Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
katelyn,

such wonderful sbs sbb and that promo. thank you. first time seeing the promo.

oh did you notice the contrast between barun sanaya off screen and sanaya abhaas off screen? almost like their onscreen avatars. heehee.

i love this sbs with barun, that kabootri line and her yelling for makeup.

of course, the bandage scene, even when it is unedited, being shot, stops my breathing.
indi52 thumbnail
^^^ rebecca,

thanks so much for your bat mitzvah wishes for my daughter. shall convey to the her.

also for your words on diwali 112/113. that car scene is a classic. so taut and packed with stuff. elephant in the car... yes.. that kiss was there all the time wasn't it? and what was he trying to do. gah, why must this man be so human, so real.

about the first time for her... horizon said something really interesting, in a way it was the first time for him too. he'd never felt this way before.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hd75

That car scene, for me, is IPK's best. The tension, the love, intensity, anger, frustration, hurt...to much to handle ! I haven't seen such writing, acting, direction, music anywhere else. After watching this how can you even believe that ASR & Khushi were just fictional characters whose "story ran its course?"

"Tho tum apni payal ke baare mein nahi jaanna chahti?", I can feel my breath stop at that question, every single time I watch it. There was so much in that one dialogue, it felt like he was screaming "I love you dammit and I know you do too, so just open up, though I won't".

What was he trying to do? Hurt her? Did he want her to confess? I'm pretty sure he knew what she was going through. Was he taking out his frustration on her? Was he angry that she was the reason his heart was taking over his mind? All of the above?

You want to get away from someone but you just cannot, you hold that person responsible for your state and you think the only way to push yourself away is to hurt them, but the more you hurt the person, the more you are drawn towards them. I've been through the drill, I know how it works πŸ˜³

My favourite scene ever in the words of my favourite writer (you, of course) on my favourite day, my birthday ! πŸ˜‰ Indi, thank you for writing this, it was beyond beautiful !

happy birthday to you, my dear harichandana. πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³πŸ€—

hope you had a wonderful day.

i am touched, leaping with joy, honoured that you liked the take so much.

my rather fave episode too. in fact, this time i felt the power of it so very clearly. that "toh tum khush ho," was always a killer, but this time i felt the purpose in every second of the episode.

he he, been through that drill before, have you? in a way, me too. which is why i enjoy it all so much. the touch of reality in this fairy tale is just too too much, isn't it?

wonderful synopsis in red. how to say "i love you i can't live without you," while saying mean and awful stuff. he was trying to do what even he didn't know i think. the more he wanted her, the more he had to hurt her.

your favourite writer, me? i am gobsmacked and super thrilled. thank you so so much. do keep dropping in. i know how much you love ipk. remember our turmoil during the tough days? even those couldn't keep me/any of us away. πŸ˜ƒ

asr and khushi are as real as you or me. valid, fabulous, dhak dhakking... there story somewhere still on.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
just saw episode... feel like bawling my lungs out.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Still to read many analyses of this intense phase of our show. Sohara, supriya yet to comment on ur wonderful works. All these epis are so beautiful, i dont want to gulp them in hurry but enjoy all works! All the intensity, love, pain every nuance offered so much depth by sharing with all if you! Thanks every one!

Love
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DurgaS

@Wiwy

Riddle No. 9:πŸ˜ƒ

Why did Arnav's chest turn red when tea was thrown on it?πŸ˜†

My earlier answers - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/81966213 

(in short, all rejected) 😲 

Some more answers:

Answer No. 5: Just as Arnav is allergic to agarbatti(mosquito coil), similarly he's allergic to tea patti (tea leaves). There could have been some left over tea leaves in the cup. (Ok, I know, this is the silliest answer πŸ˜†)

Answer No. 6: There was sugar in the tea and it caramalized upon hitting Arnav and turned the chest to red colour. (That would be the expression of whoever reading this one. πŸ˜†)

I am done with my answers, Wiwy. Can't think of anymore.

Durgey! please don't give up when you are so close to the answer!πŸ˜ƒ Yes, you are on the right track now!πŸ‘ Thanks for the PM. Yes, I have been busy lately, trying to finish my pending work, as I am planning to go to Jaipur (that is where my parents live) on 13th morning to be in time for my father's first check-up after his angioplasty. I will return to Kolkata on 3rd June.

@ All Blasters

Please PM the links of your posts on the riddle like Durga and Horizon, if you can, as I am not finding the time to run through the entire thread😭 In fact I might not be able to read much or contribute to the thread very frequently this month. I know you will understand my parents need me more than Barun doesπŸ˜† BD, did you say something?!πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: indi52

katelyn,

such wonderful sbs sbb and that promo. thank you. first time seeing the promo.

oh did you notice the contrast between barun sanaya off screen and sanaya abhaas off screen? almost like their onscreen avatars. heehee.

i love this sbs with barun, that kabootri line and her yelling for makeup.

of course, the bandage scene, even when it is unedited, being shot, stops my breathing.

