Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

From the author's desk: Oh my gosh! I havent even brought in Sheetal yet- most of you already hate her 😆- I would be so glad if you all could trust me a little and move along with the story- otherwise you would not be able to appreciate the twists or surprises that I plan for you.

Here is the next update.. PMs later- Happy reading!

Chapter 4- Against all odds

Part 1- Finding the way

Shashi stood there stunned, as he deliberated on the events as Kushi told him. He swallowed the lump on this throat and slowly went and sat by Kushi.

"Kushi, I regret my actions, I think I should go and apologise to Ajay Raizada"

"Ajay Raizada?" Kushi asked him, realizing that her father did not remember anything about the last night

"Yes, He should have felt very bad, that I went there with you and "

"No- he is dead- they told he is dead"

"What?" Shashi's face was itched with shock.

"that's what they told- they said he passed away five days back" Kushi informed him

"oh my god"

There was silence for a short while

"Father, I think you should go back there again" Kushi told Shashi

Shashi looked at his daughter blankly

"and return that bond or whatever original that you have" Kushi finished as her face grew stern

"No, I ' I can't do that Kushi" Shashi told her slowly

"You can't?" Kushi asked him in disbelief "that is not yours- you won it in a gamble- that's not a right way to own anything- it was not hard earned"

"Gamble?" Shashi repeated "No I didn't win it in a gamble"

"Then how did it happen that a big mansion like that is now in your name?"

"I can't tell you anything now Kushi- But but I didn't win it in a gamble"

"Oh really? Even I can't believe this"

"you know I won't lie to you Kushi"

"Ok, even if I believe you no one else will believe you father'" Kushi raised her voice "you told everyone there in an intoxicated state that you won it in a gamble- How will they believe you now? People tend to say the truth in an intoxicated state than in a sober state"

"I understand- But I am not lying now"

"Ok- you didn't win it in a gamble- But I don't think there is any way for you to win a 50 crore property in a straight forward way- tell me how come it is in your name now?"

"I told you I can't speak about it now"

Kushi got annoyed

"I can't believe that you are keeping things way from me father" Kushi told him angrily as she got up and went in

"Kushi, give me some time, I will resolve all this mess that I made.. I need to '"

"Don't bother to tell me anything anymore father unless you want to come clean on this- trying to hide things is as much as telling a lie- You were the one who taught me this" She said as she took her bag and crossed it across her shoulder

Shashi sighed. He wished he was in a less complicated stand to tell her everything.

"Where are you leaving now?" he asked her at last as he watched her slip on her sandals

"The editor had called me yesterday, I have to go and see him- I have some reports to be published" she told him impatiently

"Have your breakfast and leave" Shashi told her

"I don't want it" she snapped at him as she stepped out.

"A property worth 15 crores" Akaash muttered as he let out a sigh

"it is not the money I am concerned about Akaash" Arnav told him "I hate to admit it- But I am attached to this place- we were born and brought up here dammit" Arnav told him

"I know" Akaash replied "How can he be so careless?"

Arnav shrugged

"When is Mr.Roy expected?"

"anytime now- wait let me call him now"

"Ok.. I will be in the terrace balcony" Arnav told Akaash as he moved out of his office.

Arnav looked down at the garden's below and was lost in thought

Raizada mansion was a residence set in its spacious grounds reminiscent of a bygone era. Built by Veerender Raizada during his time, it was then when his clan of Raizada tree shifted to the capital city. It was also then, the family had ventured into building construction industry- expanding it, making it a family business- along with real estates. Raizada Mansion was magnificient and a masterpeice in itself.

A long driveway lined with silver pine trees and cherry trees one side and neatly curbed garden bushes on the other. The garden bushes ran all the way bordering the garden homing a variety of plants from crotons to blooms of roses, lilies and Jasmines. The garden bushes ran straight until the the lane was forked into two centering a courtyard hosting a large fountain, after which it curved right and bordered the garden until it met the compound wall on the other end. A large swimming pool occupied that part of the mansion. The left fork of the lane took one to the garages whereas the right fork ended on the large arched portico supported by many white marble pillars which lead to the entrance to the mansion- a large teak double door with intricate patterns on it and large silver knockers on each door.

The Doors themselves led to a big hallway tiled in white marble. The Hall way lead to the master kitchen and dining hall, a guest room and a party hall on the right. The party hall had another entrance which lead to the Swimming pool outside. The left wing from the hall nested the pooja mandir, and a gym and a large corridor giving way laundry room and servant quarters beyond. The far end of the hall way gave way to the floors above.

The first and the second floors nested the bedrooms and common lounges. The third floor had a small foyer which opened into a broad corridor which further lead to the terraces which were divided into two ' one on the left and one on the right connected by the corridor. The left side terrace had a small gazebo, and a beautiful terrace garden. And the right terrace was basically used for domestic purposes.

