Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Give him couple of years. Aamir Khan was just like him in the initial years. He did a lot of films and found a foothold in the industry and only then started experimenting. Imran too is going the same way. It is nice to have someone who knows business. Cinema is a business too. Akshaye Khanna became too choosy during the initial years and he is nowhere today😔, one of my fav. actors remain unappreciated. So glad that Imran and Ranbir are doing a lot of films and aren't choosy initially.

You are right about JTYJN. The friends were worst. They overdid everything🥱. Genelia too didn't impress me as I have seen her just the same in previous films too. So am neutral about her. No feelings. The movie had many glitches. May be I watched it with lot of expectations and got disappointed. I should have just watched it as a fun flick.

Right on @ the highlighted sentence.👍🏼

Yeah in JTYJN he wasn't all that great. I thought Genelia was better than him, but then I'd never seen Genelia before in any movie.
I liked how he went from a positive guy to a villian. Just love the transition. He didn't exactly stick to his lover boy image, and that's incredible!
AreYaar thumbnail
I liked him a lot in JTYJN....and I preferred him in that look.....Genelia and him had great chemistry in that movie....she's a very spontaneous and bubbly actress.

Minisha's recent 'transformation' has just left me😕😕😆....but it's a nice interview😊

@Mrs.Ackles: LOL😆😆....that's a possibility as well😆
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

he is saying baba to sanjay dutt as dutt is a child to him. Very funny.

TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
How refreshingly honest. Far too many actors would have sat on the fence and claimed they liked both "equally". I love that he's able to speak his mind and mean absolutely no malice. Let's hope he doesn't ever lose that.

About Minissha, it's pretty clear they have a great dynamic offscreen. It was pretty clear on the Sa re ga ma show that they were on, sometimes it felt like they were in their own world sharing a private joke. It's not surprising he picked her over Genelia, I've always thought he and Genelia never quite clicked beyond the screen, whereas he and Minissha do. That's quite a lot of praise coming from him though, "he'd pick her to kidnap in real life". Hmmm.

Minissha is quite fond of him too. She's ALWAYS gushing about him.

Edited by the scrutineer - 15 years ago
coolfire thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: the scrutineer

How refreshingly honest. Far too many actors would have sat on the fence and claimed they liked both "equally". I love that he's able to speak his mind and mean absolutely no malice. Let's hope he doesn't ever lose that.

About Minissha, it's pretty clear they have a great dynamic offscreen. It was pretty clear on the Sa re ga ma show that they were on, sometimes it felt like they were in their own world sharing a private joke. It's not surprising he picked her over Genelia, I've always thought he and Genelia never quite clicked beyond the screen, whereas he and Minissha do. That's quite a lot of praise coming from him though, "he'd pick her to kidnap in real life". Hmmm.

Minissha is quite fond of him too. She's ALWAYS gushing about him.

Very well said. You've got to give Imran some credit for being so honest and too at an early stage in his career. I am just tired of the diplomatic and humble answers that Hrithik, Abhishek used to give when they just started out. These days even Ranbir Kapoor can't say straight out that he prefers Deepika to Sonam, even when he was dating the former for crying out loud!

And now that everyone is mentioning about the great rapport between Imran and Minissha, I've got to watch this notorios Sa re ga ma episode that made things so evident!

You know, Imran has grown into me. At first I never knew really what people were crazy about, except the fact that he looked cute. Thought he was too boyish, looked too much like a bad photocopy of Aamir. But after reading his interviews, his honesty about his relationship and looking at promos of Kidnap, I get a feeling that he seems genuine and looks very promising. Even more so than the overhyped Ranbir Kapoor, if I may say so. I find him better looking than Ranbir to begin with, but acting wise too he's not lagging behind at all. And I like the fact that Imran is being bold with his choices, unlike Ranbir who played safe with a typical yash raj romance. 

I didn't mean to start a comparison thread here, but I cannot help but feel that Imran is becoming the strongest of the newcomers by the day!

Edited by coolfire - 15 years ago
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: friends_rock

thanks maya...

interesiting all prasies for Minnisha lolz...he has some reallyy good movies in hand....cant wiat for them

yaa hiru
even I can't wait
only 1 day to go
TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolfire

Very well said. You've got to give Imran some credit for being so honest and too at an early stage in his career. I am just tired of the diplomatic and humble answers that Hrithik, Abhishek used to give when they just started out. These days even Ranbir Kapoor can't say straight out that he prefers Deepika to Sonam, even when he was dating the former for crying out loud!

And now that everyone is mentioning about the great rapport between Imran and Minissha, I've got to watch this notorios Sa re ga ma episode that made things so evident!

You know, Imran has grown into me. At first I never knew really what people were crazy about, except the fact that he looked cute. Thought he was too boyish, looked too much like a bad photocopy of Aamir. But after reading his interviews, his honesty about his relationship and looking at promos of Kidnap, I get a feeling that he seems genuine and looks very promising. Even more so than the overhyped Ranbir Kapoor, if I may say so. I find him better looking than Ranbir to begin with, but acting wise too he's not lagging behind at all. And I like the fact that Imran is being bold with his choices, unlike Ranbir who played safe with a typical yash raj romance. 

I didn't mean to start a comparison thread here, but I cannot help but feel that Imran is becoming the strongest of the newcomers by the day!

I could not agree with you more.

This is not a popular opinion but I think Imran is far better looking than Ranbir. But not just that, he's got a better sense of scripts, or at least is more willing to think outside the box. Not many newbies would have signed up to play a negative character in only his second movie! No matter how Kidnap turns out, Imran has my respect for taking that step and being WILLING to take that step. It bodes really well for his career.

Ranbir is playing it safe and while it might work for him, it's not very interesting is it? I think he has potential, the question is will he use it wisely? And yeah, for the longest time he was so coy about Deepika, even today he claims he loves Sonam to death and that things are great between them. Err.. I think not buddy. Just come out and say it, that's life yaar!

And oh, you should watch that Sa re ga ma episode with Imran and Minissha. It's not overt interaction but their dynamic is very clear. If he wasn't already dating someone seriously I would swear rumours of a link up wouldn't be far behind.
Edited by the scrutineer - 15 years ago
crazy fanatic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Minisha in BAH was better than Genelia in JTYJN , for sure.

Imran seems  like a nice guy but I'm sorry the guy can't act :S Well, I'm hoping he improves in Kidnap but he was pretty bland in JTYJN. I actually prefer Ranbir's acting over Imran's currently.
Edited by crazy fanatic - 15 years ago
I didn't quite like him before, but I'm starting to.
lhcj21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So Imran prefers Minissha to Genelia huh.

I think I know another reason why....does anyone else think that Minissha sort of resembles Imran's girlfriend? I mean Minissha has a prettier face, but she reminds me of Imran's girlfriend because they have similar height and skin tones. That's just what I think.