Indi, so glad to see you around!  Couldn't stay away I see!!  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  Barun and Sanaya off screen moments are such treasure for us!  They always make me smile! πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Katelyn - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Hmm... Interesting. Don't know if there is any significance of a couple crossing seven circles of diyas. Actually, we were talking about the ritual of seven steps (in bold red underlined above), and not seven pheras. Just assuming if they took seven steps or not while crossing the circles. 😊 

I am sure the pattern of the diyas suggest something! The CVs had something in mind! My POV!
Oh yeah, another promo to share!! rockon.gif   boogie.gif   funkydance.gif

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 7th November 2011 PROMO (KHUSHI'S ENGAGEMENT), Episode 117[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HisNb4ID_po[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to uploader
Edited by Katelyn - 11 years ago
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Episode 110 - 111 first part:
 Arnav's own piece of heaven and Khushi's secret recluse.  To me the highlight of the episodes were the first time that Khushi sees that Arnav knows Khushi can feel him. The second highlight is when Khushi sees that Arnav can also feel her presence and Arnav knowing that Khushi saw him feeling her presence. There are a song which always remind me of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4QQMj6-mg
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4QQMj6-mg[/YOUTUBE]

To understand an intense chemistry this song is unparalleled. I have always liked this couple which were timeless. The pain of what to do, to choose between duty and love, to make a  choice when duty because of own choice and the pain of lost love and broken heart becomes apparent.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVD_jIUZcBo[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVD_jIUZcBo

In this episode each time I felt that Arnav and Khushi must both be in a dilemma, they both had the feeling that in imminent time they were going to sacrifice their love for each other, they both seem to be very keen in wanting to keep the moment they have togather. They both were very close, but they were again far apart. They wanted to give up all inhibitions and cry at each other's arms and at the same time could not. They wanted the other one to understand and did understand what the other one was going to make as a decision. However even when they knew that separation was going to happen still wanted each other's company. It seemed as if they both two like Aarti and JK wanted every obstacle and outside to by miracle disappear.
 Arnav seeing Khushi's premonition of him:    Arnav saw for the first time that Khushi can feel his presence when he went searching for her after dropping her off at the middle of the road after Janmashtami.  The second time was the day Arnav thought Khushi has broken his laptop. He saw her sensing him and looking at him. However in neither case did he even give the slightest hint to Khushi that he was aware of her premonition his presence.  During Diwali however when he saw that she has evidenced her premonition of his presence, it seemed as a boon to both of them. Khushi was under a lot of pressure from home to marry Shyam, it was her first diwali outside Lucknow and she had to face the fact that she loved a person who was unreachable. Therefore she was confused when he was stepping towards her with amusement knowing about her premonition. At that moment she surrounded by lamps in red- his favorite color, was entranced thinking how to tell him more clearly her feelings, and it seemed she did not need anymore when he has seen it firsthand. The thought in those moment were probably those she had said in Heer Ranjha " Jise jee jaan se chahte hain, jab use akhon ke samne paate hain to akhen bolti hain Zuban Nehi. " This was a moment which she wanted to recall through each heartbreak- because it was the first time she saw he had accepted her feelings for him without any reproach. Arnav had kept a straight face  when Khushi told him that she was getting nervous and her heart was beating fast when she went to give him an explanation after he became unconscious. He kept a straight face when Khushi told him that she thought he had cast an spell on her so it was evident that he did not want her to guess  that he was aware of her premonition of his presence. I think watching her in his favorite colour saree was his breaking point and her premonition of him was probably something which after years awoke his dormant heart, which had turned to stone after his parent's death. 
 Khushi seeing Arnav's premonition of her :  We know that Arnav could feel Khushi's presence from when she came back to take her DM from the office. The Shreya Ghosal version of the song starts after Khushi for the first time understands that Arnav can also feel her presence. When he saw that she has evidenced his premonition of her presence, it seemed as a dying man's last wish to him and to her .
As it said - Iss paal hain apna- to iss pal ko Jile, Sholo ke tarha zara jal ke jile, -After he learnt about the source of Khushi's payal he knew he had to give that back to her and to make things worse his grandmother was pushing him to marry Lavanya.  So it seemed he just wanted to grab those moments and not let them go. They both seem to think- they needed to live each and every second of those moments to the fullest. That was probably why Arnav went to give Khushi her Payal.
Pal Jhapak ke kho na jana :
He wanted to feel each second. He simply wanted everyone around him to vanish and he was oblivious to anything except the fact that Khushi was having the same feelings and abstract connection with him as he had for her.  They  both seem to be in a daze and grab the moment, make it comeback and hold it so that the plapable moment does not leave them.

After effects of evidencing each other's premonition  on Arnav: Arnav went to Khushi her Payal. With it came the unspoken guilt, pain of losing something valuable, and asking something that was less tangible, probably her heart, her calling him to her. He went when he felt she wanted him to look back at her, moved towards her to kiss her. His eyes seem to say- "Tujhko bhula ke aab jawu kaha ( I have no place to go leaving you." He requests her," Lo tham lo yeh lamho ke dhage, hum chal pare hain sapno ke aage. (Please hold this moment with me and move with me in in our dreamland" And with that came the promise of ASR which he kept  " Rasta hain yeh kathin par- iss safar mein Kabhi  na hongi aap duriya ( I will never stay apart from you)." I doubt even if I tried I could emphasize a better way of describing ASR's feeling for that moment.

After effects of evidencing each other's premonition  on Khushi:  Khushi seemed always to move back from him with full confidence that he would move towards her. When he was leaving after putting her payal, rejected that she was refusing him more, she called him back with her eyes, however the moment he looked back she caste down her eyes.  After all this was the first time she had been confronted by ASR and ASR was asking her something she was confused about giving- her heart and feelings to him without hesitation.  Her feminine hesitation she was however willing to give up- provided  he told her why he kept her Payal with him. . She needed him to vocalize what he felt, because as she said, "Kyunki baat aapki hain faraq padta hain, kisi aur ki hoti to nehi padta na, aur agar abh bhi aise chale jayenge to hum saas bhi nehi le payenge". However even without knowing- she always had always complied to Arnav's unsaid words, messages he conveyed with his eyes. Remembered what she said " Ham bhi kitni Koshish ki aap se pyaar na karne ke liye- lekin hamare dil bhi hamare baat nehi mani." I think this was an instance when her heart refused to listen to her head not to love him without hesitation.