Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I have nothing against Rani but now its younger generation coming up like Katrina,Deepika,Sonam and Genelia.i mean u cant stay forever in bollywood.u have to move on and give the younger ones a chance...ppl are now more interested to see new faces rather then old...this is my opinion no offence to rani fanz...trust i have nothing against her

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Me too..I believe that it is over for Rani ass the mainstream actress or the actress running fo rth enumber place.....becasue we have y oung, beautiful actresses which makes men go ga...ga...ga...over them....

So I guess she might have a hit (which I really want not for her but fo r Shahid who is coming in a movie with her...)

fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shockalot

i prefer rani over the two piece bikini clad girls anyday, this girl may not have the HOT looks (well haha i think she's gorgeous but others may not), but she is a BIG package of talent! She just needs the right movies....but look at what Bollywood is churning out these days...4-5 good movies a year...MAYBE....i loved her role in Saawariya and she did great in LCMD! I ACTUALLY enjoyed Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, it was childish yes, but that's what Kunal was aiming at, and even though i'm not really a child anymore haha, i loved it, it took me back to my childhood days! I'd prefer her doing films like that, family films, over films which have scantily clad girls dancing and acting daft lol

Totally agree, and she can do all types of roles awesomely, i mean her acting really touches your heart-especially in Black and this sort of talent really appeals to audiences, not many actresses touch your heart, or make you sad when they do an emotional role- She's full of talent & that's what the industry needs.

Just to add another point young actors are just starting out and yet to do defining roles..also new actors do not mean they replace old ones this is the biggest industry world wide that churns out millons of movies if we only had 5 top stars it would be over for bollywood since all sorts of roles need good actors.

lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Rani is an awesome actresse
hope she will be back
laksh_kt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lovanika

I just saw a clipping of Farah's Eid.....I saw Rani in Orange dress and goggles. She looked ok an dnot very chirpy self. Then in one clip she walked right passed Karan and one other of her friend. KAran tried to give his hand to her but she totally ignored adn walked past in other direction.

Did you see that clip.......

yeah i saw it..but i dont think that she saw him cuse she was looking down at that time  if u watch her clearly

link

-samira
Edited by laksh_kt - 15 years ago

Rani is a very talented actor. Personally I prefer her to Kajol. But I don't know what happened to the chirpy Rani all of us knew offscreen. Its like the character she played in KANK or in the second part of Hum-tum just creeped onto her. Her onscreen persona reflects on offscreen too. I have been noticing it since Abhi-Ash marriage. I could be wrong but there is a lot of change in Rani's personality after that marriage and she has become sort of a recluse. I have hardly seen her giving that broad smile of hers.

As far as acting career goes, our heroes always wants the young ones. The younge femlale leads make them feel young too and this is been happening since the time of Dilip Kumar and Manoj Kumar. They like girls half their age to star opposite them. SRK, Akshay Kumar, Salman are also no different. So we see girls in early 20s like Deepika, Katrina, Sonam opposite the 40+ actors. Rani hit 30 and now there are hardly any takers for her. I don't see her career going anywhere, because of this mentality of our heroes. Everyone is not Aishwarya Rai. Now that lady knows how to put herself there and be a tactful when it comes to business.
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Rani is a very talented actor. Personally I prefer her to Kajol. But I don't know what happened to the chirpy Rani all of us knew offscreen. Its like the character she played in KANK or in the second part of Hum-tum just creeped onto her. Her onscreen persona reflects on offscreen too. I have been noticing it since Abhi-Ash marriage. I could be wrong but there is a lot of change in Rani's personality after that marriage and she has become sort of a recluse. I have hardly seen her giving that broad smile of hers.

As far as acting career goes, our heroes always wants the young ones. The younge femlale leads make them feel young too and this is been happening since the time of Dilip Kumar and Manoj Kumar. They like girls half their age to star opposite them. SRK, Akshay Kumar, Salman are also no different. So we see girls in early 20s like Deepika, Katrina, Sonam opposite the 40+ actors. Rani hit 30 and now there are hardly any takers for her. I don't see her career going anywhere, because of this mentality of our heroes. Everyone is not Aishwarya Rai. Now that lady knows how to put herself there and be a tactful when it comes to business.

Agree 100%

However Rani can not be called too old! Priety Zinta, Ash, Kajol arent they all over 30's? Rani has just hit 30. I personally think she should just try and step out of the yash raj camp and try some more fun youthful roles. She is being stereotyped for old and serious roles now.
Edited by Angel39 - 15 years ago
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Rani is a very good actress i dont believe this article!
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail

Some interesting points have been made 😊

Well I really like Rani. I'm going to probably repeat what others have already said but she is a very talented actress. I also think that she is very natural, oh and has a wonderful smile! Agreed that she has had a bad run at the box office and has chosen some bad projects. But that doesn't, or rather shouldn't mean that her career is over. Even the best go through bad patches and make wrong decisions.

Personally I feel that she needs one good film (that also does well at the box office!) and she will be back. Hopefully that will be soon! Also, I don't think her age should be an issue. Seems like hitting 30 is a crime lol. But she is still young. It's sad but true that the film industry is unkind to actresses when they reach a certain age and that makes me so angry! If our heroes can romance at 40+ then there should be no double standards when it comes to the women.