Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simran1285 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: sam1903

so its not the custom in actual...........
then this is something bad happening to her.....
but seeing situatiion like this...
Does she left with any option

Yes it's not a religious custom it is a "man made custom" as for something bad happening to her well this is a show and something bad always happens to the protagonist 😆 
as for the situation my dear everyone has a choice and the brains to decide right from wrong, Guru Nanak dev ji chose his friend/student to become the next guru rather than his own sons. That means he wants all humans to make their own decision and do what seems right, if this girl is agreeing to this marriage with the Kirpa then I have nothing to say😕
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: simran1285

Yes it's not a religious custom it is a "man made custom" as for something bad happening to her well this is a show and something bad always happens to the protagonist 😆 
as for the situation my dear everyone has a choice and the brains to decide right from wrong, Guru Nanak dev ji chose his friend/student to become the next guru rather than his own sons. That means he wants all humans to make their own decision and do what seems right, if this girl is agreeing to this marriage with the Kirpa then I have nothing to say😕

well its the story writer mind so can't say anything.... but in case of reality......then i think.....ppl...should use their mind.....
and thanks for telling ...about Gurunanakji decision.....
but still I feel In conservative society......esp..for woman..... they left with little or should i say with no choice.......if we see the case of Geet...if his father got agree to get her married with the father of three sons...then also i think she had no option just to accept that...

JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

sandhya ji i have already posted my links and the whole documentation... documentation needs to be submitted by you and this other personwho said that it was all right to marry kirpan......  I dont need to provide any other documentation to prove the sacredness of my religion.... I am sikh and proud to be one.......
simran1285 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonu98

sandhya ji i have already posted my links and the whole documentation... documentation needs to be submitted by you and this other personwho said that it was all right to marry kirpan......  I dont need to provide any other documentation to prove the sacredness of my religion.... I am sikh and proud to be one.......

Not to be rude or anything, but I think the only people who need documentation are the ones who claim they have read the Granth Sahib but truly have not.

My mom's dad (nanaji) was a amritdhari and an avid reader of the granth sahib, so I asked my mom over the weekend if marrying the kirpan was religiously right. My mom disagreed and said she had never heard of such a ritual, she said people are doing lots of crazy things as marrying a picture so maybe now they have invented a new thing by marrying the kirpan.

She also said that the Kirpan is given to the Sikh's to protect, not to marry. I don't know if everyone does it but I have always seen the groom carry a large kirpan (if he is not amritdhari) when he is to be married, but that Kirpan is given to protect.
Vitna thumbnail
Hey guys i appreciate you guys for sticking on the topic, but please dont go off topic or start chatting. This is just a common thread and please be appropriate.

Thank You,
Vidhi
ssandhya1237 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sonu98

Dear Sonu98,
My point was that u said that u will "su" the MMDR guys if they did something like this.  Now dont throw it back at me.  This whole fuss started with the validness of marrying a kirpan or not.  So not going off the point - some people who know of such a custom agree to it and people who dont know...dont agree to it.  So, I was not wrong in telling the interested members what marrying a kirpan was.  And neither were you guys wrong in denying it coz u have never heard of such things.... This topic could have been kept simple by everyone giving there opinions and not blaming each other for giving wrong/right information. 
 But unfortunatly some of the members started this whole matter of who has the most information about sikhism....the ones who read the Guru Granth Sahib Ji?? 
I am sorry to say...but when things could have been kept simple...they were complicated...

anywaz...this is my last post for this topic.  Geet got married to a kirpan....lets see what happens next!!!!!

kaur_amardeep thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssandhya1237

oh i am sorry if i gave the wrong information....😔 never ment to do that. if this doesnt happen that way...then i would also love to know what marrying to a kirpan would mean.  i might not be a sikh..but i have lived in punjab for most of my life...and i seriously dont rememeber how on the earth i know what marrying a kirpan is....

kaur_amardeep thumbnail
 hi i  belong to astrict sikh family. i know about this custom. marrying with kirpan is a very old custom. even in gurus times it happened lots of times. if u read the history of sikh warriorers then u will come to know about this. even my cousin got married like this. it doesn,t happen in normal conditions. it just happen when there is no other way. to maintain the respect of girl and all others, the anand karaj can be done with holy kirpan in the presence of guru granth sahib
zeezee09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Getting married this way without the actual presence of the groom occurs in almost all religion. Even Sofia Loren got married in proxy. Even Islam allows such marriage to  take place.  Be it a Kirpan, a turban or just the picture of the gromm, it is all the same. But I am  sure of one thing - it is only with the consent of the groom that such marriages can take  place. Otherwise I would have got married to Brad Pitt!!!!!

Just my thoughts on this topic.
Edited by zeezee09 - 15 years ago