The right and left wings were connected on the first floor by a lobby area which had a suite of offices. The lobby also had a small modular kitchen on one end and a private dining area on the other end- the very same dining which was used for the family meeting three days ago. The lobby area extended further into a terrace balcony which was directly above the portico below- overlooking the road. There were three bedrooms each on either side of the lobby. Dadi's and Nani's rooms were on the left side of the lobby along with Arnav's Late parents's room. On the right were the rooms occupied by Mama and Mami- when they stayed at the Raizadas.

The private lounge connecting the left and right wings on the second floor had a small private pool for the family and a large Study. A large piano case stood on one end of the lounge where a gallery of family pictures occupied the walls on that side while the other end sported plush cushions couches. The walls on that side of the lounge were mounted with slick fish tanks with exquisite collection of fishes in it.  The front side of the lounge facing the road had glass doors which opened to a small balcony which was not as extensive as the terrace balcony downstairs but offered a private space and a good view of the surrounding area. The lounge had a flat glass roof exactly reflecting the size of the pool after which it sloped on all the four sides with red tiles. The second floor lounge also opened to three bedrooms on the right- out of which two were occupied by NK and Anjali each and only two bedrooms on the left- one of them being a master bedroom. The master bedroom initially belonged to Veerendar Raizada and neither the senior NandKishore Raizada nor Ajay Raizada used it out of respect for the old man. So when Arnav came of age to get a room of his own, He was allotted the master bedroom. The other room on that wing was occupied by Akaash.

"Arnav" Akaash's voice brought Arnav out of his reverie.

Arnav turned back to look at Akaash

"Mr.Roy is here" he announced his brother.

Arnav nodded to Mr.Roy and indicated the cane chairs surrounding the small coffee table which occupied the center of the terrace balcony where he stood.

Mr.Roy started to speak as soon as the three took their places.

"I went through the document that Akaash showed me Arnav- I am sorry to say it is a legal ' document"

"Nothing is wrong about it?"

"No- But this is not the original"

"That's fine- but other than that- nothing seems wrong?"

"No-But I have to say there is something very unusual in this document"

"what?"

"this is not a bond or something which says that your father owes this person some amount of money- it is a proper 'legally registered document- which means your father was in complete sober state when he signed these papers- He should have signed it in the registry office- it is as if your father has sold this house to this person"

"But that is not at all possible- that person couldn't have purchased this property at all- How can he- I mean it is literally impossible"

"There is a way to nullify this- this property is your great grandfather's ' which means you and your siblings have equal right in this- but to proceed with that ' we need to lay hands on that original document"

"I see"

"leave this to me- Akaash told me that the person didn't lok very influential- I have some connections with the goons- I can threaten him if required"

"No- that is not needed" Arnav told quickly "Mr.Roy- I want you to collect more information about this person- how he might have come in contact with my father- what made my father to give this mansion to him- and very importantly- I want to know if this person is doing anything illegal"

"Alright, I can do that- so you don't want me to threaten him or his family?"

Arnav shook his head.

"Give me what I wanted- I know how to handle the rest"

"I am having this copy with me until then" Mr.Roy told as he grabbed the cellotaped copy of the document and left the place

"Do you think the man Shashi Gupta might be an illegal fellow?" Akaash asked Arnav as soon as Mr.Roy left

"He could be- if he can gamble and win a mansion- he must be"

"But you do think the girl could be innocent"

"Why do you think- that I think so?"

"because you gestured me yesterday to help that girl when she struggled with her unconscious father"

Arnav smiled at his brother.

"I don't think the girl is involved in any of this stuff Akaash-she seemed genuine enough- My intuition says so" Arnav said slowly "or maybe I am totally worng- that is in the case that she is a really good actor"

"You are confusing me"

"The chances for the latter is very less- I think she is genuine- and I rely on that to play this game" Arnav smiled at his brother before he left for his office suite again as a bewildered Akaash looked at the receding back of his brother.

What is running on Arnav's mind now? stay tuned to know more

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago
smilesilently thumbnail
yay i am first ...lovely update
vinu.sr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
cant wait to find out what happened for Arnav's dad to sign off the property this way!!!

and what game is Arnav going to play now???
Edited by asr2kkg - 11 years ago
annab thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for the update...so sashi was in a sober state when the dealing happen with arnav's dad...wt is he hiding? God so many mysteries...pls update soon..
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Yay! Finally!

A short update, huh? Doesn't matter, we got Arnav... 😃

I love how you're building up the new version of Khushi slowly, surely...

And you've mapped out RM! I'll be doing my version in Vignette 15, it is done, actually...😊
sweet_sanju thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice update
The Property papers are genuine
Khushi against His father's act
Loved it
Continue soon

ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wonder how he got the mansion if he didnt win it in a gamble
more will be revealed soon
anushri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Insight to raizada mansion was beautifully written, as a reader I could visualize each and every thing. The chapter came with a twist and I gladly accepted it as I feel its going to be one of the turning point of the story owing to Mr. roy's future investigation. I am still waiting for a chapter to know more about khushi. On a whole I loved the update. 
Akorshi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
very nice update...
shashi's behave confusing...
arnav is planning to play khushi as pawn...
kiran0kumari thumbnail
thanks for update.waiting for another part.