taarey os: arranged marriage?

Angel-luvs-s thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey guys I am totally free today and I am 'inspired" to write a load of rubbish…I previously wrote an os on taarey but it was really depressing even though people liked it, I thought why not write a positive story so here it is…

A girl draped in a beautiful saree stared at herself in the mirror in anger. Sorry anger is an understatement of how she was feeling. She was plain furious. She glared at herself I the mirror. She snarled at her gigantic earrings which were tilting her delicate head to the side a little. She rolled her eyes at her heavy gold bangles which were weighing her wrists down, making it difficult for her to lift them. She was not wearing these ornaments by choice . these were literally forced on her by her mother who had caught the 'get your daughter married as soon as possible' fever. " what does she think of me? That I am some doll who she can play with however she likes. No way Mrs. Shekawat, no way, I am a highly educated modern woman who can make her own decisions." She said angrily trying to lift her gaudy self who has now become twice her actual weight due to the jewelry that weighed upon her. Taani was being forced to being 'seen' by a guy who will decide her future by her mother. "just you wait Mrs. Shekawat, see how I chase away this guy… and after this lets see who comes to 'see' me again" she said as she grinned wickedly to herself with a plan formulating in her head.

Meanwhile, in the shekawat mansion preparations were in full swing, flowers draped the ceiling  and a big rangoli was being made in front of the door. Mrs. Shekawat came out of her room to inspect the surroundings. " not bad…but everything must be perfect…the singhania's are an old family friend and reyansh singhania is a perfectly compatible with taani. It will be in everyone's benefit if both get married" she said loud enough so that taani could hear. Taani was extremely annoyed by now and her anger only grew. "oh Mr. reyansh singhania  you wil never foget this day as long as you live I promise you…"

Finally a Mercedes benz came through the gates of the shekawat mansion. "now remember rey…please be respectful..i know you are not exactly on cloud 9 but please for my sake just see her and if you like her," before he could finish rey cut him off. "That is highly unlikely but I will be respectful..i hope you know your son at least tis much..". He smiled at his son as he  off the car. rey got off too and much to his displeasure, a band of girls ran towards him with a plate and moved it in a circular motion infront of his face. "what are they doing? " rey asked his father softly. "They are doing your aarti." Replied Mr. singhania in the same tone. " I asked what they were doing not what their names were" . Mr. singhania slapped his forehead I frustration. "Let's just go in". With that they went in to the mansion.

As they entered the mention a woman entered. She was old but beautiful rey recognized her as Mrs. Shekawat. He immediately bent down to touch her feet while she commended herself for finding such a good boy for her daughter. " wow…. a modern boy with values…the perfect combination." Rey's father laughed heartily as rey smiled awkwardly. " oh god rey what have you done …impressed the mother…you are doomed" rey said in his mind.  She invited them in for small talk while rey got bored out of his mind. His eyes quickly drifted off from them and wandered around the house. Nothing special about the dcor but the drapes looked nice…drapes... he looked back at the drapes and caught a glimpse of a girl hiding behind it. He looked closer. She was draped in a blue saree. He caught glimpses of her dark flowing hair but could not see her face. He tried and tried but failed miserably. For some reason he couldn't take his eyes of her. Mrs. Shekawat saw this. "my...my… some one's getting  eager isn't he." Rey got conscious of the situation. "it is perfectly fine boy , I will call her down now.." rey managed a smile while she got up to find taani.

For some reason taani couldn't take her eyes of him. He had a strange magnetism which pulled her towards. But she forced herself to focus on her plan which was to scare him away any means necessary. Her mother entered her room. " look taani..i know you aren't exactly happy about this but reyansh is a nice boy and I want the best for you" her mother said while caressing her head. Taani nodded obediently. "sorry maa..but I have to do this" she said t herself. Taani descended the stair slowly while rey was looking at the ground. "oh my god. My future daughter –in- law is so beautiful…" he said. "dad what are you…." He stopped mid-sentence as he looked up only to see the most beautiful women he had ever laid eyes on. She looked like an angel. He closed his eyes to take in the scene he just saw.his father smiled looking at his son's reaction. " highly unlikely indeed." He whispered into his son's ear. Rey simply couldn't contain his embarrassment. Something like thiswas also happening o taani. Only difference is she didn't show it. Taani sat down gracefully. While a spell bound rey could only stare on.Rey's dad broke the silence. "Why don't we let them talk alone?". They agreed.

