas he was seen during the first set of awards only

Also, his mooh was khula hua during the entire show, me thinks he was highly bored and half asleep, thts why his mouth was left open πŸ˜†

hahaha now this is the most hot discussion topicπŸ˜†

Kal ki taaza khabar...

Rajeev Khandelwal mooh kholkar award function mein kise dekh rahe the?πŸ˜†

Uh...pls dont beat me up for using the name of ...a ...a movie, sheer coincidence

Discussion For The Day!

As the new year has unfold,

How would u like to wish/ what would u like to say to Rajeev and Priyanka?

Rajeev-1. Hope ur heart stays in its right place and ur brain functions normally!
2. Hope uv got over ur fetish for reptiles.
3.Hope ur movies actually take off.
4.Hope uv got urself a good stylist.
5.Hope ur interviews make more sense from now on.

(and i hope i dont hv to hide anywhere after this πŸ˜†)

Priyanka- 1.Hope ur spending time grooming urself
2.Hope u actually do come back with a bang
3.Hope producers and directors line up outside ur home to sign you.
4.Hope uv grown up and become a little more diplomatic.
5.Hope uv learnt from ur mentor how to stay in news by atleast interacting with ur fans.

These points should be more like their New Yr resolutions.

ok i agree with all of priyanka's wish list coz they appear to be true unfortunatelyπŸ˜• but rajeev? poor guy, ashi toh peeche hi pad gayiπŸ˜‰...

uh..may i ask y u find his interviews senselessπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

oh and this reminds me, remember the Rashi fic we were talking abt, i wrote a teaser, during my aalishaan holiday...do tell me if u wanna read and i'll post it here, don worry i think u'll like it coz theres actually nothing specific in itπŸ˜†, just a promotional strategy by meπŸ˜‰.....

Edited by mystified - 15 years ago
mystified thumbnail
this new year resolution thing, not working for meπŸ˜•....

I came thrice to the FC in a day and guess what missed all of u....😭
shraddhagupta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Newcomers rejuvenate Bollywood in 2008

Mumbai, Jan 1 (IANS) The year 2008 saw a variety of debutants in Bollywood, from fresh faces to new filmmakers. If Asin Thottumkal was a storehouse of expressions in 'Ghajini', Anushka Sharma in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' was natural and spontaneous.

The third important female discovery was Mugdha Godse. Bold and uninhibited, she stood her ground in 'Fashion' in spite of an author-backed part for Priyanka Chopra.

Prachi Desai, a fourth fabulous female debutante came earlier during the year. With her sweet and tender big-screen debut in 'Rock On', she proved that television stars do shine in cinema.

The myth that television actors falter and fall while making that transition was broken twice over in 2008. Not just Prachi but also Rajeev Khandelwal, who made a powerful debut in 'Aamir', along with first time director Rajkumar Gupta. The debutant filmmaker emblazoned his name with a tale of terrorism that travelled the tormented streets of Mumbai in scampering motions.

In the field of direction, if 'Aamir' gave us a camera-worthy director in Gupta, two more directors dabbling in terrorism - Nishikant Kamat in 'Mumbai Meri Jaan' and Neeraj Pandey in 'A Wednesday' - came out with flying colours.

Indeed 2008 was the year of deep directorial impact. Abhishek Kapoor, who had once acted in a film called 'Uff! Yeh Mohabbat' with his then girlfriend Twinkle Khanna in the lead, was resurrected as the man behind 'Rock On!'.

For all practical purposes this was Abhishek's beginning as a director and what a debut!

Ditto 'Munnabhai' writer-turned-director Abbas Tyrewala, who shone in meteoric motions in the inspiring company of his debut-making hero Imran Khan in 'Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na'.

Other debutant directors, who came during the earlier part of the year, like Vijay Krishna Acharya ('Tashan'), Jaideep Sen ('Krazzy 4') and Vivek Sharma ('Bhootnath') couldn't live up to the hype created around their entry.

Among the male debutants, Imran Khan was hands-down the best discovery of the year. Sassy, spontaneous and sensible, Imran's freshness of approach to acting was contagious. The nation contracted the Imran virus.

Harman Baweja, who made his debut on the same day as Imran, was far more filmy.

Director Farhan Akhtar made his debut as a leading man and was a revelation in 'Rock On!'.

Subtle and skilful in portraying a man, who has clamped shut his dreams, Farhan made us thankful for the concept of multi-tasking, which allowed him casual leeway to switch from one side of the camera to the other.

Earlier, some not-so-significant new faces made their debut. Nikhil Dwivedi debuted in 'My Name Is Anthony Gonzalves' at the beginning of the year, but audiences didn't warm up to him. Rajneesh Duggal and Adah Sharma made a joint effort at stardom in Vikram Bhatt's '1920', but the film sank without a trace and the two actors were forgotten too.

Neha Oberoi and Sikandar Kher in 'Woodstock Villa' and Nakuul Mehta-Amita Mangat-Adhyayan Suman in 'Haal-e-Dil' came and went faster than we could remember their names. Mithun's son Mimoh Chakraborty too made a disastrous debut with 'Jimmy'.

But Sonal Chauhan in 'Jannat' and Aditi Sharma in 'Black & White' managed to scrape through the finish line in a well-written role that was badly played.

All the really promising new talent of the year came in the second-half of the year. Maybe it was meant to be.