[LAST DAY] Number Of Posts per page?

Poll

Number of Posts per Page?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
vijay thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Dear Members,

We would like to get your votes on the number of Posts per page you want on India-Forums.com. Inorder to take a call on this issue we will wait for minimum 500 votes.

While going through different comments and suggestions we have recieved a lot of feedback that the change on the number of posts per page has created problem for all the fan-fictions that have been written before the update.

But before reverting back to 8 posts per page instead of current 10 posts per page just wanted to get your views.

Pros:

a) Page will be loading faster and will be less scroll per page.

b) All the old Fan-Fictions would again become working.

Cons:

a) Some of the new fan-fictions that have been started will have problem.

For Fan-Fiction writers

I also have a simpler solution for FanFiction writers that will help them keep their index independent of number of pages by using the Post ID instead of Page. Would explain more once this page rolls to another page as that will make it easier to explain.

========
UPDATED
========

Well instead of depending on the Page Numbers I would recommend all the fan fiction writers to use the Post ID.

For example:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1026684&PID=18053460&#18053460

This will lead you directly to my next post on this thread. I just need to find the Post ID of that one and put in the link as above after &PID= Post ID and follow with # again Post ID. Thora complicated it might sound but will be much easier for everyone as it directly lands to my post. Just try it.

HOW TO GET THE PID :Just beside the Report and Quote buttons you will find "Direct Link" just right click and copy the Link URL and that can be used to post in the main index of Fan Fics or Galleries as that will not just land you to that post page but also directly take you to the Post.

========
Update 2
========

Now you can find the "Direct Link" through which you can find the direct link to that very post. But it only comes when you are Logged In to your user account. So this should really sort out the problem of the page in future also when there more options given to the user where they can decide on how many posts they want per page.
I think our FanFic writers can start using the new "Direct Link" URL to make their index.

Cheers,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 15 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't mind any of the two! But thanks for the option of a poll for gauging people's opinion
-dramaholic- thumbnail
I don't Mind either one accuallty.. But i agree that it will cause more confusion later since everyone is already adjusted there galleries/shops/fanfics/fanclubs/chatclub archeives and stuff according to the change...

On the other hand if we get 8 pages back, there won't be much of a problem in scrolling and also in picture galleries the more pics on 1 page the more harder it gets to scroll down, and i used to have nightmares scrolling down the DMG picture gallery in 10 replies of 50 images each..

So 8 pages would be better aswell.=)
anku2cute thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Vijay better check the mod sectn..Have posted a new problem..A major one :|
atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I prefer the older version ( 8 posts per page)

Thanks for asking everyone's opinion Vijay
dreamer_dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i think the older one was better!
Tomiko thumbnail

I like the idea of 10 pages per posts but many indexes were made for threads that have skipped a 100 pages....going through each page and re-making those indexes will be a lot of work!

kimmu thumbnail
It really doesn't matter to me, but I like how things are now. So i guess i'll go with 10. But you should go with whatever's easier.
Siddhi_ thumbnail
I think it was better before with 8 posts per page!!
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I don't mind 10 posts, it's more faster this way. So I vote for 10.