Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for the WU and comments, loved the pics..!! thanks a ton!!
smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Srushti-

Smrth,,,I thought today toh you must be on a roll...What with Saras turning to Caveman ways of life๐Ÿ˜† I know you are playing safe...but aatli feelings ne dabaish toh Saras bani jaish๐Ÿ˜†

Waise first let me answer your last question in the previous thread...I had just surfed along the books because like you I had that mothertongue literature reading attack...and I had attacked the MJ library...the only one having them all and affordable to a student like me back THEN...I had never managed to get to the last part because it was never available...and thank God because I hated sad endings...but first three..I had just surfed along..not read in detail and that was a long time ago too...I to am planning to buy loose binded version of them...atleast we can see where SLB and team are putting their own touches...

Chakiben scene...Ditto...I felt the same ..and especially since these days parents are bent on teaching their children english rhymes and these rhymes are elusive in the local household, Chakkiben was such a great attempt at reviving those memories and culture...and yes GR has done a lot to his diction...taht is good..he may not look completely local..but that was ok as he is shown as coming from Dubai after a long lapse...

DB being prominent...If she is shown as prominent being a widow...I will be very happy because Kumud could not remarry Saras because she was widowed as per the books..so if the yare showing the enstrenghthenign of the plights of widows and dejected women who are always being crushed under the social rituals..so well and so good..
I was sort of not agreeing completely with the 'Decent' Hero part,...he was not half as decent๐Ÿ˜†

Iliked their push and pull...but I think they took it literally...either I have missed something because the last part I could not relate that much...yes I get that he wants to break every relation...and so Kumud's sentence about their relation keeps haunting him...but I seriously was not able to understand his sarcasm...may be all her taunts and jibes are coming back to him...and the decent has turned to indecent...but there is something I feel is missing๐Ÿ˜•

You are right on distraction, but like you, I had a slight disconnected on Kumud!๐Ÿ˜†  Not that Jen was any less, only screen play over scenes on her missed a bit in last parts, so can't book my profit today!๐Ÿ˜†
Coming to the rhyme, you just furnished a variation! Yes, I had heard both- 'Chaki ben' and ' Chaki rani'. See, SblL is making us go in length over Sparrow queens and all. But I love his detailing.
Coming back to book. Srushti, the fourth part was so arcane, I suppose no one but determined student would get past it. Besides, it contained large dollops of ideological discussions based on G.M. Tripathi's Vedic philosophy and Sanatanvadi repertoire, I suppose. Only thing, Gujarati there was so refined and well bound, it has always been taken as a benchmark of grammar then. A treatise. Somewhere, I read, he was so formidable, even other writers of considerable stature were fearing his 'perfectionist' chastisements then.๐Ÿ˜†
_HealeR_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks a lot for the WU ๐Ÿ˜Š
ShanUlas thumbnail
just love ur update sometimes its better than the actual show..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

...u give such a good insight into the scene... sometimes witty sometimes serious ๐Ÿ‘