TOI: Dun agree with actors quitting midway-Sargun

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows: Sargun

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Mar 20, 2013, 11.11 AM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Tera|Sargun Mehta|Phulwa|Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmayudh|12/24 Karol Bagh
Don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows: Sargun
Sargun Mehta
Dance with me Actress Sargun Mehta, who has done serials like 12/24 Karol Bagh, Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmayudh and Phulwa is presently enjoying her dancing stint with real life partner Ravi Dubey in Nach Baliye. "Punjabi hoon toh naacha toh maine bahut hai, but only in marriages. I was not born with two left feet, but before doing Nach Baliye, I didn't know the details of dancing," says Sargun during her visit to Lucknw. 
And it is because of dancing on a reality show, that Sargun, a tomboy in real life, has got the best and worst compliment of her life. "And that is: 'Aaj aap ladkiyon jaisa naachi'. Though initially, it used to be like a comment to me when the judges on the show would say this, but later on it became a compliment. Frankly speaking, dancing is training me to be girly," she laughs, adding, "I am not a typical 'girlish' kind of a girl. In fact, my present onscreen character in Kya Hua Tera Vaada is also not of a typical girl. It is quite like me - a tomboy." 

Shaadi mubarak? There is more than her newfound feminity that she owes to the dance reality show. "My boyfriend, Ravi, proposed to me on national television and we will be tying the knot by the end of this year. I don't know if I am ready for marriage, but my mom definitely is. She has been waiting for me to get married for the longest time. I am all set for a lavish Punjabi wedding!" she shares. 
Quit Pro Quo? No Way! While so many actors are quitting shows, dissatisfied with their tracks in the serial or for better work, but Sargun says she is not one of them. Her present serial, Kya Hua... might not be doing so well, but she has high hopes from it. "I don't think it is smart enough to quit a shoe because of someone's track. We actors are just there to deliver scenes. I don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows. Bahut saare logon ki livelhood judi hoti hai ek show se," she opines. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing Tanu!!
mehvish0786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TFS and i agree with her.
xxRiaKapoorxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
TFS!!

Glad to hear she doesnt agree with quitting midway! She sounds like an awesome person! Always and forever loyal and committed to what she takes up! It makes me happy to know that we will always see her in KHTV, even though Ekta doesnt give her the time and screen space she deserves ðŸ˜¡

Anyway, I just hope that she convinces Mohit to believe this way too! ðŸ˜† I mean, he did quit BALH when he realized his character didnt really have much to do in the story. I just hope he doesnt do this with Vihaan and KHTV!

PLEASEE CVs, get Vihaan-Bulbul 's love story started ASAP!! we only watch the show for them anyway... might as well make it all about them!

<3 Ria