Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

orms thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I knew Saroj Khan before. I also knew Farah Khan.

I loveeeeeeeeee Farah's sense of humour!
phadukaran thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reatta23

umm...saroj khan is a MUCH more established choreographer than her. what is she talking abt ppl not knowing saroj khan?!?!?! also, she herself said she finds indian dance difficult, whereas saroj khan's choreography is all indian, and she can also do modern. over all, saroj khan is a much more versatile dancer than her, so she reali shudnt b commenting abt saroj khan as if she is so much better herself...<br>

what she meant was, no one knew who Saroj Khan is, we all knew her choreography, but we didn't see her on Screen that much did we. she is not questioning the craft of Saroj Khan. she clearly said, we didn't get to see the technicians behind the camera. and in this show we get to see that.

well most of you are not reading the text with open mind. the moment you read "Saroj Khan not being known" that it, you sentence ended there and you all commented right away, without reading further.

just an FYI, I am a Choreographer and i m not a fan of Farah, I m big fan of Saroj Khan, as I have got training from Saroj Khan in MumbaiEdited by phadukaran - 15 years ago
simtara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

😆 I love her...she's such a muphat and unafraid to speak her mind.

Regarding her comment about Saroj Khan - personally speaking, sure I knew of Saroj Khan before NB, but I certainly didn't know the face or the personality behind that name. And let's be honest...how many of us actually did?

Incidentally...Saroj Khan and Farah Khan have rather similar personalities (speaking their minds without hesitation, brash, harsh, sarcastic....).

As for talent...credit where credit is due. Film directors wouldn't use Farah Khan if they didn't know her work sold - and it does. We're all guilty of having copied her steps in some of the desi parties we've been to. But when was the last time you did "choli ke peeche kya hai"? 😛 Or to use a more recent example, anything from Guru.

I'm not bashing - merely pointing out that based on trends and today's cultural preferences, Farah Khan is more widely accepted and preferred over Saroj Khan. Both are, IMO equally good in their respective expertise.

Anyway...as usual..humerous bit from FK. Thanks for the interview 😊
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
I knew Saroj Khan b4 NB. There are so many choreographer but ppl hardly know their names to my face but Saroj Khan was one whom almost everyone knew my name & face. She has been in the industry for so many years & has made her own place.
Kanika05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Duh! I knew her😆..She is a very well established & respected choreographer👏

If she means to say that she came into limelight from NB then she got to agree that she came into limelight from Indian Idol..
And OSO?..Oscar Winning material?...

Farah wake up from your dreams!!😆

-Kanika
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lol...wht a joke...EVERYONE knew Saroj Khan before Nach Baliye...She is waaay to full of herself👎🏼