Posted: 15 years ago
All Articles regarding this show "Ranbir Rano" can be posted in Here!

No comments Plz!

IF Dev Team
Zee's Ranbir Rano - An Eternal Love Story...

Inspired by epic love tales, Zee brings to you Ranbir Rano, an eternal love story starting 22nd September at 10.30 PM...

Zee TV, India's leading media and entertainment channel proudly announces the launch of an eternal love story "Ranbir Rano". Inspired from the epic love tales of 'Heer-Ranjha;''Sohni Mahiwal' and 'Romeo and Juliet'. A Shreya Creations production, the show is all set to hit the television screens from Monday, 22 September, 2008 at 10:30 pm.

Ranbir hails from the small town of Dera-bassi in Punjab. Rano too belongs to the same town but is typically from a conservative Punjabi family and hence has limited exposure with the outside world. Her father is the station master of Dera-bassi and it is one day, on her way to Dharamsala that she meets the man who is to become a part of her life – Ranbir.  What transpires after is what dreams are made of – sweet moments between the couple, feuding households, and love that outshines the toughest of all obstacles.  

Speaking on the launch, Mr. Tarun Mehra, Business Head, Zee TV said, "Our forthcoming show, Ranbir- Rano advocates the "Religion of love - Rab Jisse Jode woh bandhan kaun tode." This is not merely a show but a representation of real life moments and unforgettable memories close to our hearts that we attempt to bring across through the medium of popular entertainment. We were in search of a concept that was a cut above the rest, yet in trend with the television content of today. Ranbir Rano is a young love story based in the lush green fields of Punjab. The Punjabis as a race are known for their bold portrayal of emotions. So whether it is fondness for food, the passion for the good life or then an uninhibited depiction of love for loved ones, the Punjabi always stands apart. And we decided to bring this very relentless spirit in our story telling."

Adding further he said, "The channel promises to make people think of love in the most unadulterated form. A love marred by social boundaries yet pristine in its depiction. The show, in a gist, is about two young souls in search of love, sarson ke khet, Punjab ki soni mitti and an unconditional belief in the power of destiny."

The series also marks the debut of Vinay Rohrra and Sakshi Talwar who portrays the character of Ranbir and Rano respectively along with Achint Kaur, Deep Dhillon, Rajender Gupta, Pankaj Beri, SG Makhija, Kunika Lal etc.  Both these characters, Ranbir & Rano, symbolize young love, a devil may dare attitude made prominent by the power of love and two souls in search of the forbidden. So will this story have a happy ending or will the land live up to its history of combining love and tragedy together?

Source Link: http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3229

Enjoy the Article!
-Prii
Even God Wants Ranbir To Be With Her....  

Recently there was quite a lot of talk in the media about Ranbir's new love interest. The fact that he had finally found his soul mate in a shy demure 'Punjab ki kudi' called Rano. But before the reader jumps to any inconclusive conclusions, the inside story is that the Ranbir being talked about is the lead of Zee TV's new show Ranbir Rano. And well, there is a lot of speculation about this Ranbir as well…

For the first time a channel has been able to portray the real Punjab, with elaborate costumes and sets. It is rumored that the producers spent close to 1.5 crores in setting up the small town of DeraBassi where the story takes birth. All the characters chosen for the show are also known Punjabi faces like Deep Dhillon, Achint Kaur, Kunika Lall, Pankaj Berry, Rajendra Gupta to name a few. In fact new comer Sakshi Talwar, who plays the central character of Rano is a staunch punjaban herself.

The story also has a certain freshness to it. The issue tackled here is that of class distinction in the backdrop of love, the way the characters are portrayed is very refreshing. Small nuances like accents, locales, props have been given special attention and the same is obvious when one watches the show. Any true Punjabi will be able to instantly connect with the theme and its treatment. The show 'smells' of Punjab!

Noteworthy is also the chemistry between Ranbir and Rano. Played by Vinay Rohrra who marks his debut with this role and Sakshi who is relatively older in the industry, the characters have been sufficiently justified. In fact if reports are to be believed Ranbir kept a small puja for Rano's well being after the latter's constant illness.   

In fact, the show also speaks about the force of the sixth plane that connects two people unknowingly. Both Ranbir and Rano are strangers but are constantly brought in touch with each other due to connection between their karmic energies. Somewhere the mysterious hand of fate makes them bump into each other at corners and gives them the distinct feeling of having met each other before.

