ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 8

Posted: 10 years ago

It's a complex story, theirs. It's like they think they are the only ones who have the right to injure each other, to pick up and drop ideas based on the intensity of the hurt it will inflict on the other. It's strange that they scrub away the wounds that they themselves bestow.

Pair of masochists, aren't they? They are aware that they are deliberately walking towards an end that is shrouded in darkness for in that place they can't be together. In the grand scheme of things why do their egos, pride and convoluted logic get more importance than a future in which they can be together? 

Brilliantly written! You remember when I asked you if you were a poet? It was a rhetorical question. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39sC_7yfKFg[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by vgedin

With Arnav and Khushi, the silences always speak a lot more than words. Words are bitter but the heart is wistful...

How does one teach a person to love ? And that too love somebody in a certain way ? 

"Also teach her the joy of inclusiveness in everything she does." That's what defines Khushi, isn't it ? For her joy is always a collective experience... one to be shared with everyone around. 

Also, isn't Lavanya's love just as true ? Isn't that worth respect in it's own right ? 

Lavanya is just as right where she stands just how Khushi is. This is what Khushi feels right and believes it to be right. It's that helplessness which she feels being on the outside now that Lavanya is accepted as a part of family.

I am not withholding her own selfish desires (though it was Arnav, it still is what she wanted), her own principles to be loaded on Lavanya. Because that's exactly what was done in the show. Lavanya is good enough the way she is. Yet she is subjected to this humiliation task of "changing" herself to "fit" into the family.

Khushi is no different from the rest, in this regard.
Hey dear...lovely update..
Loved the way u took up the whole issue of Teaching Lavanya to be a gud bahu...:-)

Actually ...it was insane...but it was instrumental in bringing the leads together..
Originally posted by ScarbroughFair

It's a complex story, theirs. It's like they think they are the only ones who have the right to injure each other, to pick up and drop ideas based on the intensity of the hurt it will inflict on the other. It's strange that they scrub away the wounds that they themselves bestow.

Pair of masochists, aren't they? They are aware that they are deliberately walking towards an end that is shrouded in darkness for in that place they can't be together. In the grand scheme of things why do their egos, pride and convoluted logic get more importance than a future in which they can be together? 

Brilliantly written! You remember when I asked you if you were a poet? It was a rhetorical question. :)

I am not sure if it's complex or its the people involved who make it complex. Masochists - I don't know. They are definitely disturbing enough to make me stay away from them, five miles at least. He catches her arm and pushes and pulls, she doesn't mind that intrusion to personal bubble. I feel that aspect of her extremely weird.

I think its just people being people making one stupid decision after next while the observer thinks "If Only..."

Thanks!
Originally posted by arshi-pooja

Hey dear...lovely update..
Loved the way u took up the whole issue of Teaching Lavanya to be a gud bahu...:-)

Actually ...it was insane...but it was instrumental in bringing the leads together..

Unfortunately, Lavanya was right in the middle. I feel sorry for her the most because she loved Arnav in whatever way she did and he treated her as if he was doing her a favor. Khushi however was equally complex and there was probably a twisted logic in their interactions which only those two could understand :)
Missing the wavelengths of a this Radio. Any chances of an update? 😊
I have read d first part and its really interesting d way u hav written it!!! It looked as if u are describing a snapshot of dat moment.
Will surely read d next parts and comment later :)
7. Limbo

Destiny is blind. Death is lively. Dream is moody. Desire wants everything. Despair is lonely. Destruction is creative. Delirium is beautiful.
Like them, she is needlessly simple and stupidly complex.

Its like watching a minor galactic event in an unstable universe where birth and death of a star is a daily occurrence. Khushi is teaching Lavanya importance of something Arnav doesn't care two hoots about. Every nerve ending paws at him for even initiating a conversation with her. He was never the one to do the bidding of normalcy. Masochism was Arnav's middle name.

"What's going on?" He breathes out, drinking in her flushed cheeks and the residual smile on her lips.

"I am transferring some of my awesomeness to Lavanya. She is learning how to cook an entire meal on a tinny budget." She looks like a proud mama. He doesn't understand.

"We have a cook and I doubt my inheritance will be reduced to a state where I will have to scrape spare coins to make a meal." His snort is derisive.

Khushi's hands flails everywhere. He ignores the growing catalog in his mind containing her moods and their corresponding hand-flails.

"Its perfectly possible you know," she jumps from one feet to next. "Assume you are driving out of city somewhere and god-forbid something happens and you both happen to lose memory. You have no money, don't know who you are, don't know where to go and are completely lost. So you will take shelter in a shady village and this scraping for food is totally bound to happen."

Arnav watches her, mouth hung open. He recovers at a record rate. "You are forgetting the fact that I am quite famous."

"Not everyone in inner villages read Economic Times." She pauses for fraction of a second and quips, "Or sleazy tabloids for that matter," she snorts at her own joke.

He rolls his eyes. "How will I know Lavanya is my wife or girl-friend or whatever? We are both memory-less and somehow I continue to live with her?" He wonders why was he even having this inane conversation.

"Two people in same place at same time in same state. Ergo related." Khushi replies sagely.

"Sounds inherently wrong." He argues to get a rise out of her. "But if it is indeed true, then what does that make us?"

"What do you mean?" She cocks her head and gives him a weirded-out look.

"Here we are standing in the same place at the same time and in same state." He iterates unnecessarily.

"In which state do you think are we in now?" She whispers. When did the conversation move from benign to intense? In 0.35 seconds, her mind supplies.

"In a limbo made of caged hearts and bad decisions." Arnav answers quickly. Before she can formulate a response, he walks away from the scene leaving her leaning on the wall as if gravity decided to pull her in.

They were two comets continuing to meet and burn and coldly depart.

PS: The first line about Destiny et al is a homage to my favorite characters. Just basking in their return. :-)
Edited by greenteaholic - 10 years ago
Bloody brilliant the change from innocence to inferno... Limbo?? Can something as blazing as this meteor clash be something as staid as a limbo? THAT is the beauty if that word and your writing. I'm beginning to wait for these shots... Don't give up on them okay? :)
A Sandman fan! Always nice to hear from one. :) Were you talking about the proposed film when you said they are returning?
Coming to this snippet, the private cloister in which these two find themselves turns in on itself in about 0.35 seconds. A minor galactic event it was. I was recently reading about the Arrow paradox and somehow this one reminded me of it. 
Also liked the humour in this one. That is a first.