.Rabi. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
@ Nice front page Ammu ๐Ÿ˜Š
.Rabi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh

rabi ur siggy with one of the latest pics, the ladakh one, the white shirt and jeans was very very good.๐Ÿ‘

Thank honey for liking my creations๐Ÿ˜ƒ am glad u like it๐Ÿ˜Š
What happens next?
10 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA ,TNN
              Text:
2008 has been an astonishing year for new talent, specially male talent.
Farhan Akhtar (TOI Photo) More Pics

While last year Ranbir Kapoor was a clear winner this year Anuraag Sinha, Sikandar Kher, Rajeev Khandelwal, Imran Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Harman Baweja and Adhyayan Suman all happened to Hindi cinema within a few months.

We have candidates like Arjan Bajwa in Fashion, and girls like Mugdha Godse (again, excellent in Fashion) and Shah Rukh Khan's leading lady Anushka Sharma coming up.

Expectations from Anushka in Rab Ne Bana De Jodi are therefore high. And that's where the problem creeps in. When a debutant is built up as the Next Best Thing, he or she finds it hard to live up to expectations.

While Saawariya was being made Ranbir and Sonam were always warned about the impact they were supposed to make. It came to a point where they refused to step out of their homes in those days. Those newcomers who have arrived without a flurry have made a bigger impact.

Rajeev broke the myth about television stars being ineligible for stardom. Now I wonder if Rajiv's second film would encore the impact of Aamir! Unlikely... because the kind of impact Rajeev made in Aamir, even Aamir Khan couldn't make in his launch film Holi.

When newcomers start with a flourish they end up in the ditch with their next film. Imran Khan is the latest example. Jaane Tu... Jaane Na was the best and the worst thing to have happened to Imran. It skyrocketed his stocks to the extent that he confessed to me that he was being paid obscene amounts to attend social gatherings and dandiya functions for 10 minutes.

His second film has disappointed audiences. But he has not. The best part of having your head firmly on your shoulder is that you get swayed neither by the adulation nor the inevitable fall.
He'll survive the downslide. So too Ranbir Kapoor and Neil Nitin Mukesh. Ironically their debut film was not a success. And yet they sailed across to the second film.

Now there's Farhan Akhtar. Shabana Azmi thinks Farhan in Rock On was the most flawless performance by a male actor in Hindi cinema alongside Balraj Sahni in Garam Hawa and Paresh Rawal in Sir. But what happens now? Doesn't this kind of praise put plenty of pressure on the performer?

If Farhan isn't feeling any performance anxiety it is because he is already a superstar-director. He doesn't need to deliver walloping performances each time.
But what about Darsheel Safary? His first film put him in the same category as Shah Rukh Khan for the popular awards nominations. Now, no matter what he does, it will be a comedown.

Getting a foot into the industry is next to impossible. To hang in there is even tougher. Sammir Dattani took three years to get to Mukhbiir while Vatsal Seth is still to find a foothold.

Anuraag Sinha who started with Black & White says he would rather wait it out than do inconsequential work. But wait for what? Sometimes our entertainment industry shuts its door to talent only because it has little patience with people. How dare he? Tu nahin aur sahi. And who cares about sahi and galat anyway?.
here's the link,

NidaRajeev thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

NidaRajeev ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by rajeevthegr88 - 15 years ago
yazh thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajeevthegr88

NidaRajeev ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Myth breaker!!!

Path maker!!!

encore giver!!!

of course he will give us more encores.

i thought qayamat.... was aamir's first.
seher thanks for the article.

-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

yeh bachchon ke khelne ki cheez nahii hai
and then deep silence๐Ÿ˜‰

Bluefalls thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh

Myth breaker!!!

Path maker!!!

encore giver!!!

of course he will give us more encores.

i thought qayamat.... was aamir's first.
seher thanks for the article.

Hehehe i knew this but dont know how i forgot it

But there is a common thing between Rajeev and aamir khan in this case.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

The director of aamir khan's first film and the director of Rajeev's second serial after KTH is same๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.

Its Ketan Mehta๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.Holi was directed by ketan mehta.It got a national award too i think but Aamir khan did that film as a child actor though he was in one of the leading roles.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.

Bluefalls thumbnail

Originally posted by: seher

What happens next?
10 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA ,TNN
              Text:
2008 has been an astonishing year for new talent, specially male talent.
Farhan Akhtar (TOI Photo) More Pics

While last year Ranbir Kapoor was a clear winner this year Anuraag Sinha, Sikandar Kher, Rajeev Khandelwal, Imran Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Harman Baweja and Adhyayan Suman all happened to Hindi cinema within a few months.

We have candidates like Arjan Bajwa in Fashion, and girls like Mugdha Godse (again, excellent in Fashion) and Shah Rukh Khan's leading lady Anushka Sharma coming up.

Expectations from Anushka in Rab Ne Bana De Jodi are therefore high. And that's where the problem creeps in. When a debutant is built up as the Next Best Thing, he or she finds it hard to live up to expectations.

While Saawariya was being made Ranbir and Sonam were always warned about the impact they were supposed to make. It came to a point where they refused to step out of their homes in those days. Those newcomers who have arrived without a flurry have made a bigger impact.

Rajeev broke the myth about television stars being ineligible for stardom. Now I wonder if Rajiv's second film would encore the impact of Aamir! Unlikely... because the kind of impact Rajeev made in Aamir, even Aamir Khan couldn't make in his launch film Holi.

When newcomers start with a flourish they end up in the ditch with their next film. Imran Khan is the latest example. Jaane Tu... Jaane Na was the best and the worst thing to have happened to Imran. It skyrocketed his stocks to the extent that he confessed to me that he was being paid obscene amounts to attend social gatherings and dandiya functions for 10 minutes.

His second film has disappointed audiences. But he has not. The best part of having your head firmly on your shoulder is that you get swayed neither by the adulation nor the inevitable fall.
He'll survive the downslide. So too Ranbir Kapoor and Neil Nitin Mukesh. Ironically their debut film was not a success. And yet they sailed across to the second film.

Now there's Farhan Akhtar. Shabana Azmi thinks Farhan in Rock On was the most flawless performance by a male actor in Hindi cinema alongside Balraj Sahni in Garam Hawa and Paresh Rawal in Sir. But what happens now? Doesn't this kind of praise put plenty of pressure on the performer?

If Farhan isn't feeling any performance anxiety it is because he is already a superstar-director. He doesn't need to deliver walloping performances each time.
But what about Darsheel Safary? His first film put him in the same category as Shah Rukh Khan for the popular awards nominations. Now, no matter what he does, it will be a comedown.

Getting a foot into the industry is next to impossible. To hang in there is even tougher. Sammir Dattani took three years to get to Mukhbiir while Vatsal Seth is still to find a foothold.

Anuraag Sinha who started with Black & White says he would rather wait it out than do inconsequential work. But wait for what? Sometimes our entertainment industry shuts its door to talent only because it has little patience with people. How dare he? Tu nahin aur sahi. And who cares about sahi and galat anyway?.
here's the link,

Its great to see subhash k . jha writing such things about rajeev๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.

"Rajeev broke the myth about television stars being ineligible for stardom"

^^^The above line has been written by a reporter who himself once wrote in big letters that this man cant walk a single step without Balaji telefilms..forget abt films.I wonder what Subhash k jha will say if he is asked about his anti-rajeev articles๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.

Anyways, Hopes are high...but he always lived up to our hopes and I hope this time also the same will happen.Lets keep our fingers crossed๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
.Rabi. thumbnail
Thanks for the artical Seher๐Ÿ˜Š