But there is a lot of resistance from the society, people around them, their very own family and this prevents them from really getting to know each other when they meet. A lot like when we come face to face with strangers in the least likely of circumstances and in our hearts we 'feel' we have met them before, probably in a past time or life. And then, almost in an uncanny way, nature intervenes and solicits its support to the two souls.

So here is a young, fresh new love saga that will make you smile and bring tears to your eyes at the same time. And it will definitely make you want the two soulmates who are so much in love with each other, happily together for the times to come. so catch Ranbir Rano, Monday - Thursday at 10.30pm only on Zee TV.

He's another chocolate hero  
Debutant Vinay Rohrra on how he drifted into television and his big screen aspirations

[email protected]
Here's another Ranbir. Lover boy with the chocolate hero looks. So, is he the next romantic hero on the small screen aka Ranbir Kapoor? You bet.

Says Vinay about his title role in the serial Ranbir Rano (on Zee), "My character Ranbir Singh is detached from the world of poverty and misery. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he follows what his heart tells him. He only stops to listen to his  father and his Dadiji who dotes on him."

A commerce student Vinay always wanted to be in front of the camera, thanks to his experience as a child artiste in Main Khiladi Tu Anari and a telefilm named Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh.

"I finished my graduation in Commerce. I wanted to face the camera so  I enrolled myself in the Kishore Namit Kapoor institute and started going for auditions. The Zee people noticed me on some hoarding and I got selected," he explains.

So what about the silver screen rather than the small screen; has he never given it a thought?

"I have been told by several people to try my luck in films after a few years when I will look a little more mature. And I think television is great to start a career," says the 22-year-old actor.

So is the single guy ready to mingle? "I want to concentrate on my work now. But you never know," he quips.

Achint steps into Ranbir Rano

In a move that will certainly boost up the prospects of Zee TV show Ranbir Rano, the producers (Shreya Creations) have decided to rope in actor Achint Kaur for their show.

Confirming the news, Achint Kaur says, "Though, I haven't signed yet but I'm definitely looking forward to be part of Ranbir Rano. The producers had approached me some time ago. In all probability, I will sign for the show by 4 November."

When asked about her character, Achint replied, "With the current strike, the shoot has been stalled. So, the story too has gone haywire. My character hasn't been defined as yet. There were two-three briefs given to me but nothing is finalised yet. So, it would be pointless in detailing about one as you never know it could change at the last moment."

-----------------

Might come as Ranbir's elder sis ?

Maa tipped to replace Ranbir Rano

More www.webnsn.com

Zee TV has patiently waited to usher in its new shows. The wait seems to be over for Shakuntalam Telefilms' Maa which is slated for a January launch and will probably replace the struggling Ranbir Rano.

Sakshi Talwar

According to our source from the production, "Maa will go on air from 5 January and will air at 11.00 pm. I don't know what will happen to Ranbir Rano. For that you will have to speak to the channel."

A reliable source from the channel says, "Maa will launch in the first week of January. It will air at 11.00 pm. Ranbir Rano will be pulled off air."

Maa's producer Shyam Bhattacharya though claimed ignorance to any such development. "I've been hearing about different slots for our show. The channel hasn't communicated anything to us yet."

Meanwhile Ranbir Rano's producer Sheel Kumar rubbished such news. This was seconded by lead actressSakshi Talwarwho said, "This is news to me. There's no truth to it. Neither the production house nor the channel has said anything to me,"

Zee TV programming head Ajay Bhalwankar remained unavailable for comment.

Maa will feature actors like Amar Upadhyay, Chitraphabha and Janvi Chheda.

Sakshi diagnosed with liver infection

The short and slim Sakshi Talwar is having a tough time keeping herself fit. The protagonist of Ranbir Rano was unwell during the show's launch in September. Well, our Rano has fallen ill yet again and as a result didn't report to work for a week.

Sakshi says, "I was diagnosed with liver infection. So I missed my shoot for about a week. During this period, my producer had to do with a dupe. It's been two days since I've returned to work. We were fortunate to have a bank of episodes thus it didn't hurt me much. However, this liver infection caused me lot of stress. I'm forced to feast on khicdhi and boil vegetables. Oily and spicy food is a no for me. I may be a Talwar but at the moment, I'm turning out to be very feeble,"

Not only do we wish Sakshi a speedy recovery but one hopes there is no recurrence of such illness.

