Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
omg! That was hilarious!
Of all the things "Leelaji" takes the cake! couldn't guess it at all..
quite entertaining update.
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Iss confusion ko kya naam doon? It was hilarious. Anjali is as much of a clown as NK. And what a nautanki! Poor Shyam. I do believe  that's the first time EVER that I'm sympathizing with Shyam. Bechara Jeeja se Leela  ban gayaa 
tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wow...fab update...the whole update was very nice...and the part  where khushi dries the broom...and nk's leelaji...it really cracked me up... Edited by tashi26 - 11 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Precap-

"Aaj 8 baje ladke waale aa rahe hain, kuch accha pehen lena."

(At 8 the ladkewaalas are going to be here, so wear something nice.")

And just short of dropping that nuclear bomb right on to her niece, dearest old Buaji fled the scene; her large frame barely escaping the small back door leading out of the house.

Khushi groaned loudly; this one far louder than any of her previous odes to sheer frustration. With a retaliatory move, she flung the duster cloth to the far side of the room. Ruining all her hard work in this process.

What was she going to do now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

Khushi was not sure if she had heard her Buaji properly. 'Ladkewaale?' How did the 'Ladkewale' appear out of nowhere?'

One minute she was cleaning or rather trying to clean and the next minute she finds out that she was going to be married off. She didn't want to get married, she had the designing job to do, plus there was the love of her life- 'The Gotas,' and now there was Laad Governor.  Agreed they had been fighting like two cats, but still she couldn't imagine anyone else taking his place. She sighed.

Why did no one understand what she really wanted? She went near the Devi Mayya idol and decided to share her frustrations with her best friend.

'Hey Devi Mayya, why do you keep doing this to me time and again? Don't you get tired of playing your games on hapless victims like me? Why don't you pick on the Laad Governor and teach him a lesson? Please spare lesser mortals like me. I don't want to get married. Plus I have the interview to attend. Please do one of your chamatkar and save me. If you don't, I will be very angry and won't speak to you for a while.'

At the very moment Garima walked into the room. She found Khushi complaining to Devi Mayya and heard a few bits about some Laad Governor and marriage. She knew her daughter had the tendency to get melodramatic over small things but the words Laad Governor and marriage rang an ominous bell.

'Kahin Khushi kissi se bhaag ke tho shaadi nahi karne wali?' (Is Khushi planning on eloping with some man and getting married to him???)

She walked towards Khushi, kept a hand on her shoulder and asked her, 'Arrey Bitiya, why are complaining to Devi Mayya ?

'Nothing Amma, just about marriage and ladkewaale,'
Khushi replied.

Garima felt that someone had knocked the wind out of her, so Khushi was indeed planning on getting married by running away with some man.

'Khushi, what is this, you are blabbering. Who is the guy? Tell me.' She asked Khushi by holding her shoulder rather tightly.

'Amma, that hurts. What guy are you talking about? I was telling Devi Mayya about the ladkewaale.' Khushi winced in pain.

'Stop speaking in riddles. Who is the ladkewaale here? Tell me clearly.' Garima ordered

'Amma, stop this. Buaji told me about some ladkewaale coming to see me
.' Khushi said while rubbing her shoulder to lessen the pain.

'Kya anaap shanaap bakh rahi ho. (What nonsense are you speaking?)
Go and help Payaliya to get ready. Ladkewale are coming to see her. Buaji is correct, your sanak keeps increasing every single day.'  Garima told Khushi.

'Amma the ladkwale are here to see jiji?'
Khushi asked again to make sure she heard it right.

'Yes of course, who else are they coming to see, Me?' Garima answered, fed up of Khushi's antics.

'No Amma, I thought it was...
' Khushi left the incomplete sentence hanging.

'Did you imagine they were coming to see you? Abhi se shaadi byah ke sapne dekhne lagi jo? Chal pagal.' (Are you already dreaming about your wedding? You are crazy)

'No Amma, I don't want to get married, yet.  I am so happy that jiji is getting married, I'll get jiji all dressed up, so that when the boy sees her he will fall for her hopelessly. That way we can blackmail him and make him a ghar-jamai.' Khushi said trying to lighten the mood. The interview was important to her but her jiji was more important. Can she get away at such an important time? Should she inform that Laad Governor?

'Baad main jaye woh, baad main jaye uski interview,' She decided.

Garima slapped her away.

