Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

muffins2waffles thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello everyone again, I have a question that is not related to my topic.
In the Ramayan, does anyone know what happened to Luv and Kush after Ram left for his heavenly abode? I know they split Ayodya in two parts and ruled, but that is all. Does anyone have some extra information to add?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Well, I heard that Kush and Luv were very righteous rulers just like their father, and the subjects were kept happy and satisfied all the time. I heard especially that King Kush had complete control of his senses, so much that once, Goddess Lakshmi came in the form of an extremely beautiful woman to test him.
King Kush, immediately recognizing her as his mother, immediately paid respects to her and bowed to her feet. Goddess Lakshmi was pleased and blessed him before leaving. This story is in the Devi Bhagavatham. I haven't heard about Luv though.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
THank you godisone, for the info
SitaLakshmi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thanks Godisone for the story.😊 Yes, I heard of it too.

I have one more question for everyone. What does everyone think of the Kumbhakarn in this Ramayan? Does anyone know the actor's name?
SitaLakshmi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have one more question that's not related to this Ramayan. Does anyone know how many posts I need to be a groupie?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Here's my impression of characters who were represented better in the original serial, vs those represented better this time

Dasharath, Kaushalya, Lakshman, Urmila, Shrutakirti, Hanuman, Angad, Ravan, Indrajit, Kaikeyi, Manthara, Sumantra, Vaishishtha, Nishadraj Guha

Rama, Sita, Sumitra, Shatrughan, Bharat, Mandavi, Vali, Tara, Sugriv, Roma, Vibheeshan, Mandodari

I have a tough time determining which Shurpanaka was better. She's supposed to be a revulsive figure, but in this years episode, she comes off as somewhat LIKEABLE, which should make the 87 version better?
Edited by Chandraketu - 15 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
On the question about Kush & Luv after Rama left for Vaikuntha

First of all, from a historical perspective, given that quite a bit is known of Kush but nothing of Luv, I don't buy the theory that Kosala was split between the 2, or else, there would have been 2 dynasties.   Remember - Kosala was the name of both Dasharath's kingdom and the kingdom Kaushalya originally came from.  In Valmiki Ramayan, there is a mention of her brother Bhanuman.  Assuming that he ruled as long as Rama did, it's possible that he had no successors, and so Luv was sent to inherit his kingdom.  Which would explain why nothing is known of him, even  though Kush's dynasty seems well tracked.  (Tulsidas has it that Luv founded Lahore, but given that that this was a part of Gandhara, which was under Taksha, it's very much doubtful.)

When Rama departed for Vaikuntha, all his subjects left with him (undeserved IMO, given their horrendous treatment of Sita, they simply didn't belong there).  So Kush was crowned ruler, and led expeditions in the Vindyas, and established a city called Kushavati and made it his capital.  He married a Nagakanya named Kumudhati - sister of a Naga ruler Kumudh - and with her, had a son Atithi, who succeeded him  and continued the dynasty.

What I am also interested in is what became of the other dynasties in Raghukul - the ones of Subahu, Shatrughatee, Chandraketu, Angad, Taksha and Pushkal - sons of Shatrughan, Lakshman and Bharat, in that order?  Any sources that shed light on this?