Vinay Rohraa who played Ranbir in Zee's Ranbir Rano is being replaced by Ravi Dubey..

Zee TV's Punjabi love story Ranbir Rano seems to be plagued by bad luck. At first it was the change in time slot, and then came the bad news about the lead girl Sakshi Talwar taking ill. Her continuing sickness has caused the show some problems.

In this scenario comes the latest news that the lead guy Vinay Rohraa will be replaced.  According to sources, "He has to leave town as he has to attend to some personal problems.  Being a lead actor, he has 2/3 scenes every episode, and the creatives could not let him go. Hence it was mutually decided to bring in somebody else. The new Ranbir is Ravi Dubey". 

Vinay confirmed the same saying he is quite sad to have left the show. "But I had no alternative as I had to attend to a personal issue. I might finish my shoot in the next few days", he said. However, he rejected the buzz that the chemistry between him and Sakshi was not good. "People liked our jodi a lot", comments the actor.

He also said that he heard rumors that the lead girl may also be replaced in some time as she is down with a liver infection. Sheel Kumar, Producer, Shreya Creations said, "Sakshi is indeed unwell, but no decision has been taken to replace her". However, he did concur that if her health does not get better, certain steps might have to be taken.

The actress on her part says that she is better now and hopes that she will continue with her normal shoots.

Let's see what happens next!!

Love Rina

No leave; Vinay quits Ranbir Rano

Shreya Creations' Ranbir Rano is going through turbulent times. It's been a few days since the time slot of the show was changed from 10:30 pm to 11:00 pm, then lead actress Saakshi Talwar fell ill and now the show has encountered another major blow. The male lead of the show Vinay Rohraa is quitting the show and Ravi Dubey is all set to step into his shoes.

A source from the show informs, "Vinay wanted a leave of two weeks owing to some personal problems but being the lead of the show it was not feasible for the channel and the production house to relieve him for such a long duration. He wanted to continue but the personal problem that he's facing required immediate attention. Ravi Dubey, who was seen in Zee Next's Yahaan Ke Hum Sikander, will be the new Ranbir. Vinay has also been assured a new show on the channel."

When contacted, Vinay Rohraa confirmed the news and said, "I had to quit the show as someone very close to me from my family is unwell and I want to spend good amount of time with that person. This is the most depressing phase of my life. I could never think of leaving Ranbir Rano but there is no alternative. I feel very fortunate to start with a big show like Ranbir Rano. I have spoken to the channel and the production house about my decision and discussed the issue with them. They have been very considerate throughout and have relieved me off the show after understanding my plight. I am yet to be informed about the last date of my shoot."

dec 6 08

Success finally
Actor Vinay Rohra on "Ranbir-Rano"

A BIG BREAK Vinay Rohra

If you thought sleeping on the pavements, having doors slammed on their faces, or working at odd jobs and making their ends meet was the lot of black and white era film stars, poets and singers, think again. For all the reality shows and mushrooming channels, opportunity is still an elusive door for many. For instance, take Vinay Rohra who is now playing a lead part in the tele-serial Ranbir-Rano, currently showing on Zee TV.

The young man, despite a Cadbury celebration ad under his belt, had to run from pillar to post, frequenting many studios and speaking to many directors before he got the big break. Almost unbelievably he had to undergo almost 700 auditions and screen tests. Recalling his days of struggle, Vinay says, "I went for audition to nearly all the TV channels and finally Zee TV selected me for the role of Ranbir."

Vinay, born and brought up in Mumbai, did his graduation from Bombay University. Acting being his top priority, he has been doing advertisements, telefilms and was also seen as a child artiste in the film Main Khiladi Tu Anadi. With the days of toil behind him, Vinay, in New Delhi recently, is now a relieved man. With a smile by his side, he says, "People do recognise me on the roads now and ask for autographs." In the long span of struggle, he says, "I lost hope at times but never thought of giving up. I had the confidence in myself and my parents and friends gave me the much needed moral support."

The serial Ranbir-Rano depicts a love story inspired from the love tales of Heer-Ranjha, Sohni-Mahiwal and Romeo-Juliet. Based on the lush green fields of Punjab, the story emphasises the class battle between the rich and the poor which still exists in Punjab. Vinay says he wants to give more than hundred per cent to Ranbir-Rano and Bollywood is not in his mind as of now. "But if I get an opportunity to act in a film I would like to go for a negative role," he sums up.

S.M.AAMIR