With that Khushi ran towards Payal with a spring in her step. She hugged Payal tightly and said, 'Jiji I'm going to dance to this song during your wedding. Wah Wah Ramji, Jodi Kya Banayi, Jiji aur jija ko Badhaai ho badhaai.'  

Garima came behind and pinched her ears, 'Now will you stop wasting your time and get Payaliya ready?'

Khushi agreed and she took Payal to their room to get her ready and presentable, before the ladkewaale arrived. Khushi selected a pale peach anarkalli salwar with beige embroidery and chose a white pearl and kundan jewellery set to go with the dress for Payal. She brushed Payal's hair and let it loose. She kept her make-up light. Payal looked positively radiant. Khushi was sure that whoever it was, he was going to be a very lucky man to be blessed with a wife like Payal. Her sister was calm, mature, rational and shy; everything Khushi wasn't. She wondered if her sister would gather enough courage to even speak a few words with the ladka.  Little did she realise that Payal was hardly happy with the whole thing.

Payal had a soft corner for Akaash ji in her heart and she wasn't going to let some Sharma or Verma take that away. Akaashji- The calm looking, soft-spoken, bespectacled handsome man who had won her heart. Sometimes she reckoned that Akaashji looked like a grown up Harry Potter ji. She wrote all her diary entries referring him to as her Harry Potterji, lest someone read it and found out how their seedhi-saadhi daughter had been loving someone secretly, without anyone's knowledge. Alas her dream was soon going to be broken' if only Akaash ji would realise how much she loved him, understand the depth of her feelings for him and take her away to their Hogwarts... Payal sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sharma ji's family arrived in tow to see Payal. Sharma ji was a retired Government bank clerk. His wife Kokila Sharma was a woman dressed in a bright orange coloured silk saree wearing heavy jewellery and adorning a  bindi that resembled a snake. Their first son, Ahem Sharma was working in a bank and was the chosen one for Payal. Ahem's younger brother Jigar Sharma who was an architect, had joined the family during the visit to the Gupta's home.

Khushi peeked from the door to look at the proceedings in the living room. Kokila ji scared her. She hoped that Kokila ji wasn't one of those ruthless, dominating mothers in law, who appeared in daily soaps, bullying their unsuspecting daughter in laws.

The Guptas welcomed Sharmaji and their family. Kokila took control of the proceedings and introduced her family members one by one.

'This is Ahem, my eldest son. Ahem beta...' She said

'Ji Mom,' He replied

'Take the blessings of all the elders in the family.' She ordered.

'Ji Mom
.' He replied again.

Khushi was wondering whether 'Ji Mom' were the only two words Ahem ji knew.

Once the introductions were made, Garima served tea, some samosas and piping hot jalebis. Kokila asked for Payal to be introduced. Garima motioned Khushi to bring Payal with her. Khushi and Payal joined the rest of them in the living room. Payal appeared very nervous and probably scared. But her fear was further heightened when she met her potential future mother in law. Kokila asked Payal questions on whether she was well versed in making dhoklas, theplas, fafdas, as her Ahem was very fond of eating Gujarati food. Payal nodded her head in agreement as instructed by Garima for all of Kokila's questions. When Kokila asked her if she knew how to make achaar, Payal nodded her head again. She wasn't really paying any attention to Kokila's questions.

'So Payal beti do you party?
' Payal once again nodded her head without even listening to the question.

'What is this Garima ji? We want a bahu not a party sharty karne wali ladki for our Ahem beta. He never parties. He finishes work and comes home on time to eat the delicious food I cook everyday at home.'

'Isn't that true, Ahem beta?
' Kokila asked Ahem.

'Ji Mom.' He replied.

Khushi stepped in to manage the situation, 'Aunti ji, Jiji is saying that if Ahem ji marries her, their life and your life will be as fun as a party.'

Kokila was taken in by the charming young girl in front of her. She was like a pathaka, and reminded Kokila of herself when she was much younger. Payal seemed like a nice girl, she was docile and shy. Ahem and she would make a perfect jodi. They'd probably take three months to say more than just 'ji' to each other. She decided to ask Khushi's hand for her Jigar. Khushi, she realized, was the kind of girl who could ruffle up feathers and make life a little exciting for all of them. She loved the control she had over her family and sons but she now needed someone to give her a run for her money.

So she asked the Guptas. 'Garima ji and Sashi ji, we liked your Payaliya a lot and we'd like to ask her hand for my Ahem.'