Upon entering the room taani locked the door. Rey got confused. " what's going on? I am not that kind of guy" taani rolled her eyes at him. " I need to talk to you in private and I don't want anyone to hear us." Taani said. "ok….but before that I need to say something. "Said rey. " I am not interested in this marriage." Both said simultaneously. Both stared at each other for a while not knowing what else to say. Finally rey burst out laughing. "why are you laughing?" questioned a puzzled taani. " I thought this would be much harder so I planned to tell you that mein aadmi hoon aur aadmi se pyaar karta hoon." Taani was confused for a moment but then realized his implications.she burst out laughing. " I was planning to tell you that I had split- personality disorder." Rey and taani laughed even more and just like that all the awkwardness was gone. They laughed and talked for a long time. Taani felt something diferent occur in her and so did rey/ they never wanted to leave each other. Suddenly they didn't feel like sayingno anymore.finally mrs. Shekawat knocked on the door."are you guys done? It is getting late."taani and rey looked at each other with  lots  to say but no time. Rey walked ahead when taani called out to him. " wait." She scribbled something down on a piece of paper. " read this when you get home" rey nodded and slid it into his pocket.

They looked at each other as they exited the room with heavy hearts and a fear of regrets. They had so much to say. Why couldn't time just stand still. "have you made your decision rey?" rey's father asked. Rey answered before thinking. " I am ready." Taani's eyes bulged out as she heard his reply. A happiness filled her. One that she hadn't expected. Rey felt guilty. He felt like he was imposing his decision on her. "what about you taani." He asked.  Taani's answer both shocked herself and rey. " I agree too."  Rey was dumbfounded. A series of happy  exclaims filled the mansion. Rey quickly pulled out the paper. He received from taani.it said: I love you. Rey let a scream of excitement which startled everyone. " I love you too"  He mouthed to taani .taani blushed  a deep shade of red. With that they embarked into their new lives as husband and wife.

Okay this is a belated taarey anniversary gift…I know it was terrible but if you liked it even a little pls hit like and comment

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Asha_Tacker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh yaar,u cnt say it terrible!! It ws freaking awsm dude...Smtg 2 d/f...
paruls thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome !!!👏👏👏 I hope you are inspired more to write a whole lot of rubbish.😉 😆 😆

Loved how taani kept calling her mom Mrs. Shekawat. 

Loved these line. ❤️

"just you wait Mrs. Shekawat, see how I chase away this guy… and after this lets see who comes to 'see' me again" she said as she grinned wickedly to herself with a plan formulating in her head"

"what are they doing? " rey asked his father softly. "They are doing your aarti." Replied Mr. singhania in the same tone. " I asked what they were doing not what their names were" . Mr. singhania slapped his forehead I frustration." 🤣 🤣 🤣.

" oh god rey what have you done …impressed the mother…you are doomed" rey said in his mind" 😆
😆 Poor Rey.

And when Rey's father whispered into his ears, highly unlikely indeed, I ended up smirking too. 👏 👏

And obviously the taarey scene was amazing. 😳

Viji.Chandran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

wow... that ws a perfect treat for taarey annivrsry...

nw these stories r d only reasn i luv taarey...

coz the shw no mre have TR or evn the scenes wt TR seems lifeless...

thanx a lot for ths lovely os...

-Fam_TaaReY- thumbnail
its awesome dear 😊👏
ajaved thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It was amazing bt do continue.would love to read abt them gettin married
--taareylove--- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it's really nice loved it👏
redroses123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
aww this one was really awesome yar 👍🏼.. keep writing my dear
Tahira-2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ooow this is was such a cute os

brilliant job dear and room part was soo funny and cute

loved taarey soo much and thanks for the pm
-CussTheWorldUp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!! Di! This was just amazing! Simply amazing! Seriously loved it! The idea is awesome and the way you penned it down.. Muah!