story: Sitaji cursed a cow n river

rupalip thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Today in Astha channel, Shri Anurag Krishna Shastriji in bhagwath katha
told a story where Sitaji cursed a cow and the river..

It was of Vanvas time when Ramji with sitaji n laxmanji reached GAYA, the place where all PIND-DANS are offered to our ancestors. Laxmanji asked Ramj for the same. Ramji agreed and both went to take all samagris used to perform pind-dan and left sitaji alone near a river.
I dont exactly remember the name of the river i thnk it was Phalguni....
As the place was for ancestors, sitaji started crying in memory of Dashrathji....  after sometime she saw two hands coming out from river, she recognised those hands as of Dashrathji and offered pind made of clay to the hands and was done.
After sometime when Ramji came back and started all formalities, he was shocked to see his offerings was not accepted and asked sitaji what mistake we all did?
Sitaji replied all what happened that time. Then Ramji asked for proof ... 
sitaji prayed river to answer Lord Ram but river replied as "NO, m not aware of all this"
sitaji cursed river for lying. Sitaji cursed river to go to patalpuri...  even today this river is not seen as other rivers but on digging land water comes up....

Then Sitaji asked a cow "u were here, u say the truth" Even cow waved her head saying "NO".
Sitaji cursed cow as"You are the purest of all but from now as u denied the fact, i curse your head to be impure (apavitra)"

Then Sitaji prayed God sun, I am your daughter in law and you  are the only one who knows everything abt every1 n all....
then god sun replied according to sitaji....
Sitaji said Though I am your daughter-in-law but still I say U the sun instead of seeing all the  bad deeds of this world, you will not get any effect and always be in your pure form.

Edited by rupalip - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhopalyellow thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for this update di.😊...i never heard abt it before.....hope sagars show it if they cum to know abt it😊

rupalip thumbnail
yeah even i dint heard of this before , sagars will not show all this , there are many such stories like sometimes back some said Ramji n laxmanji once arrested meghnath in their chidhood times... dont know how.
But they released him on Ravans request. This is from some version of Ramayan where Ramji curse himself  remembering all this the time when Laxmanji was unconscious coz of Meghnath.

one more.... I heard on Tv...
As we see Mandodari always force Ravan to let sitaji go.... She again requested the time after Ramji entered Lanka crossing ocean. She said dont take Ram as a mere man, no one can cross ths ocean, but Ram did...  Even stones float on water with Ram name on them....   Can u float a stone like this... Ravan said yes I can and they both went near ocean ....
Ravan took a stone and showed mandodari stone floats on water....
 she got happy seeing all this , then later she asked how u did this...
Ravan replied I wrote Ram on the stone...

secretz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing!Never heard before!
jingjing thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanx rupalidi,all the three stories r mind blowing.thanx for sharing.πŸ˜›
camella thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow!!! thnx for the wonderful strories rupali
_rajnish_ thumbnail
thanks rupali 4 the inffoπŸ˜›

let me tell u something abt this as far as i know

there is place in gaya called vishnupath near chhand chauraha.
there is a vishnu temple in vishnupath. the temple's architect is said to be vishwakarmaji. in the temple there  is  real vishnu path( vishnuji foot mark) chinna which the ppl worship. just behind the temple there is a river ( i don't remember the name of river) . the river gets its water only during rainy season and in rest of the season there is only sand. in rainy seson many ppl go there to offer pind dan. the local ppl beleave the river has got curse of smkind due to which it remains dry 4 rest of the season. i think u must be telling abt this river( o god hw cm i forget the name πŸ˜†)

Edited by rajnish_here - 15 years ago
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow !!! rupa !!πŸ‘ thanks a bunch for telling this wonderful story !!!πŸ˜› yeah !! the mouth of cow is apavitra that is why a cow always eat all sorts of unwanted & garbage stuff also (i mean cow is a herbivorous animal but still eats the decay & polythene & the stuff in the garbage)

i really wonder why tht river  & cow lied ????πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
rupalip thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnish_here

thanks rupali 4 the inffoπŸ˜›

let me tell u something abt this as far as i know

there is place in gaya called vishnupath near chhand chauraha.
there is a vishnu temple in vishnupath. the temple's architect is said to be vishwakarmaji. in the temple there  is  real vishnu path( vishnuji foot mark) chinna which the ppl worship. just behind the temple there is a river ( i don't remember the name of river) . the river gets its water only during rainy season and in rest of the season there is only sand. in rainy seson many ppl go there to offer pind dan. the local ppl beleave the river has got curse of smkind due to which it remains dry 4 rest of the season. i think u must be telling abt this river( o god hw cm i forget the name πŸ˜†)

Thanks rajnish .... wow real vishnu-path...  ok we ll search name of the river... its quite possible we are talking abt same river...  and it remains dry due to curse of sitaji ...
rupalip thumbnail

Originally posted by: sita11

wow !!! rupa !!πŸ‘ thanks a bunch for telling this wonderful story !!!πŸ˜› yeah !! the mouth of cow is apavitra that is why a cow always eat all sorts of unwanted & garbage stuff also (i mean cow is a herbivorous animal but still eats the decay & polythene & the stuff in the garbage)

i really wonder why tht river  & cow lied ????πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

dont know why they lied, they might be afraid of Ramji as lord was offering pind at that time.....  Well all was  set by vidhata as river and cow  didnt replied Ramji even knowing who kidnapped sitaji...