thekamaths thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

What did Niladri tell Sharib, I didn't understand completely, he said something like please reproduce the song like the original, are sargams not allowed in saregamapa?

I am watching this in the U.S so we are behind by a few days. Someone please calrify.

-thanks

A

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

star_kkp thumbnail
niladri was tellin sharib that next time when u sing try to sing the original song not a song which in some parts are composed by ur own. remember when sharib sang that sargam he made it himself it was not in the original song. well i think that sharib will win and niladri will have to go home.
kapkumars thumbnail
even if niladri's grievence was genuine he should have taken it up offline, as sharib had not won the day and he had another day to compete against him.
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
niladri is a very gud singer wat wat dsnt work is his attitude...he feels he is d best out of d whole lot....always arguing whether its d mentor or d participants.....

nw dat he is out...na bajega baans na bajegi baansuri
kishore_bhakta thumbnail
I don't think it's wrong to give a newer interpretation to the composition. As long as the new features serves as salt and pepper and not act as the main course.

If you hear Mohd. Rafi's concert version of "O Duniya Ke Rakhwale" he does the alap between the third and fourth verse, elaborates on "mahal udas aur galiyan suni", and hits the tar pancham note in the end. None of these (except for the alap in the film) were used in the original. In the same concert, Rafi saab added a sargam and special rendering of the first few lines in the second verse of "Man Tarpat Hari Darshan Ko Aaj."

Kishoreda did some special things to "Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai" amongst other things in his concert at Los Angeles. People do it all the time.

If Sharib sang "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" in the tune of "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham", then that is a problem!
whocares thumbnail
IMPO, the Judges and Mentors are there to analyze and judge the contestent. To criticize or sound off opinion about a fellow participant, that too while they were on camera is completely out of line. I think Niladri's comment on Sharib was uncalled for.
niky thumbnail
ur right whocares thats how i felt too
champakali thumbnail
Guys,
What Niladri was commenting on was that sharib was taking credit for the original sargam ....including praises from the mentors and judges ( Daler told him that that since this sargam is your creation you cannot lose sur).

The Sargam was from a Live Performance CD ...some of the other contestants felt that was not correct...for Sahrib to take credit as it was his own creation.
that is why Aadesh and Ismail supported Niladri .....due to editing we are not shown the whole set of dialogs......

This is really a very poor job of editing by Zee...very similar to the "ghamndi episode"of Nihira.....

Also , I do not have high regrd for Niladri...he does have a golden voice but lacks the sincerity and dedication most other contestants have....we were shown a glimpse of that ...He did not care to get the original Maachis CD for one of his songs...(Chodd aaye hum)..Ismail was livid....

melody92656 thumbnail
Niladri and joyeeta are out friends.
kd286 thumbnail
i'm happy that niladri and joyeetha are out...
i didnt like the comment nildri made to sharib...its none of his business to make a comment there...there are mentors and great judges who are doing their job....he is not such a genius to pass a comment like that....