Frequent Posters

..khan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
nice show love devs acting and his eyes and smile he is sooo nicee
poooohjjjazzzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanx everyone for sharing some information abt characters of chhoti bahu..........
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Love does cost a thing!
niveditha thumbnail

Shashank Sethi clears the air..

Shashank who plays Keshav in Zee's Choti Bahu is pretty livid with media reports that suggested that he is in love with ...

niveditha thumbnail
Rubina's happy in white

There is good news for all fans of Zee TV's Choti Bahu, as there will be a new twist in the storyline. Rubina Dilaik aka Radhika will undergo a makeover as she will become a sevika on the show.
Rubina tells us, "Radhika, who initially wore wearing bright coloured sarees, will now be seen wearing a white salwar kameez and a dupatta with a navy blue border, and no earrings and bangles. This is a good change for me as I get to sport a simple look as after seven-eight months. White symbolises peace and purity. I am enjoying it for now, but maybe I'll get bored of white after a few days."

The actress tells us she is looking forward to this simple look as she doesn't like wearing too much makeup. "I usually take only 15 minutes to get ready, even when I'm wearing a saree. I hardly wear any makeup, usually just the base and lip balm. This is the look I prefer even on camera, and have been complimented for this," she says.

Talking about the transformation, the actress says, "Radhika, who was more materialistic earlier, will now lead the life of a jogan. She will sacrifice everything and abstain from all worldly pleasures. Radhika's family has always been her top priority, and so she will now sacrifice her husband for her sister, Visakha."

Radhika will become a Lord Krishna devotee, and Rubina us that in real life too she is a firm follower of Lord Krishna. "I am very religious and worship Lord Krishna. In fact, there is Krishna statue in my mandir at home."

Radhika's transformation will take place early next week.

Watch Choti Bahu from Monday to Friday at 7.30pm on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090717_89
niveditha thumbnail
Radhika of Choti Bahu was once Nandini

Here's what you didn't know about Zee TV's Choti Bahu. Indya has found out that Radhika, the lead character, was originally supposed to be called 'Nandini'.
Rubina Dilaik, who plays Radhika, tells: "Initially the lead character's name was supposed to be Nandini. I remember that was the name we were told at the time of the auditions. The name was later changed."

She explains why: "Choti Bahu is the love saga of Dev and Radhika. The characters are very closely related to Lord Krishna and Radha, and that's why they changed the name from Nandini to Radhika. Also, a significant similarity between Radha and Radhika is that the latter too is a big devotee of Lord Krishna."

Rubina initially auditioned for the negative character of Vishakha. "But when they finally called me up to come in for the shoot, they told me that I was to play Radhika because my face cut suited that role better."

Choti Bahu is Rubina's first TV show. She tells us "I'm from Shimla and from childhood, I was always more interested in modelling. I was even crowned Miss Shimla International in 2006 and then later Miss Punjab. I later heard that there were auditions in Chandigarh for some show, so my younger sister and I went for them and I was selected."

Viewers of the show will soon see Radhika undergo a transformation, where she will become a sevika and sacrifice all worldly pleasures for the sake of her family and sister, Vishakha.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090718_95Radhika of Choti Bahu was once Nandini

Here's what you didn't know about Zee TV's Choti Bahu. Indya has found out that Radhika, the lead character, was originally supposed to be called 'Nandini'.
Rubina Dilaik, who plays Radhika, tells: "Initially the lead character's name was supposed to be Nandini. I remember that was the name we were told at the time of the auditions. The name was later changed."

She explains why: "Choti Bahu is the love saga of Dev and Radhika. The characters are very closely related to Lord Krishna and Radha, and that's why they changed the name from Nandini to Radhika. Also, a significant similarity between Radha and Radhika is that the latter too is a big devotee of Lord Krishna."

Rubina initially auditioned for the negative character of Vishakha. "But when they finally called me up to come in for the shoot, they told me that I was to play Radhika because my face cut suited that role better."

Choti Bahu is Rubina's first TV show. She tells us "I'm from Shimla and from childhood, I was always more interested in modelling. I was even crowned Miss Shimla International in 2006 and then later Miss Punjab. I later heard that there were auditions in Chandigarh for some show, so my younger sister and I went for them and I was selected."

Viewers of the show will soon see Radhika undergo a transformation, where she will become a sevika and sacrifice all worldly pleasures for the sake of her family and sister, Vishakha.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090718_95
Chandani_C thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

AviNash's article from this months   'The Plot ' issue .

niveditha thumbnail
Choti Bahu is gearing up for their biggest occasion, that of Janmaashtami on coming Friday, where the show is going to have a special two hours special episode. There will be other star cast from the different shows of Zee too.

"On this occasion, we are shooting special episodes, where all the star cast of different shows from the same channel will be present to grace the moment," states Rubina.

Talking about the performances, Rubina converse, "There will be performances by the team of Betiyaan, Shree, Little Champs and Agle Janam's actors. Also, Jagjit Singh will be singing a bhajan especially composed for this episode."

"We haven't started the shoot as of now, we will be starting it tomorrow. As we don't have much bank for the episodes, the schedule is back-to-back. Thus tomorrow we will be shooting for half of the Janmaashtami special episode and remaining will be shot on day after tomorrow," she adds.

On this special day there is going to be a big twist unveiled in the show too. "Yes Dev (Avinash) will be proposing Radhika (Rubina) in the show for marriage. Now audience have to wait and watch whether she accepts the proposal or rejects it," concludes the actress.

It's going to be a huge affair on Choti Bahu on Friday, so catch up to know what happens further.

Choti Bahu is gearing up for their biggest occasion, that of Janmaashtami on coming Friday, where the show is going to have a special two hours special episode. There will be other star cast from the different shows of Zee too.

"On this occasion, we are shooting special episodes, where all the star cast of different shows from the same channel will be present to grace the moment," states Rubina.

Talking about the performances, Rubina converse, "There will be performances by the team of Betiyaan, Shree, Little Champs and Agle Janam's actors. Also, Jagjit Singh will be singing a bhajan especially composed for this episode."

"We haven't started the shoot as of now, we will be starting it tomorrow. As we don't have much bank for the episodes, the schedule is back-to-back. Thus tomorrow we will be shooting for half of the Janmaashtami special episode and remaining will be shot on day after tomorrow," she adds.

On this special day there is going to be a big twist unveiled in the show too. "Yes Dev (Avinash) will be proposing Radhika (Rubina) in the show for marriage. Now audience have to wait and watch whether she accepts the proposal or rejects it," concludes the actress.

It's going to be a huge affair on Choti Bahu on Friday, so catch up to know what happens further.

niveditha thumbnail

Janmashtami special: The special Janmashtami event will feature Dev-Radhika of Choti Bahu, Archana-Manav of Pavitra Rishta, Laali-Abhishek of Agle Janam, Shree-Hari of Shree and Jhanvi-Nihkil of Betiyaan performing to songs of Radha and Krishna. The special guest for the evening will be ghazal singer Jagjit Singh, who will be succeeded by SaReGaMaPa L'il Champs contestants Shreyasi, Hemant and Yatharth. Watch the event at 7.30 onwards on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=673

niveditha thumbnail

Choti Bahu to become one hour on Monday from 17th August..

The exit of Zee TV's Maayka brings changes to the 8 pm slot from the coming week...