'Par Kokila ji Ahem and Payal haven't even spoken.' Garima said.

'I know my Ahem beta, Garimaji. He will never go against my words or choices. Ahem are you happy with this Rishta?
' She asked him to prove a point to Garima.

Ahem replied, 'Ji Mom.'

Kokila added, 'I haven't spoken to my family about this, but I am sure they will agree with my decision. I also like your second daughter Khushi a lot; we would like to ask her hand for my second son Jigar. What do you think?' Kokila asked the Guptas.

The Guptas were taken aback. On one hand they were happy that Payal's alliance had been fixed, but on another hand they didn't know how to react to Kokila's proposal for Khushi. The elders of the family excused themselves and went to the kitchen to discuss the sudden turn of events.

Khushi realised this was bad news. She looked at Jigar for a few minutes. He was looking down, fiddling with the hem of his kurta, feeling shy to look up. He seemed like a nice boy, probably a bit too shy. If someone had introduced her to Jigar a month ago, she would have agreed to marry him. But since she had met Laad Governor, her thoughts, her mind and her heart had been invaded by him. She no longer found Mommy's boys to her liking.

She started silently praying to Devi Mayya to not put her in another fix and make her parents refuse the rishta for her. The Guptas came back from the kitchen after ten minutes. Khushi kept repeating, 'Devi Mayya Raksha Karna.'

Garima announced clearing her throat, 'We accept this rishta. We would be fortunate to marry our two daughters into your family.' She added.

Khushi and Payal were shell shocked, yet they decided not to say anything in front of the guests. Kokila was very happy for her two sons. She held Khushi and Payal's hand and promised to distribute her sarees and jewellery between them equally. Payal gave her a 'W*F' expression.

Once the Sharmas left, Khushi tried to speak to Garima. Garima told her to sleep over whatever it was, she had to say. Khushi entered her room dejected and disappointed, she could not believe that she was no longer in control of her destiny.

Meeting Laad Governor had changed her life for good, and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't escape the fact that she felt things for him, her heart beat for him, her payal chimed for him and her gotas glittered for him.

As she entered her room, she saw Payal had changed in to a simple kurti with her hair let loose. She held Khushi's hands and said 'Let's go Khushi.'

Khushi tried asking Payal where they were going, but Payal didn't reply. They stuffed pillows underneath their blankets and then they got out of the house via the big windows in their room without making noise. They stopped an auto rickshaw to ferry them. When the driver asked Khushi and Payal where they wished to go, Payal replied 'Sheesh Mahal.'

Khushi tried stopping the auto and asked Payal if she had gone crazy. Payal asked her to shut up and let her do what she wants with her life. 'Khushi if you don't want to come just leave. I can travel on my own.'

'No jiji, I can't let you travel alone at night. I'll come with you. I promise to stay quiet.'

Khushi was wondering what had happened to her sister for her to behave and react this way.

-----------------------------------------------

Akaash was taking a stroll in the lawns outside of Sheesh Mahal. Ever since he had met the petite girl with a single braid and almond shaped eyes, he had not been able to take her off his thoughts. Akaash recollected every single moment of his encounter with Payal, how he had collided with her, how she had fallen down nearly, how he had held her shapely waist with his hands, how she had looked into his eyes with her almond shaped eyes, how she had blushed thereby reddening her cheeks further. There was something about the girl which made him want to dance to Pehla Nasha in slow motion. In fact earlier this evening, when no one was around, Akaash had played the video on the TV and tried imitating Aamir's moves. Would he ever get to see Payal again? Would his bhai and her behen's argument come in between them, and will his mom for once pay more attention to his feelings and his wishes instead of her make-up. He wondered.

Suddenly out of nowhere the woman of who he had been haunting his thoughts, appeared in front of him. Akaash decided that he had gone insane, he'd even started hallucinating about her. He stepped forward and touched her cheek, she flinched. He then pinched her hand to make sure this was just a dream. 'Oye Maaa...' Payal screamed in pain. 'What is wrong with you Akaashji?'

'Payalji is that really you. I thought... you are a dream... is this real...' Akaash was unable to form a coherent question. A moment ago he was thinking about singing Pehla Nasha for Payal and in no time she was right in front of him. There must be a God somewhere.

He tried to get a hang of himself and asked, 'Payalji, what are you doing here?'

'Akaash lets drop the Ji, shall we? I came here because I lost something precious in this place.' Payal answered.

