I refuse to believe I am not popular: Smita Bansal

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
I refuse to believe I am not popular: Smita Bansal
Smita Bansal & Ankush Mohla

Smita, who bid adieu to Nach Baliye 5, with husband Ankush, is upset with the ouster. 

"We gave good performances and were in a good space. We consistently got 28 out of 33 marks and got good remarks from judges after all our performances. There were five contestants who got lesser marks than us in the last week. Apparently we were out as we were low on the popularity meter, which translates into votes. I fail to buy that argument. I refuse to believe and agree that I am not popular. I believe I am very popular. The elimination won't change my belief," she said,

Adding she had nothing to complain as she had always got the love and support from her audience. "Maybe the people who watch me don't vote and only the younger generation votes. But this doesn't make me less popular. I would nonetheless say Nach Baliye was a great thing to happen to me. It has been a good journey on the show. My hubby did things for me which he hasn't done earlier ever. We could not have continued for very long I wanted to return to my kids, one of who is all of five months, and he wanted to return to direction. So, it's good in a way that we are out of it before being fed up or stressed about it," Smita, who plays Sumitra in Balika Vadhu, said
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-refuse-to-believe-I-am-not-popular-Smita-Bansal/articleshow/18149067.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-.Priya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
WELL i love smita but i feel shes bitter
ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
what an outburst ! she is lucky to have survived this long! how long will the audience tolerate her "c-section and stitches" story. after the injustice done to shefali-parag , nobody would have voted for her this week. smita should accept her elimination gracefully and bow out. she can see deepshikha and shefali and learn in case she doesn.t know. i always felt she speaks too much.
crazy2012 thumbnail
Yes, she is popular - but she is popular as Saas and I guess, her fan followers hardly know to use internet and mobile phones correctly..sorry, i am not underestimating any one..

she may have got good marks, but definitely they need some improvement - lastly I really do not know if NB5 or any popular reality show checks their voting meter with some third party or not- so this result is authentic or not - i doubt
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ak75

what an outburst ! she is lucky to have survived this long! how long will the audience tolerate her "c-section and stitches" story. after the injustice done to shefali-parag , nobody would have voted for her this week. smita should accept her elimination gracefully and bow out. she can see deepshikha and shefali and learn in case she doesn.t know. i always felt she speaks too much.

i like smita bansal as an actress &liked from the days of her 1st show in the 90s. but i agree wid u completely.
shes saying she got gud marks & remarks from the judges but in fact their dance was not that much gud 2 get those high marks.and tho shes dancing even after c-section then Sargun is also doing 3 shows @ one time & had only slept for 45 mins during one of her performances  but she didn't tell this. and it only came out wen Sajid insulted both of them after Sargun  speak up 4 her hard work wen he overluked this & gave nasty comments 🥱🥱tho Terence'd given both gud marks & remarks also.

@shefali-parag i agree wid u. they deserved 2 b atleast in top 5 or 6(bcoz shefali is v.gud dancer while paarg is ok).😊
ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
it may be true that nach baliye has a young audience who may not vote for her. her soap is watched by housewives and elderly people who may not be interested in online voting. 

she is a good actress and has a certain image. so when she gives such  comments its not good.
love_karanabha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Shes being too overconfident that she is popular and can't take it that shes out get over it!
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Smita is popular? 😆 that makes me laugh..
What Smita ! Popular among housewives! No way! My mum, aunt n Grandma never misses any program... they do not like her and to my knowledge have never ever voted for her. They like Chrmer, Virat n Elena. Suhasijaisheel n d younger pnes . They were upset when Parag n Shefai were eliminated. They said it should be Rahul n Dimpy n Ankushn Smita who should get off the stage.
noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
She is not even a lead in a show! Kushal, Suhaasi, Amar-Charlie, Sargun are leads/parallel leads on their shows which are on-air! While Jay-Maahi and Ravi where leads earlier. Jay-Maahi are favourite among judges too while Rahul-Dimpy while low on popularity are also judge's favourite. I was surprised that Neelu-Arvind got high votes two weeks ago😲 but i guess the Rajasthan superstar thing works in her favour. The only one who was mediocre for judges and audience were Smita and Ankush so they went.