swananda's comment on performance

kapkumars thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

i think swananda could have been gracious in her victory. what was she trying to say when she said her performance was based on "sur", what does she think is she the only person in sur. i think she was jealous of joyeeta's performance and trying to make up for her inabilities.

i respect swandanda's voice, she is excellent but there is something called humanity, one should not further trample those who have lost. she should have complemented joyeeta instead.

what do u say.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti jwala thumbnail
i agree she said i did not performed and let people dance.
teepsu thumbnail
I do not think so that is what she was trying to say.What she meant was for her real performance was her sur.SOmetimes even without dancing and all person can tell or express from words or the song.TO me Joyita was excellent that day.
mini59 thumbnail
I dont think Swananda has any right to define what a real performance is.I also think that Joyeetas behaviour on one day has led people to be biased against her.I think she sang very well yesterday.
melody92656 thumbnail
Yes totally agree with you and the comment which daler mehendi told Nihira applies to sunanda about the body language too.she thinks she is best that she can tell anything .what i felt was she meant to say even without performance like Joyeeta you can achieve with a good voice.
kd286 thumbnail
i think swananda did very well yesterday .raktima was also good...
joyeetha went way overboard with her dancing....and it became a fun show...everyone was laughing....it was kind of embarrasing....that too in front of Pt.jasraj....
its my opinion...
sreehu thumbnail
Swananda was perfect ...performance round is not at the cost of sur. This competition is all about becoming a play back singer and is not in the same league like fame gurukul where you have to swing in order to sing ...
taikoo thumbnail
Though I have not seen this episode, from what I have seen of her, I can certainly say that Swananda is a very simple humble lady and even if she had told something on Sur it must not have been to hurt or out of jealous.

Seriously speaking - the final competition, IMPO, is going to be between two simple souls (let Daler (ghamandi) Mehndi note this!) i.e.,

Nihira

Swananda Edited by taikoo - 18 years ago
taikoo thumbnail

Originally posted by: kd286

i think swananda did very well yesterday .raktima was also good...
joyeetha went way overboard with her dancing....and it became a fun show...everyone was laughing....it was kind of embarrasing....that too in front of Pt.jasraj....
its my opinion...

Agree with you...I just watched the video (Thanks to memsaab)...there was absolutely no necessity to perform so much for this song...in between I saw even the mentors exchanging smiles....wonder what they were finding so funny?

As already said, it is pure luck and the hype ('lambee duuuur se aaaai') created by the cry baby Himmesh and rude Ismail Durbar that brought Joyeeta upto this level.

Edited by taikoo - 18 years ago
*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: taikoo

Though I have not seen this episode, from what I have seen of her, I can certainly say that Swananda is a very simple humble lady and even if she had told something on Sur it must not have been to hurt or out of jealous.

Seriously speaking - the final competition, IMPO, is going to be between two simple souls (let ghamandi Daler Mehndi note this!) i.e.,

Nihira

Swananda

I agree too. Swananda is such a sweet and simple girl with equally sweet voice and her comments were not targeted at Joyeeta or anyone else for that matter.  She made everyone dance without swinging herself.  She made me remind Asha Bhosle in her golden days. Her song in the preliminary round -- parde mein rahene ho, parda no uthao was also equally good. With JL's training she has perfected songs of this"johnar". And she is not just good with Asha kinds of songs but is equally good in sentimental numbers as she showed with heartful rendering of Lata's Jane kya baat hai --- the song that touched me most in this competition.  Swananda to me is a truely versatile singer who can sing songs of all types If JL prepares her well and gives her right song, she can really give a touch fight to Nihira.

- Salil