'Oh!
Is that so?' Akaash sounded disappointed. 'Is it a piece of jewellery? I can help you look for it.'

Payal pretended to look around, and said 'Aannnd I think I have found it.'

'Where is it Payal?' Akaash asked still not able to locate anything precious.

'It's here Akaash,' and with that she stood on her toes and touched his lips with hers. Akaash felt the faintest of kiss on his lips. Before he could reciprocate the kiss, Payal moved away and said, 'Akaash don't ask me, how, why, when but the fact is that I love you. I have loved you for long. Until today I couldn't gather the courage to come and tell you this, but today my Amma tried to fix my alliance with Ahem ji. So I decided that it's better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all.' Payal said holding her breath.

Payal waited for Akaash to say something, but he didn't. Here she was telling him that she loved him and yet Akaash did not react.

'Akaash your silence is killing me, Please say something.' She pleaded

Akaash crossed the distance between them in a stride and said 'You speak too much Payal,' and with that he kissed Payal on her lips thoroughly.

--------------------------------------------------------

Khushi paid the auto rickshaw after haggling with him for five minutes. Payal had gotten out of the auto as soon as they'd reached Sheesh Mahal. She asked Khushi to pay the driver and ran inside. Khushi walked inside trying to look for Payal. She was shocked to find Payal and Akaash playing tonsil tennis with each other, thoroughly in the middle of the lawn.

Khushi was shell shocked. Her shy sister who would struggle to even look at people's faces while talking now had her tongue inside another man's mouth, a man she had met not long ago.

She exclaimed 'Arrey Devi Mayya.'
Shortly she heard someone swear from a distance 'What the!'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note- Hope I have been able to do justice to the awesome work of the writers before me.
PMs for this FF will be sent tomorrow.

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 11 years ago
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
RES!

First place!

Edit: 

NB, I loved this!

You had me at Harry Potterji and Hogwarts!

And Kokila aur Ahem bhi aagaye, kya bolun ab? Where did you get that idea from?

So Khushi is already committed to her Laad Governor, and Payal is smooching Harry Potterji into oblivion!

But Khushi ka rishta pakka ho gaya? Wonder what Arnav will have to say about that when he finds out..

And loved that "Bhaad mein gaye aap" dialogue...brought back all those wonderful memories of Resignation-waali Khushi   *sigh*

Finally, Arnav has seen Payal and Akash too, ab kya hoga? Woh toh Rafa batayegi..

Wonderful update, NB!

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 11 years ago
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
res! πŸ˜Š

Second! :D
-----------------
Edit: Oh god...Aakash and Harry Porter? πŸ˜† I was lmao-ing at that reference. I mean...how did you even come up with that?... It just makes so much sense. They actually look alike πŸ€£ Lamba Harry Porter. 

And I knew Khushi was going to misunderstand LOL...

Also, love that you got Ahen and Jihar into it πŸ˜† I used to watch SNS during my exams.. it's such a good stress-buster! Kokila scares me...I mean...she's pretty huge and very very scary! And Ahem... πŸ˜† *Ahem ahem* ...such a lousy mamma's boy! 

And wow...bold step from Payal. And Sanka Devi and Lard Governor meet again? Wonder what's to happen next πŸ˜ƒ

Gret job!
Edited by blahblah16 - 11 years ago
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Res

Edited:

You no sex, no passion serial lover!

You had to bring the dikra serial, didn't you? πŸ˜†

"Bhaad main jaaye woh, aur bhaad main jaaye aapki naukri" Why? Oh why did you have to remind me of the single most favourite scene of mine? 😭

I loved how you have shown Payal and Aakash here. She is in love with a guy for long and is ready to leave her house in the  middle of the night to tell him.

He on the other hands has fallen in love with her in the first meeting itself!

Good for them! Good for us!

PS: I love a good Potter reference ⭐️

Great update!

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 11 years ago
tanvia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
r
great awesome

waiting fr more
Edited by tanvia - 11 years ago
_disha_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Omg this is hilarious!!
Loved all the references made towards "Harry potter ji ","Ji Mom" and of course "Kagdi" !🀣
I swear how much i try the mere thought of payal and akash indulging in"tonsil tennis" makes me split from my sides !πŸ˜†
Khushi is completely smitten by Arnav that the mere thought marrying some else has given her a headache.
And then you finished with the inexplicable "What the " !!!
Great Follow up πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by _disha_ - 11 years ago
EXPELLIARMUS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Un-resed on page 122